What caused your low T?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jacklg250

Hello all,

By bloodwork I've found out that I have low-t and am currently on my own journey to figure out why. I would like to know why (from personal experience) your T levels were low? Injury? Tumor? Etc.. If it was a tumor, why did you get it removed vs using medication? Your replies will be most helpful. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I suspect it has something to do with all the wonderful chemicals I was exposed to in the miltary. No proof but oddly there is high number of secondary hypogonadism in military Veterans.

James

Maybe it's a reflection of the world I live in because I've spent some time researching HRT over the last couple years, and reading guys posts on forums, but it just seems like it's so prevalent nowadays. I'm curious if we pull 100 random guys off the street what percentage would have low testosterone. Like many of you, I'm secondary too.

PAUL-E

My ED started when I was T-boned but testosterone wasn't checked tell years later I am primary hypogonadism and cant help think it was caused from being T-boned since that's when the ED started and I had no problems before that.

1Draw

1. Genes
2. Aging
3. Lifestyle

I would rank cause of low T in that order. Found out I had low T 2 years ago after complaining to my MD's for 15 years of the symptoms. Had 2 older brothers check theirs and also my son and all 3 had low T so, its obviously IMO a genetic trait on the male side of my family.

My Dad died at 72 of colon cancer, older cousins and Uncles died of same thing at an early age. All my Aunts on my Dad's side of the family all lived to their 90's, fairly healthy and active.

Weasel

I'll never know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet its between contact sports/concussions growing up and the military.

My VA records under "immunizations" show numbers lines that just say "undisclosed formulation" I'd have to venture to believe there is a reason that it doesn't say what it actually was.

CSI007

Secondary here. 15 years after chemotherapy started having ED related issues. Tested T and it was low. I now have Thyroid, blood sugar (not full blown diabetes and testosterone issues. Chemo related? Perhaps.

I also went on a low carb diet about a year before the ED started. Maybe that set things in motion dunno. Lost 40lbs though and for the most part still eat low carb and have kept most of the weight off.

Steve Williams

I had gained weight for over 8 years, having gone from a very active lifestyle in the Army to a sedentary desk job. In 2008, my wife and I were robbed at gunpoint. I believe the trauma of the robbery and the resulting post traumatic stress precipitated my low T.

Loki

A doctor prescribed me T because I wanted it... I thought I was supplementing my natural T, not suppressing and replacing... I think at 40 a reset doesn't make sense....

Vince

Super Moderator
I had gained weight for over 8 years, having gone from a very active lifestyle in the Army to a sedentary desk job. In 2008, my wife and I were robbed at gunpoint. I believe the trauma of the robbery and the resulting post traumatic stress precipitated my low T.

Are you on any meds for post traumatic stress, that may be causing low testosterone.

Steve Williams

No meds. I am thankful to say my symptoms lasted 4 months. At the time, 6 months was the threshold for PTSD. I believe that my weight gain (60 lbs over 8 years) and reduced activity created the environment conducive to low T and the trauma pushed me over the edge. Prior to the robbery, I could lose a few pounds easily, after the robbery, I could not lose weight at all regardless of diet or exercise. I gained 40 lbs from 2008 to 2014. Since getting on TRT, I have lost that 40 lbs and I am working on losing more.

Henry

Bilateral varicoceles. I had testicle pain for 15 years but none of the many docs I visited could ever figure out the cause. They said I had prostatitis and then epididymitis. I was being treated for both for the past 15 years. Then I started having ED and fertility issues. Part of the fertility process was to check my levels and they found low t. I went to another doc and he found it also. Then I went to a urologist and he found the varicoceles and the low t reading again. After that, I started TRT and just this year, I had to varicoceles repaired.

Jinzang

"The passage of time. And all of its crimes."

Actually, I think what precipitated it was the stress of dealing with my brother's brain cancer and death along with getting laid off from a job. I thought at the time I was just dealing with the effects of stress, but the symptoms did not let up after a year, when things had settled down. Thought I could deal with the problem through diet and exercise, but after six months, I saw that wasn't working and went on the needle.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me