Slightly elevated hemoglobin, normal hematocrit...should I be concerned?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I had a regularly scheduled blood draw with my PCP earlier this week. I am always on the lookout for elevated hematocrit being on TRT. This time around, my hemoglobin was slightly elevated, but hematocrit was normal. Is this diagnostically significant?

Hemoglobin: 17.8 (13.0-17.0)
Hematocrit: 47.0% (37.0-49.0%)

Here's the only other one that was out of range:

MCHC: 36.1 (32.0-35.5)

Everything else looked great on CBC/CMP. Curious as to your thoughts and if I need to take any action here.

Current protocol:
24mg T ED, 150iu HCG ED, 0.15mg anastrozole EOD

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Yes, I donate every year or so (even before TRT).

Everyone seems to mention elevated hematocrit, so I've been watching for that. Haven't seen much on hemoglobin rising without subsequent rise in hematocrit.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Your MCHC and hemoglobin are slightly high while your hematocrit is OK. This is telling me that your body is adjusting into a steady state in which you will no longer need to donate blood.

MCHC stands for mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration.

And what does your MCHC level mean?

It is an evaluation of your hemoglobin levels in your red blood cells. The test looks at the average amount of hemoglobin per red cell.

MCHC starts going up while the body adjusts. In some men, this process lasts 18 months or more. Then no hematocrit increases are seen (assuming you do not increase your T dose)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me