Bloodwork: hoping to "restart" system, 276 ng/dl @ age 31

Buy Lab Tests Online
Well long story short, had a vericocele that I had treated 8 months ago which I had hoped would cure our fertility issues. It raised my sperm count but not enough.

Before spending the $ on IVF, I decided to get my labs done again here are the results:

TOTAL TESTOSTERONE 276 ng/dL Range: 250 - 1100 ng/dL
FREE TESTOSTERONE 45.6 pg/mL Range: 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL
PROLACTIN 8.6 ng/mL Range: 2.2 - 14 ng/mL
LH 2.5 mIU/mL Range: 1.7 - 8.6 mIU/mL
FSH 11.4 mIU/mL Range: 1.5 - 12.4 mIU/mL

I do have a history of AAS usage (2 cycles 10 years ago, as well as 8 years of prohormones on and off), as well as (asymptomatic) Hashimotos thyroiditis.

I just want to know if I may be a good candidate for hCG to get my system working properly again. My regular Dr wants to charge me for "fertility issues" even though this is a system wide problem so I will likely be contacting Defy on Monday.

This is the article that got me interested in HCG after vericocele surgery:

"Human chorionic gonadotropin adjuvant therapy for patients with Leydig cell dysfunction after varicocelectomy.

Abstract
The authors treated 135 men who underwent varicocelectomy, but had sustained Leydig cell dysfunction disclosed by LHRH test with human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). hCG was administered for 10 weeks: 50,000 units were given in 10 divided doses intramuscularly. Semen analysis and measurement of serum hormone level were obtained 8 weeks after the completion of treatment, and every 3 months after that. All patients were followed up for 2 years to confirm pregnancy. Fifty-five percent of patients achieved pregnancy and they showed significant increase in sperm density, percentage of sperm motility, normal form sperm, and serum testosterone level. It is recommended that hCG be administered to patients who undergo varicocelectomy but have persistent subtle Leydig cell dysfunction disclosed by LHRH test to stimulate the intratesticular testosterone production."

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. A restart attempt at your age is certainly an idea worth pursuing. One of the keys to the success of such a protocol is your choice of Doctor - select someone with experience. Defy would be a fine choice. Keep us posted.

Thank you,

I pled my case to my GP about why the Endocrinologist appointment should be covered like any other medical apt, but the fact that him, nor my Urologist had never heard of using hCG for this purpose worry me about their knowledge level on the subject. Them not taking my Hashimotos into consideration at all is another cause for concern.

Who knows maybe they will cover the cost of the appointment, and the endocrinologist will be on a different level but this is getting frustrating at this point.

Thank you,

I pled my case to my GP about why the Endocrinologist appointment should be covered like any other medical apt, but the fact that him, nor my Urologist had never heard of using hCG for this purpose worry me about their knowledge level on the subject. Them not taking my Hashimotos into consideration at all is another cause for concern.

Who knows maybe they will cover the cost of the appointment, and the endocrinologist will be on a different level but this is getting frustrating at this point.

Why prolong the misery...to save some chump change? Quit wasting your time, go to Defy, and get some quality help.

Limited budget gentlemen. I have great insurance as long as it is not "Fertility related."

But I agree, using the subject matter experts at Defy will likely be the correct way to go, I just cant break the bank in doing so.

May as well post my past test results as well. Would this be considered a big drop over 3 years?

graph.jpg

Called Defy, blood work and physical done. Waiting on our consultation.

Had some interesting blood work though. My test levels are actually up

TOTAL TESTOSTERONE 431 ng/dL 250 - 1100 ng/dL
FREE TESTOSTERONE 74.0 pg/mL 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL

And I had some out of range flags on the following tests:

RBC 5.78 10*6 4.20 - 5.60 10*6 H
HEMOGLOBIN 18.0 GM/DL 13.2 - 17.4 GM/DL H
HEMATOCRIT 53 % 38 - 50 % H
BILIRUBIN,TOTAL 1.2 mg/dL 0.2 - 1.1 mg/dL H

Any idea why those could be high?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors