DHEA delivery routes; sublingual

Buy Lab Tests Online
If DHEA aromatization is a problem for a guy, even using the micronized oral delivery of up to 25-50mg daily, would the next logical step be a sublingual delivery that would go straight to the blood stream, missing the liver entirely? Is sublingual an effective delivery route?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I've been opening a 50mg capsule and cutting it up with a razor in halves and putting the powder under my tongue, leaving a little line of DHEA Powder and the razor on my counter to which my GF said, "WTF is that, are you snorting that stuff now!?"

canatct

I've been opening a 50mg capsule and cutting it up with a razor in halves and putting the powder under my tongue, leaving a little line of DHEA Powder and the razor on my counter to which my GF said, "WTF is that, are you snorting that stuff now!?"

That's hilarious!
Have you been doing it long enough to provide some feedback on how it makes you feel?

Vince

Super Moderator
I believe dhea will raise estrogen in men and testosterone in women. I also believe there's no way around it.

James

Not a lot of activity on this thread. I'd like to know too as I'm having the same issues. I think Vince said it best, it raises and E2.

Compounded from APS creams were my first indication of a E problem and I wasn't other absorbing those, my tested DHEA values didn't budge from low 200's, but my sensitive E was hitting 50s and 60s, so we (Dr Saya) switched to the oral micronized which raised my tested DHEA values to over lab ranges, but E at last test showed 72. Something is wrong.

CoastWatcher

Compounded from APS creams were my first indication of a E problem and I wasn't other absorbing those, my tested DHEA values didn't budge from low 200's, but my sensitive E was hitting 50s and 60s, so we (Dr Saya) switched to the oral micronized which raised my tested DHEA values to over lab ranges, but E at last test showed 72. Something is wrong.

Knowing a bit about your protocol it astonishes me that you posted estradiol values in excess of 70.

I dont' FEEL like PMSy though...night sweats or anything else so when these labs keep coming up 50s/60s/72, I'm baffled. I do have the inclination that my higher DHT is blunting the Estrogenic sides though.

Updated Test Results:
This method resulted in a 448 mcg/dl, so it's seems like it's an effective delivery. I hold the powder under my tongue for 20 minutes and then swallow it.
My Sensitive E decreased, from 72 to 48 (was also 24hrs post HCG 200iu, plus .125mg Anastrozole)

Last edited:

James

DHEA has really fallen out of favor with me. I'm hanging on until I get my blood drawn in a few days. I will likely discontinue. At minimum, I'll take my already low daily dose to an every-other-day schedule.

Davet

My new doc recommended I start taking DHEA to supplement my T regimen after my labs showed I was on the low side.
Went straight in at 25mg a day first thin in the morning ...within a week my wood had gone...so I rapidly tapered back down to 6mg quarter of a tab which because of the crumbly nature of the tabs dissolves rapidly before I swallow. Now I run this daily and my wood is back.:)
So the 25mg of DHEA was definitely converting to E which proved to much for my low dose arimidex.
After the tweaking all is good again.
I have read it can take up to 3 months for your DHEA to stabilize....not sure how concrete that info is though....

Last edited by a moderator:

James

Davet - good to hear you got things balanced. I was able to draw blood today, so tonight is the 1st night in a while that I won't be talking DHEA. Continued health...

I didn't see this question previously. Yes, sublingual is a viable delivery option for DHEA and the pharmacy can make customized DHEA troches for this purpose. The caveat is sublingual DHEA is "in and out" of the system more quickly than oral so twice daily dosing is preferred with sublingual.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me