Dissolving anastrozole tablets in vodka. Does it work? Any tips?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Someguy

I'm switching to a dose of 0.08mg anastrozole daily. I'd like to get started on that new dose asap before the new compounded capsules come in the mail. I have some leftover 1mg anastrozole tablets and I've read various accounts of people dissolving them in vodka to get accurate microdoses.

Here's my plan. Any feedback or tips would be appreciated.

Take 1mg anastrozole pill and dissolve it into 1ml vodka. Mix until dissolved. Use 0.5ml insulin syringe to draw up an accurate 0.08ml of the vodka/anastrozole solution. Squirt that into my mouth (being careful not to stab my tongue!) Rinse mouth with water and swallow to ensure I get any residue down.

Does this work reliably? Will it keep in the refrigerator for a week or so? Will the anastrozole be totally in an even suspension or will I need to shake it up each time?

Last question: these anastrozole tablets have an expiration date of 8 months ago. Are they likely still good?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I used to do this. I'd crush the tablet, 2, 1mg tablets and 2mL of Vodka. I can't say thru testing that it worked but I did it for about 6 months before I was able to get compounded capsules thru Defy. Only thing is to be careful with the math on it and the marks on your syringe. If you stay with 1mg and 1mL, you can dose it as small as you like and the math is easy to do. I kept my little chemistry experiment on the counter with a piece of foil over it. I did find it necessary to mix it a bit or stir it. 1mL isn't much fluid when your squirt it out so that's why I had started doing 2mg and 2mL. Use a dosing syringe like for child medications, don't use a real needle.

Someguy

Personally, I would get at pill cutter, spilt them into quarters and just take 3 of them. .75 mg is probably close enough.

0.75mg isn't anywhere close to 0.08mg. I think you misread the dosage. It wouldn't be possible to accurately split a 1mg tablet into a 0.08mg dose.

Anyway, Dr. Saya recommended against using this method (dissolving in vodka) citing that there was too much potential for inaccurate dosing, so I'll follow his advice and stay away. If I WERE going to do it, I'd probably go with a higher amount of vodka to increase the vodka to anastrozole ratio and make any slight inaccuracies have less impact... Maybe 1mg anastrozole into 10ml vodka, then dose 0.8ml of the solution to get a 0.08mg dose of anastrozole. Just thinking out loud here. Anyone reading this should double check me before doing this.

Last edited:
I would tend to agree with an accuracy when stacked against a pharmacy compounded product but not everyone has that access so you do what you must. Also, it is indeed easier to work with the more liquid you use, keeping the math straight.

0.75mg isn't anywhere close to 0.08mg. I think you misread the dosage. It wouldn't be possible to accurately split a 1mg tablet into a 0.08mg dose.

Anyway, Dr. Saya recommended against using this method (dissolving in vodka) citing that there was too much potential for inaccurate dosing, so I'll follow his advice and stay away. If I WERE going to do it, I'd probably go with a higher amount of vodka to increase the vodka to anastrozole ratio and make any slight inaccuracies have less impact... Maybe 1mg anastrozole into 10ml vodka, then dose 0.8ml of the solution to get a 0.08mg dose of anastrozole. Just thinking out loud here. Anyone reading this should double check me before doing this.

"Maybe 1mg anastrozole into 10ml vodka" - or add even more vodka and make it a party, lol.

Jokes aside, yes the more diluent you add provides more buffer against error. However, there would still be a valid question of uniform dissolution of the product (even with mixing).

chrismez

Ah, I did misread your post. Sorry bout that

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching