Article: New Testosterone Replacement Analyzer App

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ardoc

I just left a review. Just for reference it did not show any reviews and said there were not enough reviews to give an average rating.... So at least it's not showing reviews yet.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

cpetersmarck

Ive downloaded the app recently and have begun tracking. First, thank you for the app - have been wanting something to track my TRT therapy. Just a few basic questions so far:

1. Are we only adding 'medications' if the med or dosage changes? For me, it would help if i could log each injection with time of day, etc. My schedule is crazy and I sometimes feel me inconsistency with injections may be limiting some success. If I was logging each injection, I would have a history corresponding to my assessments.

2. I tend to over analyze but sometimes I am unsure how to answer the assessment questions. For example, my sleep or energy may be low at an assessment but it's a direct result of my work schedule, etc. Would marking it low for the day give the incorrect input because it was a result of something outside of my TRT?

3. What is the time of day you prefer the assessments to be completed? I do get some reminders but they don't seem consistent.

Lastly, one thing this has helped me notice is how rare (I think) I am experiencing morning erections. Short background - 43 yr old male been working with a TRT program for three years now. When I first began the TRT, erections were frequent and were something I hadn't been having for years. My frequency of morning erections has dropped off significantly (thank you to the app to help realize this). I do believe that for the times when I'm beyond sleep deprived (see above), I almost don't expect and understand when I don't have them. That being said, does anyone have some insight on what I should take a look at with doctor next visit because of the drop off? And I would say there is a correlation between energy levels overall and morning erections. When I received my last prescription, I did go from .4ml of testosterone cypionate 3.5x per week to 5ml 3.5x per week for a couple weeks. During that time frame, frequency of morning erections was back again but I did go back to original dosage after the two weeks. I did go back to original dosage strictly due from feeling i probably shouldn't be increasing dosage without consulting my doctor. I'm open to any input on all of this - sorry to ramble. Let me know if you ever need anything else for input around the app.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
Disclaimer: I am the TRT Analyzer app developer. The app is free to download and use.

cpetersmarck, I will answer your questions and then talk about a personal example (mine) - which is why I created the app and how it has already helped to improve my life on TRT.

1. The idea is that you add the medications that you are on now. Let's say you inject 50mg of testosterone every 3.5 days. You would enter that into the app along with start and stop dates. The start dates defaults to today and the stop date defaults to 90 days from now. If your dosage changes – maybe your doctor increases it to 60mg every 3.5 days – then add a new medication with the new dosage and new dates. Change the stop date on the previous dosage to the day before you started the new dosage. The graphs are going to use this information to plot your ratings according to the dosage that you were on at the time so that you can compare.

Here is what my medications currently look like. Basically if your dosage or frequency change then add a new record and the list grows over time.
IMG_0487.jpg

It is important to be as consistent as possible for the injections. Some people are more sensitive than others. When I started out I would just inject "the day of". This stuff takes hours and days to go through your body and even being a few hours off can interfere with how you feel. My SHBG is on the lower side and I'm more sensitive. I add reminders in my phone for everything and that helps. I set the alert to go off 15 minutes prior to when I actually plan to do the injection so that gives me a few minutes to wrap up what I'm doing and get to it.

2. When answering the assessments, I look at mood, energy, etc. over the course of entire day instead of at that moment. Everyone's personal scale has a different meaning to them, so enter what works for you. I think that from a doctor's perspective that they are more interested in the trend as opposed to a specific moment. In other words, are you consistently irritable or tired instead of getting the assessment reminder in the middle of an argument.

3. It's better to do the reminders in the evening when most of the day is over. There are some peculiarities with notifications on iOS, but those should be resolved soon. The reminders currently fire at 6PM, but that is going to be pushed back to 8PM in an update to give more time to evaluate your day.

I'll respond to your last paragraph in a separate post with some graphs. It's better to ask for advice in Testosterone Basics & Questions but since I had a similar situation, I can explain how I used the app to make things better.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
I've had similar problems as you with energy, erections, and libido. I'm a patient at Defy now because previous doctors would only prescribe testosterone and nothing else. The ancillaries are what make TRT work for me. A shot of Testosterone in the arm alone is not enough. I'm prescribed DHEA in sublingual troches since it was low. They dissolve under your tongue in a couple of minutes are are watermelon flavored. Since adding DHEA, I sleep like a dead man, and I'm less anxious through the day. I rate myself a 9 or 10 in sleep almost every night.

HCG helped libido and erections. But I had to try different dosages to find what works best for me. This is where the app really came in handy and is one reason why I created it in the first place. I've tried 3 different dosages of HCG across several months and I entered assessments throughout that time. You can see that going from 100iu every day to 350iu every 3.5 days increased libido. But the scale goes up to 10 so I felt like there was still room for improvement.

