Rx Drugs vs Nutrients

Buy Lab Tests Online

JWSimpkins

Don’t want to watch the video? Read the entire transcript below!

Before the advent of antibiotics, humans were at the mercy of infectious diseases such as bubonic plague, cholera and typhoid fever, which all had the potential to wipe out entire civilizations. Today, people living in developed nations are more likely to die from the so-called lifestyle diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes or cancer.
Unfortunately, even if you strictly adhere to a whole food diet and get regular exercise, there’s no guarantee that you’ll remain disease free as you grow older. Factors such as genetics, stress, environmental elements and the aging process itself can all play a role in the genesis of disease. This is when the judicious use of pharmaceutical medications can be advantageous to your longterm health and quality of life.

The obvious drawback to taking medications are the potential side effects, and depending on the drug, the dosage or the person taking it, these can range from mild to severe. One side effect that’s often overlooked, even by healthcare providers, is drug-induced nutrient depletion. This occurs when medications rob your body of essential nutrients by either inhibiting their absorption or altering how they’re stored and excreted. In fact, it’s estimated that up to 30% of side effects experienced by patients are caused by drug-induced nutrient depletion.

The good news is that nutritional deficiencies can easily be corrected by increasing your intake of the affected nutrients via supplementation. The key is to properly identify which drugs deplete which nutrients and then make targeted nutritional interventions. To give you an idea of how serious this cause and effect relationship can be, I’ll cover statin drugs such as Lipitor and Crestor, which are some of the most commonly prescribed medications in aging adults.

Statins are prescribed to help lower cholesterol levels and reduce cardiovascular disease and mortality in individuals who are at high risk. This class of drugs work by inhibiting the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, which in turn reduces cholesterol production in the body. The main nutrient negatively impacted by statin drugs is Coenzyme Q10, which is ironic because it plays a vital role in maintaining cardiovascular health.

Coenzyme Q10 (otherwise known as ubiquinone) is a fat-soluble vitamin-like substance that helps your body produce energy in the form of ATP inside the tiny powerhouse center of each cell called the mitochondria. Organs with the highest energy demands (the heart being one of them) have the largest concentrations of Coenzyme Q10. Research has shown that statins can reduce blood levels of Coenzyme Q10 by up to 40%. A prolonged deficiency of this nutrient can cause chronic fatigue, poor mental focus, muscle pain and mood disorders. In terms of cardiovascular health, low levels of Coenzyme Q10 can cause high blood pressure, angina and even heart failure.

This connection between statins and the depletion of Coenzyme Q10 in the body has been know for over 25 years, when the pharmaceutical giant Merck took out a patent combining Coenzyme Q10 with a statin drug. Oddly enough, Merck never brought this product to market and to this day many physicians who prescribe statins to their patients fail to recommend supplemental Coenzyme Q10 at 100 – 200 mg per day to prevent the previously mentioned conditions of deficiency.

So, the moral of the story is that if you absolutely have to take a medication, be proactive and talk with your doctor or pharmacist about the potential nutrient depleting effects of the drug. If they can’t provide you with the correct information, there’s an excellent online database at the website www.integrativepro.com where you can type in any drug and it lists all of the nutrients that need to be repleted while on the medication.

So, that’s it for this video. Don’t forget to subscribe to the channel and always remember that no one is going to care more about your health than you do!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MikeXL

This is an advertisement and should be taken down. More conspiracy theory bull shit. And whenever you see someone asserting such BS, you should always ask, what are they selling? If you click on the OP's profile, you will see that his only contribution to this forum are two posts. Both videos for his website. He sells one-on-one coaching, workout equipment and books. He is his self sescription

"About Me
Jason is a nutrition and exercise coach on a mission to acquire knowledge of all things related to enhancing men's health, fitness and performance."

Someone should kick this guy out.

James

'This occurs when medications rob your body of essential nutrients by either inhibiting their absorption or altering how they’re stored and excreted.

The key is to properly identify which drugs deplete which nutrients and then make targeted nutritional interventions.

if you absolutely have to take a medication, be proactive and talk with your doctor or pharmacist about the potential nutrient depleting effects of the drug.'

These are true statements and good advice in my experience/opinion.

JWSimpkins

This is an advertisement and should be taken down. More conspiracy theory bull shit. And whenever you see someone asserting such BS, you should always ask, what are they selling? If you click on the OP's profile, you will see that his only contribution to this forum are two posts. Both videos for his website. He sells one-on-one coaching, workout equipment and books. He is his self sescription

"About Me
Jason is a nutrition and exercise coach on a mission to acquire knowledge of all things related to enhancing men's health, fitness and performance."

Someone should kick this guy out.

Mike, please explain to me how drug induced nutrient depletion is conspiracy theory BS? It is a well-known scientific fact that Rx drugs can negatively impact a person's nutritional status.

Also, if you look at my profile in the side bar, I have 239 posts here on Excel Male, not two as you stated.

Yes, there is a link in my profile to my website where I sell products and services, but it's your prerogative whether you want to click on it or not - no one is forcing you.

In my videos, I only provide free health and fitness information that I think others will benefit from. I avoid any direct marketing, other than asking viewers to subscribe to my Youtube channel.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Mike, please explain to me how drug induced nutrient depletion is conspiracy theory BS? It is a well-known scientific fact that Rx drugs can negatively impact a person's nutritional status.

Also, if you look at my profile in the side bar, I have 239 posts here on Excel Male, not two as you stated.

Yes, there is a link in my profile to my website where I sell products and services, but it's your prerogative whether you want to click on it or not - no one is forcing you.

In my videos, I only provide free health and fitness information that I think others will benefit from. I avoiding any direct marketing, other than asking viewers to subscribe to my Youtube channel.

I trust JWSimpkins. His content is clean and not promotional, although anyone who has gained trust here can promote their services.

I appreciate MikeXL's help in watching out for potential spam, though.

Last edited:

Re-Ride

It's clear that Rx drugs can disrupt metabolism and alter absorption and utilization of essential nutrients in a major way. Especially for those on long term permanent therapy such as for HIV these effects are life threatening at worst and will eventually seriously impair quality of life at best.

The government of Canada has long recognized this while U.S. doctors and our own health care system has not. The majority of health care professionals here actually deny the proven benefit of supplements for HIV. As a result, those in the U.S. often missed an opportunity to live substantially higher quality lives than they might otherwise have, and, in the process, become fodder for greed by for-profit health care thriving on illness.

http://www.catie.ca/en/practical-guides/nutrition/2-a-la-carte/2-1

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching