Has anyone else used our App? Any comments? Have you shown the graphs to your doctor? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

I just now saw this app and installed it. I had no idea it existed. It looks awesome.

A few suggestions:

1) I kind of think you guys might be missing one of the biggest opportunities of an app like this: the ability to show the improvement of TRT itself, compared to life before TRT. Right now, the app can only track the vagaries during TRT therapy, but is blind to how the TRT regimen might have improved health, psychological or body metrics vs before.

ie, right now the app only tracks the process of "dialing in" TRT therapy. But wouldn't it be great to know how TRT itself improved the various problems that drove someone to TRT in the first place? I'd love to see those graphs, especially after a year, and over a large population of users.

Also, wouldn't it be great to follow people as they tried different therapies? I.e., eating better, then gels, then IM? That data would be valuable as well.

So I'd suggest:

- the program works just fine with most features active before starting any TRT program, so it can establish a running baseline.

- every new ExcelMale registrant be informed of the app, and urged to install and use it to start creating their baseline

2) It's not really just a TRT app -- the TRT feature could be a section within a slightly more complex app that tracked life factors in response to various other meds and diets. (I'd love to have an app like this: If I quit diet coke, what happens to my mood? Cut carbs -- what happens to mood? Switch from endurance to resistance exercise -- what happens?)

But these are quibbles (really opportunities, not faults) -- this is an awesome app.
    Last edited by SoCal Guy; 03-07-2017 at 11:51 AM.

SoCal

Great input! We will definitely take it and run with it. Thanks
    Founder
    www.ExcelMale.com
    www.DiscountedLabs.com
    www.ClinicOptimizers.com
    www.TRTData.com
    www.MyHealthGraphs.com

Author of Testosterone: A Man's Guide & Built to Survive

Please no private messages. I answer questions on the forum for all to benefit.

One last idea: The program seems to offer no reminders or daily reminders. But I think that people that are having good results with TRT will tire of the daily reminders eventually and turn them off, blinding the app to their continued TRT satisfaction.

Yet it would be important to keep those people collecting data, even at a lower frequency. Otherwise the app will start to suffer from over-weighting people with bad experiences.

So maybe an option could be added for monthly and/or quarterly reminders.

Edit: Tracking "libido" as a slider seems problematic because I doubt "libido" means the same thing for any two people. Frankly, if you asked me right now what my "libido" number was, I wouldn't have any idea what to say -- I'd be faking it.

So even though it's a bit awkward, I think the on/off tracking of specific events -- such as "morning erections" -- is much more likely to yield usable data.

So I'd suggest adding more on/off proxies for libido:

- felt sexual desire for someone I saw in past 24 hours
    - masturbated or had sex in past 24 hours

Finally, when people are asked to rate their mood from zero to 10, my understanding is that people default to "7" -- not "5". ie, ask almost any stranger at random how they're feeling, they tend to say "I'd say I'm around a seven right now." But in the app, "5" has been chosen for everyone as the baseline.

But I think pre-selecting "5" will skew the results toward that number. So outsiders later viewing the resultant graphs will mistakenly deduce that people feel worse than average on TRT -- simply because the graphs had been pre-centered on '5'.

And, just spitballing -- maybe include a brain-teaser game of some kind in the app as a repeatable way of testing mental agility.
    Last edited by SoCal Guy; 03-07-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information