Would my wife benefit from HRT with those numbers?

Buy Lab Tests Online

johann

My wife just got her lab test.

Testosterone 30ng/dl

Free Testosterone 1,3 pg/ml

Estradiol 41,9 pg/ml

Progesterone 2,5 ng/ml

She took the Blood test on day 1 of her period. (I think its called the Follicular phase)

And she is 47 years old.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

How old is your wife? Dr. Saya treats a reasonable number of women, perhaps he can offer some ideas. As an aside, the Mayo Clinic states the testosterone range for adult women as 15-70 ng/dl. Is this clinically sensible? I couldn't say.

Last edited:
Johann - based on her age, your wife is approaching (sooner or later) menopause, with the average age range typically 45-55 years old. However, menopause is not an event, but more of a GRADUAL process whereby the ovaries shut down their hormone production (this process can occur over the span of weeks, sometimes months, or even years).

Symptoms vary depending on the specific hormone deficiencies, by include:

- night sweats, hot flashes, vaginal dryness/painful intercourse, dry skin, dry/achy joints (estrogen)

- lower concentration, "foggy" or scatter-brained" (as women often quote), poor sleep, anxiety (progesterone, also some interplay with other hormones)

- low libido, poor arousal/sexual satisfaction, low energy, poor recovery, loss of muscle mass or difficulty maintaining/gaining muscle mass, increase in fat, low mood/depression, lack of motivation/ambition, etc (testosterone)

Hope this helps. Symptoms help guide treatment equally if not more so than the lab results.

Vince

Super Moderator
I always wonder why, some women lose their sex drive and libido after menopause. While other women it actually increases their libido and sexual pleasure.

johann

Hi dr Saya,

No this did not help:)
I know she is getting closer to menopause, and all that will kick in.

My question is with here's current hormone profile if she would benefit from some help.

Thanks
Johann

CoastWatcher

Hi dr Saya,

No this did not help:)
I know she is getting closer to menopause, and all that will kick in.

My question is with here's current hormone profile if she would benefit from some help.

Thanks
Johann

Dr. Saya mentioned that symptoms are at least as important as lab results. Perhaps, if you shared some of the issues she is dealing with, he could offer more focused thoughts.

Without knowing symptoms (or lack thereof) it's difficult to say conclusively. Based on age and current levels it is likely she would benefit. A full consult/evaluation would determine with certainty.

johann

Hard to get fat off, low mood/depression, not as powerful/motivation in the gym. According to your list of symptoms, these things are the only things she is showing signs of. The depression and low mood comes with menstruation cycles only. Is it better to start HRT now or should she wait until symptoms get worse? (after menopause starts)

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching