High IGF-1 Lowers SHBG???

Buy Lab Tests Online

jth0524

Anyone ever heard of this? I have recently ran across several articles that state this as a fact. Google has several articles backing this up. Thoughts??

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Anyone ever heard of this? I have recently ran across several articles that state this as a fact. Google has several articles backing this up. Thoughts??

Yes it does, as does elevated insulin levels (as in insulin resistance).

I've seen folks taking larger (non-HRT) hGH doses (obviously resulting in higher IGF-1 levels) clock in often with SHBG levels in the single digits.

Yes it does, as does elevated insulin levels (as in insulin resistance).

I've seen folks taking larger (non-HRT) hGH doses (obviously resulting in higher IGF-1 levels) clock in often with SHBG levels in the single digits.

Is this the mechanism by which TRT usually reduces SHBG in the beginning, due to higher testosterone levels increasing IGF-1? I assume it's not the SOLE mechanism, and that there are many more mechanisms at play causing TRT to reduce SHBG right?

Is this the mechanism by which TRT usually reduces SHBG in the beginning, due to higher testosterone levels increasing IGF-1? I assume it's not the SOLE mechanism, and that there are many more mechanisms at play causing TRT to reduce SHBG right?

Without double blind, placebo controlled studies to verify...I would leverage my clinical experience to agree that this is indeed ONE mechanism by which TRT can often lower SHBG levels.

Without double blind, placebo controlled studies to verify...I would leverage my clinical experience to agree that this is indeed ONE mechanism by which TRT can often lower SHBG levels.

That's fascinating. My shbg dropped from 37 to 24 starting trt but we've not checked IGF-1 yet so I can't wait to find out.

I'm trying to think of other mechanisms by which it reduces shbg, I guess maybe testosterone acting antagonistically to e2 could be another? Would you mind sharing the other mechanisms?

Jpin22

Hey Dr Saya,

So if one has an elevated IGF-1 now and had a low SHBG before even beginning TRT (possibly due to insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome) is there a way of decreasing IGF-1 while on TRT? I'm a patient of yours and physically don't really feel the effects of Testosterone, only cognitively. I'm guessing this is due to this insulin resistant state/metabolic syndrome/dyslipidemia/low shbg. Have been on metformin which helps a little but Ive always suspected the cause to be something having to do with my liver (possibly NAFLD) but an ultrasound showed it was borderline in hepatic size but homogenous in texture.

Hey Dr Saya,

So if one has an elevated IGF-1 now and had a low SHBG before even beginning TRT (possibly due to insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome) is there a way of decreasing IGF-1 while on TRT? I'm a patient of yours and physically don't really feel the effects of Testosterone, only cognitively. I'm guessing this is due to this insulin resistant state/metabolic syndrome/dyslipidemia/low shbg. Have been on metformin which helps a little but Ive always suspected the cause to be something having to do with my liver (possibly NAFLD) but an ultrasound showed it was borderline in hepatic size but homogenous in texture.

If wanting to lower IGF-1, especially in the setting of concurrent metabolic syndrome or insulin resistance, likely the safest and most practical way is either caloric restriction or intermittent fasting, along with reduction of protein intake (if high).

Jpin22

If wanting to lower IGF-1, especially in the setting of concurrent metabolic syndrome or insulin resistance, likely the safest and most practical way is either caloric restriction or intermittent fasting, along with reduction of protein intake (if high).
Ok thanks. Could something like borderline hepatic size be the cause of metabolic syndrome/insulin resistance? Given that I have low shbg and atherogenic dyslipidemia both of which pertain to the liver, I'm trying to determine is this simply a matter of giving TRT and the correct lifestyle choices time for the body to correct itself or is this something more that could possibly be addressed in some manner.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me