Lowest weekly Test dosage on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

lcvl

Hi everybody,

What's the lowest weekly Test dosage you've tried/seen/read about/prescribed (in case you're a doctor) to get the full benefits of TRT?

I've seen people mentioning some doctors prescribing Test as low as 75mg a week and getting good results (TT in the 800s and above).

PS. I know this is a very generic question. Everybody responds differently to TRT, even on the same exact protocol, but still, I thought this would be an interesting topic, to see how low some people can get, still reaping the benefits of TRT.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

PAUL-E

I will give you a general answer
I would base the dose and frequency off of your SHBG levels
lower SHBG guys do better with lower more frequent doses
for mid or "normal" SHBG levels I would still suggest 2x a week every 3 1/2 days example Monday morning Thursday afternoon.
some members inject ED I believe around 14MG and some as low as 50mg 2x a week
another thing to consider is HCG and if your primary or secondary hypogonadism.

Last edited:

lcvl

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough. I don't need advice on my protocol. Quite satisfied with how my TRT has been going during the past year. Just wondering about how little Test a high responder might need to get in the 800s.

davidrn

I used 10mg a day when I injected daily, have low normal SHBG, this gave me TT in high 800's. When i shifted to 3 x week, went up to 100mg a week for same TT result

new_man

I inject 16mg a day, every day. Total testosterone is in the mid-900s.
16 mg of cypionate and not 16 mg of testosterone since that is not the same?
Btw: How did you test the mid-900 when you inject every day? Do u inject SQ in the morning or evening? (Im just wondering)

I guess that most users in here are using testosterone as a synonym for cypionate?

new_man

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough. I don't need advice on my protocol. Quite satisfied with how my TRT has been going during the past year. Just wondering about how little Test a high responder might need to get in the 800s.
I met someone in this forum who doesn't need more than 60 mg per week. One injection per week because of his high SHBG. I believe that the range is from 50 - 320 mg of cypionate/enanthate for 99% of the people. ( I believe, so it is pure speculation out of my experience of reading a few books)

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have seen some great responders get their total T to 800 ng/dL with 75 mg/week of testosterone cypionate. But they are rare.

canatct

My last labs on 24mg Test cypionate IM eod along with small daily dose HCG had my total T at 955. Free T and E2 looked great too. But they're just numbers. I never felt that great.

new_man

My last labs on 24mg Test cypionate IM eod along with small daily dose HCG had my total T at 955. Free T and E2 looked great too. But they're just numbers. I never felt that great.
Why are you doing it IM when u do it EOD? How much HCG exactly?

---------
A little off topic:
When we compare values.. shouldn't we consider weight, height, fitness (more fat or more muscles) and age too? I think that weight is a very important factor but I never read about it. I believe that a man with 200 pounds weight needs in average a certain amount (%) more of testosterone than a man with 100 pounds. I would like to read more about the influence of those factors...

canatct

Subq just doesn't work for me. I tried it for 2 months.
HCG was 120 units ed and it was subq.
I've been off trt now for 2 months now but if I go back it'll be IM EOD again, and it will be even less test cyp.

new_man

Subq just doesn't work for me. I tried it for 2 months.
HCG was 120 units ed and it was subq.
I've been off trt now for 2 months now but if I go back it'll be IM EOD again, and it will be even less test cyp.
Can you explain why it didn't work?
Fore some people 120 ui arent enough. Did you try other amounts too with your doc?
Let me guess, you went off TRT because you didn't feel so good? Wasn't it very bad for you to get off? (I guess there was a reason why you started TRT). I try to make a good picture!

lcvl

I think it would be better to create a new thread if you want to keep discussing a different topic than the original one. :)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me