Rejected from blood donation because of white coat syndrome

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I have the same problem and never dontated blood after being rejected twice. I guess I´ll have put my hope in Dr Nichols statement...and hope he is right...

Let us know if it worked for you. Last time I tried to donate I took 1mg of Xanax but it didn´t help. I asked if I could take some beta before and the doc said she wouldn´t let me in if I took that. Really sucks but I´m on the upper limit 51-52 so I don´t worry anymore if it stays like that.

HealthMan

Spoke to my GP and he thinks the problem i am having is the size of the cuff used at the blood center to measure my blood pressure. I have been lifting weights for almost 2 decades and my arms are pretty muscular > 16.5-17 inches. At my GPs office he uses a large cuff to measure my blood pressure and it is always normal. I have read that undersized cuff can overestimate blood pressure by 10-40 points (thats a lot!) What i will do is buy my own cuff and take with me to the blood center and have them check my blood pressure with it.

HealthMan

Let us know if it worked for you. Last time I tried to donate I took 1mg of Xanax but it didn´t help. I asked if I could take some beta before and the doc said she wouldn´t let me in if I took that. Really sucks but I´m on the upper limit 51-52 so I don´t worry anymore if it stays like that.
Going to donate blood in a couple of weeks. I will post if it worked here. I will also take a large cuff with me to the blood center

HealthMan

Went to donate blood last weekend. I took the propanolol (80mg)l + lorazepam (1mg) 2 hours before (should have taken 3 hours before though because the effects peaked at around 3-4 hours mark). Medication made me feel very calm but i noticed i was holding my breath when they were taking my blood pressure. Results: BP 120/95 and HR 75. Conclusions: before taking these medications my first BP read would be 140-160/100-120 and HR over 100. So great improvement. I was also very confident so I didnt ask for a few minutes before taking my BP neither focused on breathing calmly. So i guess if i do all these things next time my BP will be 120/80 or under. Anyways I was able to donate blood without having to take my BP again for the first time EVER. So I am very happy with the results. In addition to the meds i also took magnesium and L-arginine + L-citrulline. But the difference was definitely the meds because i have always used these supplements before donating blood.
A reminder that if anyone is going to try to mix a benzo with a beta blocker please speak to your doctor. I am just sharing my experience not suggesting anyone to do the same without consulting a doctor.
On another note. I took my own large size cuff but I was told they could not use a cuff provided by a donor.

RussianAnimal

I haven't had any issues with donating personally

I'm normally calm everywhere I go so thats not an issue

BP is good, problems are with hemoglobin and hemaotrcit..

Hemoglobin at time of donation was at 19 - cutoff is 21.5
Hemaotrcit 57%

HealthMan

Last update on my whitecoat syndrome protocol for donating blood. I am not a doctor so please consult your doctor before trying any medications. I am simply posting what has been working for me. Using this protocol my BP at the donation site was below 120/80 and pulse on the low to mid 70. Before this my BP would be as high as 160/120 and pulse ~ 100. And all this using an adult cuff insteaf of a large adult cuff (my arms are big). For whatever reason they told me they cannot use a cutf provided by the patient.

24 hours before donating:
25mg metoprolol XR

12 hours before donating:
0.5mg ativan
40mg propanolol IR
200mg magnesium glycinate (doctor best)
1 caps sources natural theanine serene
5g l-arginine + 3g l-citrulline

3 hours before donating:
0.5mg ativan
80mg propanolol IR
100mg COQ10

1 hour before donating:
40mg propanolol IR

All this on an empty stomach (my BP is obviously lower if i dont eat).

Last edited:
Last update on my whitecoat syndrome protocol for donating blood. I am not a doctor so please consult your doctor before trying any medications. I am simply posting what has been working for me. Using this protocol my BP at the donation site was below 120/80 and pulse on the low to mid 70. Before this my BP would be as high as 160/120 and pulse ~ 100. And all this using an adult cuff insteaf of a large adult cuff (my arms are big). For whatever reason they told me they cannot use a cutf provided by the patient.

24 hours before donating:
25mg metoprolol XR

12 hours before donating:
0.5mg ativan
40mg propanolol IR

3 hours before donating:
0.5mg ativan
80mg propanolol IR
100mg COQ10

1 hour before donating:
40mg propanolol IR

All this on an empty stomach (my BP is obviously lower if i dont eat).

Have you had a chance to examine that against your libido and/or erections (I consider those two separate issues).

Last time I went in to donate I did 25mg Metorprolol 24hrs prior and then I think I took 50mg 3hrs prior and made it thru all the screening no problem.

HealthMan

Hi Vince. I only take this when i donate blood (once every 2-3 months) so no long term impact in libido or erections. The day i take all these meds i get extremely relaxed and a bit sleepy. Everything goes back to normal the next day.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me