Hematocrit: 50.7
Hemoglobin: 16.3

Started taking Vitron-C daily, 65mg elemental iron

18 Jul 2016
Ferritin: 15 (20-380)
Iron, Serum 101 (50-180)
Hematocrit: 53.8
Hemoglobin: 17.1

I donated blood today, while they say the finger stick is Hemoglobin, they stick my finger and say hemoglobin is 19.3, I say "That's Iron, correct?"...Yes. My last blood donation was Jan 2016. I'm not clear if I need to supplement (more) iron as my ferritin is very low yet my hemoglobin/hematocrit/RBC are very high or what I should do at this point.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Additionally: I've been all through Thyroid about a year ago and everything was clear/optimal, TSH has never exceeded 1.6.
I also use a cast iron skillet for cooking almost daily, and I have had stomach issues, the very commong reflux/GERD but I'm treating that with Betaine-HCL and pre/pro-biotics and most symptoms have disappeared.

maxadvance

13 May 2016
Ferritin: 13 (20-380)
Hematocrit: 50.7
Hemoglobin: 16.3

Started taking Vitron-C daily, 65mg elemental iron

18 Jul 2016
Ferritin: 15 (20-380)
Iron, Serum 101 (50-180)
Hematocrit: 53.8
Hemoglobin: 17.1

I donated blood today, while they say the finger stick is Hemoglobin, they stick my finger and say hemoglobin is 19.3, I say "That's Iron, correct?"...Yes. My last blood donation was Jan 2016. I'm not clear if I need to supplement (more) iron as my ferritin is very low yet my hemoglobin/hematocrit/RBC are very high or what I should do at this point.

Finger prick is definitely hemoglobin and is more tied in to hematocrit than anything else. If your hemoglobin was 19.3 today your hematocrit was likely 56-57. Curious what your blood pressure was today as well when they drew, as BP tends to elevate as the blood gets thicker. Hemoglobin is not your iron indicator, though iron contributes to RBC development. I too get confused with the whole Ferritin and Iron indicators and how to address them.

I was a little surprised @ 19.3, too, as my tested HCT two weeks earlier was 53, reason I knew I was due to donate, so I sat there and mulitplied it by 3 and got wide eyed at 57. That's not a rule though and I'd take the tested HCT over the multi Hgb.

maxadvance

I was a little surprised @ 19.3, too, as my tested HCT two weeks earlier was 53, reason I knew I was due to donate, so I sat there and mulitplied it by 3 and got wide eyed at 57. That's not a rule though and I'd take the tested HCT over the multi Hgb.

What was your BP, was it elevated?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching