Sleep - Ideas for Improving It

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

SOme of my own research indicated my main problem was waking between 2-4AM and tossing back and forth, mind all over the place thinking of everything you can imagine and then drifting back to sleep for 30 minutes or so until my alarm. What I found was people reporting the same thing and tying that to a blood sugar drop around that time. I make sure that I snack (whey) before bedtime, hard boiled eggs, too, and I do much better. If I wake in the middle of the night I'm able to go right back to sleep.

Makes very good sense. I may look into this. Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Davet

The diet factor

Makes very good sense. I may look into this. Thanks.
Totally agree Vince...diet can be a big factor ...if I run to lower carbs i have noticed my sleep suffers...I ran under 50g of carbs a day for a while and toughed it out for a couple of months... still no good even though I ramped up my good fats...I think I was just causing my body to work harder with the glucogenesis process...looked and felt shi*te....so now I tweak my carbs to try and hit a sweet spot........just so happens I missed it last night and had a so so nights kip...its a tough old game we are in.......you never stop learning.

Davet

Vince

Super Moderator
Personally for me, I have a very low carb diet. I like to sleep on a empty stomach, scientific studies say this can cause sleep loss and problems in decomposing muscle mass at night. I do drink my amino acids before bed.

James

Took 5 mg of Melatonin last night for the 1st time. Within 30 minutes I conked out and had the deepest sleep I'd had in years.

James

It's been a week and I'm down to 1.25mg per night. Melatonin (at least after 1 week), has dramatically improved my quality of sleep. Very happy with it so far.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Not discounting sleep aid it's a very powerful antioxidant and aids in muscle mass development. Simply a great and useful supplement.

Bentiger07

When I experience jet lag or fall off sleep patterns, I sometimes take valerian root, benadryl, and/or l-theanine. I don't make a habit of it and only use as needed about once a month. While not powerful at standard doses, it does help.

It's been a week and I'm down to 1.25mg per night. Melatonin (at least after 1 week), has dramatically improved my quality of sleep. Very happy with it so far.

I originally bought 5mg melatonin but found 1 mgs work better for me. Based on how I feel at bed time I can take 1,2 or 3mg.
I will usually take 30 minutes before bed time. If taken too late I do feel tired the next day. That seems to be the only down side for me.

KSPhD

Melatonin. In my opinion less is more for sleep. I have used 1/4 of a 1mg tab with great success. The higher doses are for using metlatonin as an antioxidant - not for sleep. 500 mg of Mg2+ helps greatly. The final two things are utter darkness (blackout curtains) and cold.

James

Melatonin. In my opinion less is more for sleep. I have used 1/4 of a 1mg tab with great success. The higher doses are for using metlatonin as an antioxidant - not for sleep. 500 mg of Mg2+ helps greatly. The final two things are utter darkness (blackout curtains) and cold.

1/4 of 1 mg, I'd like to give that a shot. I'm at 1.25mg and have the challenge of getting that small pill any smaller. I agree that less is more for sleep.

Falconjurer

I'm taking mosegor as a food supplement for gain weight but its side effect is drowsiness and regular bowel movement whenever I take this vitamin gets me fall asleep. I also take melatonin if I really need a quick sleep

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me