Nervous 22 Year Old - Looking for Guidance on Low Test/TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

tarnation

Hi guys - I'm new to the forums and this is my first thread so I apologize for any etiquette mishaps.
I was hoping to get some guidance on how to treat some of the symptoms I am experiencing (which my DR thinks may be due to low testosterone).
My Symptoms: - Brain Fog - Extreme Fatigue - Hot Flashes - Mile ED - Low Libido - Depression - Sometimes I have difficulty remembering things/slurred speech - Biggest one is poor quality of life - due to the symptoms i'm experiencing
I went to see a DR and she got some lab work done and here are the results:
2 Weeks ago at around noon:
https://s14.postimg.org/id2bt4b9d/First_Test_8_23.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/bb4e6x7nl/First_Test2_8_23.jpg
https://s14.postimg.org/sd1tmrbwh/First_Test3_8_23.jpg
1 week ago at 8:15 AM
https://s14.postimg.org/w5gqor20x/Blood_Work_2_8_30.png
I have been experience these symptoms for a while now, and I've done the following for at least the past year (some for the past 4-5 years) in order to alleviate my symptoms: - Regular Exercise (weight lifting/cardio) - Healthy diet (cut out sugar, increased meat/dairy, lots of vegetables/fruit, multivitamin, vitamin D, fish oil) - Haven't smoked/no alcohol ever - Making a conscious effort to sleep at the very minimum 8 hours every day
How likely is it that a DR would want to put me on TRT, and is there anything else I can do right now to avoid going down the TRT path?
Thanks guys!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Henry

Hi,
Did you talk to the doc? I mean, did you tell him your symptoms and ask him what would he do if your levels came back low? Did you ask about TRT and how was his reaction?

What's your height, weight? How's your sleep quality? Wow, even your HGB/HCT is low. For the testosterone, it says they were converted. Do you have the reference ranges? Are you in the US?

You need more vitamin D.

tarnation

Hi,
Did you talk to the doc? I mean, did you tell him your symptoms and ask him what would he do if your levels came back low? Did you ask about TRT and how was his reaction?

What's your height, weight? How's your sleep quality? Wow, even your HGB/HCT is low. For the testosterone, it says they were converted. Do you have the reference ranges? Are you in the US?

You need more vitamin D.

Thanks for the quick reply, Henry. I spoke with my GP about my symptoms and after doing two sets of blood tests she recommended that I go see an endo. I have my appointment with the endo on Thursday, and I am just nervous/unsure what to expect. I don't mind going on TRT if it means my symptoms will be cured, but I just want to be best prepared.

My height is 6'0, weight is 165 lb, and I try my best to sleep at least 8 hours a day. Also, I recently started supplementing with Vitamin D. I thought that my multivitamin would cover vitamin d but it turns out that the dosage of vit d in my multi is absolutely shit.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention - I am in the U.S. and I don't have the reference ranges (but I just shot my GP an email asking her to provide them for me so I'll post them as soon as I get them)

CoastWatcher

At the age of 22, you should think long and hard before initiating TRT, typically a life-long proposition. At the very least, I suggest you question your doctor about a restart protocol.

Henry

CoastWatcher is right. There is so much that goes along with TRT. What if you run into a woman that wants to have children. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it is more difficult. Also, you will be tethered to a doc for the rest of your life. What about medical insurance, copays and even changes in medical insurance. I had an insurance that covered Androgel for $45 a month. It then went to $55 a month. Then it went to 50%, which turned out to $400 a month. Then I had to change docs since the one I had wouldn't do injections. I found a good doc and was on injections and changed insurance to one that fully covered Androgel. If you read this, and several other forums, you'll see the trouble that people have gone through to get, and stay on TRT

tarnation

At the age of 22, you should think long and hard before initiating TRT, typically a life-long proposition. At the very least, I suggest you question your doctor about a restart protocol.

Definitely. I want to avoid TRT as much as possible, but at the same time I don't want to live with the symptoms I have any longer.

tarnation

CoastWatcher is right. There is so much that goes along with TRT. What if you run into a woman that wants to have children. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it is more difficult. Also, you will be tethered to a doc for the rest of your life. What about medical insurance, copays and even changes in medical insurance. I had an insurance that covered Androgel for $45 a month. It then went to $55 a month. Then it went to 50%, which turned out to $400 a month. Then I had to change docs since the one I had wouldn't do injections. I found a good doc and was on injections and changed insurance to one that fully covered Androgel. If you read this, and several other forums, you'll see the trouble that people have gone through to get, and stay on TRT

Hopefully I won't have to go down the TRT route. I'll speak to my DR tomorrow and I'll keep you guys updated. BTW the reference ranges for total testosterone is 250-1100ng/dL and free testosterone is 35.0-155.0pg/mL

j4ever

just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, but like you and others have already stated, at your age I would exhaust every option I had before starting trt, hell I will be 51 soon and am still a little hesitant, make sure you are getting quality sleep, make sure you have plenty of healthy fats in your diet, have you had your vitamin d levels checked? you may need to be taking 5000iu or more a day ( healthy origins ) brand worked well for me, good luck with your consult and as mentioned maybe your doc can try a re-start protocol.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me