Toxic chemicals in drinking water for six million Americans

Buy Lab Tests Online

PAUL-E

PFASs (for polyfluoroalkyl and perfluoroalkyl substances) – are used in products ranging from food wrappers to clothing to nonstick cookware to fire-fighting foams. They have been linked with an increased risk of kidney and testicular cancers, hormone disruption, high cholesterol, and obesity.“PFASs are a group of persistent manmade chemicals that have been in use since 60 years ago,” said lead study author Xindi Hu, a public health and engineering researcher at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston and Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Once these chemicals get into the water, they're hard to get out, Hu added by email.
“Most current wastewater treatment processes do not effectively remove PFASs,”

The study found that PFASs were detectable at the minimum reporting levels required by the EPA in 194 out of 4,864 water supplies in 33 states across the U.S.
Drinking water from 13 states accounted for 75 percent of the unsafe supply, led by California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Georgia, Minnesota, Arizona, Massachusetts, and Illinois
“So the negative effects on immune functions appear to be lasting,” Grandjean said. “Sadly, there is very little that an exposed resident can do, once the exposure has led to an increased amount of PFASs in the body.”
Toxic chemicals in drinking water for six million Americans

PFOS and PFOA are eliminated very slowly from the human body. This means concentrations of these chemicals in the body increase over time if they are continuously consumed in food or water. They have been found in human blood, urine, breast milk and babies' umbilical cord blood. These chemicals have been shown to have some effects, particularly in the liver, at low doses in animal tests. Other effects of PFOS and PFOA noted in testing on laboratory animals include benign tumours and impact on reproduction and development. Nevertheless, the scientific literature on their effects in humans does not give conclusive results.
https://www.nicnas.gov.au/communica...heets/perfluorinated-chemicals-pfcs-factsheet
Researchers find unsafe levels of industrial chemicals in drinking water of 6 million Americans

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

PAUL-E

So I read this and said WTF! our government FDA worrying about compounding pharmacy's when sh!t like this is going on.
The city I live in is in one of those states and has a 10% higher cancer rate that any other city in our state.
checked my city water safety report and it looks like they don't even check for PFASs WTF!
I'm glad I invested in a $3,000 home water filtration system now I have to check and see if it filters out that crap.
Anyone know if there's a test for this?

Last edited:

PAUL-E

I wonder who has a good recommendation for above or below sink water filters.
Nelson I called Aquasana and the whole house filters do not filter out PFASs :mad: but unofficially the reverse osmosis systems should due to the filtration process there working on finding out how much they reduce PFASs so I would suggest looking for a RO system

PAUL-E

“For many years, chemicals with unknown toxicities, such as PFASs, were allowed to be used and released to the environment, and we now have to face the severe consequences,” said lead author Xindi Hu, a doctoral student in the Department of Environmental Health at Harvard Chan School and Environmental Science and Engineering at SEAS. “In addition, the actual number of people exposed may be even higher than our study found, because government data for levels of these compounds in drinking water is lacking for almost a third of the U.S. population—about 100 million people.”

Unsafe levels of toxic chemicals found in drinking water for six million Americans

PAUL-E

I contacted the city Water department asked when the last time our water was tested for polyfluoroalkyl and perfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) was told they were unsure but it was checked from the main well raw before it was treated and the levels were "low" but not tested after filtration and there was no process for removing PFAS's from the water during their filtration process, when I mentioned having my tap water tested they asked me to share my testing results as they like to keep track of any home with any "issues" as if it would be the home and not the water supply.
I would highly recommend getting your water tested if your in blue on the map.
I'm looking into affordable water testing places and will share what I find.

MarcoFL

If you are on municipal water supply just ask them for their testing results. They are all testing for PFAS along with everything else.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me