Vitamin D

Buy Lab Tests Online

James

Are any of you guys taking greater than 5,000 iu's of D3 per day? I take 5,000 daily and twice a week for the last few weeks have taken 10,000 daily. I really feel good with the 10,000, but that dose may be high if taken consistently. I'm testing blood on Monday. Anyone else consistently taking more than 5,000 iu per day? Thanks guys.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I have taken a daily dose 10,000iu, for 30 days on two occasions. When I started TRT and was found to have rock-bottom D values, and after a round of pneumonia, when they sank again. If I stay on 5,000 daily I maintain solid levels. Honestly, I feel no difference between the two doses. How would you describe your subjective response to 10,000?

Last edited:

James

That's good to know CoastWatcher. I'm going to take 10,000 daily for a few weeks and see how I feel. As far as subjective feeling, it's kind of tough to describe. It's more an overall feeling of Health than anything else, if that makes sense. Don't necessarily feel stronger or have more libido or sleep better when I take 10,000 iu, I just overall feel healthier. It's a nice feeling.

Vince

Super Moderator
I also took 10,000iu of D3 to get my levels in range. Now I take 6,000iu of D3, after my first meal of the day.

I took 5000iu for a 60 days and tested my values and was only pulling 64 (30-100) at last test so I increased to 10000iu but it's only been a week. I don't feel any better, or worse.

roadglide

I've been taking 10,000 daily for close to six months. on 5,000 my D level was 32, and on 10,000 it went up ten 43. Probably going to back down to 5,000 when I finish the bottle. Curious if there is a way to improve absorption.

Vince

Super Moderator
The vitamin D gelcaps sold at Walmart, Sam's Club, and Costco, as well as the Vitamin Shoppe and Carlson brands, have all proven reliable, yielding expected blood levels virtually without fail.
I take mine after breakfast.

James

Roadglide - I'm the same. I was at 20 without, and increased to 32 after taking 5,000 iu's per day. Tough to get my vit D up.

HarryCat

When I took 10,000 iu's per day my level went over the top of the reference range, >150. Scared the hell out of my doc at the time. I'm now taking 4000/day and my level is around 80, I'm probably going to cut back to 3000/day.

tapoutpdx

Hi James

I started TRT approx 3 months ago.

My first lab came back at 20 and my doc put me on 15000 iu's a day, my next lab test at about 4 weeks in, it came back at 33. He kept my dose the same.

8 weeks later my next set of labs came back at 52 and he dropped my dose to 10000 iu's a day. I believe he is trying to get me to 60-65.

Hope that helps!

Re-Ride

The vitamin D gelcaps sold at Walmart, Sam's Club, and Costco, as well as the Vitamin Shoppe and Carlson brands, have all proven reliable, yielding expected blood levels virtually without fail.
I take mine after breakfast.

No. Not correct. Oral supplementation of D3, even at 20,000 iu per day will NOT yield normal or high normal serum levels in every case regardless of brand used. I'm a testament to that fact with labs never over 42 (30-100) and it taking four years to get to that point. I'm currently doing 15k ( up from 5k starting) a day of Rx liquid plus now, a 50,000 iu Bio-Tech Parma once per week.

Vince

Super Moderator
No. Not correct. Oral supplementation of D3, even at 20,000 iu per day will NOT yield normal or high normal serum levels in every case regardless of brand used. I'm a testament to that fact with labs never over 42 (30-100) and it taking four years to get to that point. I'm currently doing 15k ( up from 5k starting) a day of Rx liquid plus now, a 50,000 iu Bio-Tech Parma once per week.
are you sure you're not using D2?

Re-Ride

Vince, It's a relatively small subset that makes little or no progress with D3 supplementation. We do exist in large enough numbers however that the condition isn't exactly rare. All the sun in the world makes no difference either. Bio Tech Pharmaceuticals is a reputable brand.

You mentioned Costo. Labdoor rates it as labeled correctly for potency. Who wants all that soybean oil though?

Re-Ride

Thanks Vince. Serum 25 OH vitamin D3 is thought to be the most reliable indicator of vitamin D status. It is however biologically inactive. It must be converted in the kidney to the hydoxylated form, calcidol (1,25 dihydroxy D ).

The metabolic pathways and utilization of "D" are complex. We don't manufacture "D" from sunlight contrary to popular thought, only 7-dihydrocholesterol which is a precursor.

[ "1,25 D may be further metabolized to the inactive 1,24,25 vitamin D by 24-hydroxylase (CYP24). 1,25 D levels are tightly regulated in a negative feedback loop. 1,25 D both inhibits renal 1-α-hydroxylase and stimulates the 24-hydroxylase enzymes, thus maintaining circulating levels within limited boundaries and preventing excessive vitamin D activity/signaling" ] C. Aranow, MD http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3166406/

Promoting bone health and calcium homeostasis are classic benefits to adequate Vit D serum levels and utilization. Immune function benefits have been gaining attention over the last decade or so.

Supplementation with D3 doesn't raise serum levels or does so at a painfully slow rate in certain individuals. It's a conundrum as to why this is.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Interesting stuff Re-Ride - It's also gotta survive stomach acid, digestive enzymes, and get absorbed through the gut wall even to get that far. It's a wonder that some of the supplements we swallow work as well as they do.

j4ever

I've been taking 10,000 daily for close to six months. on 5,000 my D level was 32, and on 10,000 it went up ten 43. Probably going to back down to 5,000 when I finish the bottle. Curious if there is a way to improve absorption.

take it with fat, I take healthy origins, which has a little olive oil added, I take 40,000iu once a week, took my level from 33 to 86.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me