This shows the average libido rating for each dosage/time period of HCG. This is why the start and stop dates are important, and why each change should be a new medication record.
Image-1 (1).jpg

How many morning erections Y/N while on each dosage of HCG.

Image-1.jpg

So Dr. Saya at Defy was able to look at these graphs in time for my last consult and we were able to have a more informed conversation and actually see ratings and results. It's much more effective than just looking at numbers on paper and/or trying to remember how you felt over the past several months or longer. My HCG and testosterone amounts were adjusted, and you can see that the results are far better. Just note that the dosages in these images are what worked for me. You are different and so is everyone else. But that is why we need something like this. Over time you can better see what works and what does not for important areas of your life. So can your doctor or whoever you choose to share the information with.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
The following medications have been added to the Medications list:

Armour Thyroid
Cabergoline
HGH
Sermorelin
NDT

The app will automatically update and pull down the new medications by going to the main screen that lists Assessments, Medications, and Charts.

MadHatter11

So I had mentioned a few things once in the TRT Discussion Facebook group, and I've been meaning to add them here for sometime.
From what I gather, both the TRT Analyzer app and Myhealthgraphs.com are created/ran by the same people who run things here? TRT Analyzer tracks quality of life stats in tandem with medication regimens, and Myhealthgraphs tracks lab results. What would be fantastic is if features from both of these applications could be combined into a one-stop-shop for therapy tracking (perhaps maintaining both app and web interfaces). This way you would be able to track your therapy regimen, the lab results/blood levels associated with that regimen, all in conjunction with your quality of life. A great way of putting together "the big picture", which can be accomplished now with just a little bit of back-and-forth and utilizing the "Notes" section of Myhealthgraphs. Thanks for considering!

Mark

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback Mark. There is a lot more coming as far as features in integrations with other things. I don't have an ETA, but it is being worked on!

SoCal Guy

I just now saw this app and installed it. I had no idea it existed. It looks awesome.

A few suggestions:

1) I kind of think you guys might be missing one of the biggest opportunities of an app like this: the ability to show the improvement of TRT itself, compared to life before TRT. Right now, the app can only track the vagaries during TRT therapy, but is blind to how the TRT regimen might have improved health, psychological or body metrics vs before.

ie, right now the app only tracks the process of "dialing in" TRT therapy. But wouldn't it be great to know how TRT itself improved the various problems that drove someone to TRT in the first place? I'd love to see those graphs, especially after a year, and over a large population of users.

Also, wouldn't it be great to follow people as they tried different therapies? I.e., eating better, then gels, then IM? That data would be valuable as well.

So I'd suggest:

- the program works just fine with most features active before starting any TRT program, so it can establish a running baseline.

- every new ExcelMale registrant be informed of the app, and urged to install and use it to start creating their baseline

2) It's not really just a TRT app -- the TRT feature could be a section within a slightly more complex app that tracked life factors in response to various other meds and diets. (I'd love to have an app like this: If I quit diet coke, what happens to my mood? Cut carbs -- what happens to mood? Switch from endurance to resistance exercise -- what happens?)

But these are quibbles (really opportunities, not faults) -- this is an awesome app.

Last edited:

SoCal Guy

One last idea: The program seems to offer no reminders or daily reminders. But I think that people that are having good results with TRT will tire of the daily reminders eventually and turn them off, blinding the app to their continued TRT satisfaction.

Yet it would be important to keep those people collecting data, even at a lower frequency. Otherwise the app will start to suffer from over-weighting people with bad experiences.

So maybe an option could be added for monthly and/or quarterly reminders.

Edit: Tracking "libido" as a slider seems problematic because I doubt "libido" means the same thing for any two people. Frankly, if you asked me right now what my "libido" number was, I wouldn't have any idea what to say -- I'd be faking it.

So even though it's a bit awkward, I think the on/off tracking of specific events -- such as "morning erections" -- is much more likely to yield usable data.

So I'd suggest adding more on/off proxies for libido:

- felt sexual desire for someone I saw in past 24 hours
- masturbated or had sex in past 24 hours

Finally, when people are asked to rate their mood from zero to 10, my understanding is that people default to "7" -- not "5". ie, ask almost any stranger at random how they're feeling, they tend to say "I'd say I'm around a seven right now." But in the app, "5" has been chosen for everyone as the baseline.

But I think pre-selecting "5" will skew the results toward that number. So outsiders later viewing the resultant graphs will mistakenly deduce that people feel worse than average on TRT -- simply because the graphs had been pre-centered on '5'.

And, just spitballing -- maybe include a brain-teaser game of some kind in the app as a repeatable way of testing mental agility.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching