NOW Sports Nutrition

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
For my sports and weigh training supplementation I like NOW Sports Products.

All of their products are pharmacy grade which means the ingredients are pure and include many of the most cutting edge trademark and patented ingredients.

Their safety and QC testing may be the best in the industry. NOW's has recently renovated and expanded their labs to feature state of the art testing equipment including high performance liquid chromatographs, a new Fourier transform infrared spectrophotometer and an ultraviolet/ visible spectormeter.

Primary analyses are also performed in house using Gas Chromatography and Gas Chromatography Mass Sectorscopy.

There line of amino acids is second to none in my personal opinion.

If you are looking for pure quality, pharmacy grade sports supplementation I don't think you will be disappointed with NOW Sport Nutrition.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

robs2nd75

Agreed Gene! I've never had an issue with any of their products. I seem to recall Costco brand products receiving a high rating when an independent analysis was done on multi's a few years back.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Agreed Gene! I've never had an issue with any of their products. I seem to recall Costco brand products receiving a high rating when an independent analysis was done on multi's a few years back.

They also private label much of their product as well Rob.

One won't know it because it under a different brand name for another company; but it's NOW Sports who made the product.

I am a believer in pharmacy grade product when you can get it. It's standardized and pure so you know almost 100% of what it is you are taking!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
ConsumerLabs.org is the only place I know where you can see data on supplement tests. Costco brands have failed several times. Too bad you need a subscription and they forbid you from quoting their data in outside sites, otherwise I would

robs2nd75

Really??? A few years back there was a big controversy about centrum, I believe. The independent recommendation suggested that Costco was one of the better ones out there, at least for a multi-vitamin. (I will have to see if I can find a link). I've also used the multi you suggested from walgreens Nelson and thought it was quite good.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I take

Twice a day:

Zinc/copper
B-100 complex
NAC

Once a day:

Carnitine
Coenzyme Q-10
Vitamin D

As needed:

Digestive enzymes
probiotics

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I suggest that everyone checks consumerlabs.org before buying supplements. Their library is not huge but they have basic tests on most supplement companies. But you have to subscribe to their service.

Jeffrey Becker

Ha, well I was thinking more like consumerlabs should. Regular blood work should tell one something about the quality and consistency of product one is taking. Although that can add up after a while, and things get a little more complex when stacking HCG which will also be driving T levels up. With the degree of price competition that exists I wonder how a business makes money, must be on volume. Its good that big pharma has the competition. I know I would rather spend money with the smaller businesses. And back on topic Now has always been a favorite brand and a good price.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hopefully our friend and member Shaun Noorian can add his thoughts about testing compounded products since he owns a great compounding pharmacy in Houston.

Re-Ride

I take

Twice a day:

Zinc/copper
B-100 complex
NAC

Once a day:

Carnitine
Coenzyme Q-10
Vitamin D

As needed:

Digestive enzymes
probiotics

I assume you are taking NAC to boost glutatione and for liver de-tox. Are you tablets coated with an adhesive to stick them to the wall of the upper small intestine?

Jarrow NAC SUSTAIN employs a biomucoadhesasnt which is a fancy term for a gummy plastic acrylic. They claim that regular NAC is gone from the body in an hour yet their SUSTAIN product is designed with this plastic glue to stick it to your gut and slowly release over three hours, which is the time required "for production of GSH (glutathione) and the Phase I detoxification pathway of the liver".

Others who are rushing to check the labels on their NAC should look for an ingredient called "Carbopol" or "carbomer homopolymer" or "carboxypolymethylene".

What's your opinion on need for sustained released of NAC Nelson? Since Sustain is twice the price of regular NAC perhaps we should buy a powder and sip it throughout the day?

Another caution I've read on NAC is that it creates a compound that fools the body in to believing that a state of hypoxia exists. This in turn causes the body to raise blood pressure.

One reviewer put it this way:
"I started to feel anxious, constricted... doc said my blood pressure is high. Never had high blood pressure before...am 40 yrs and healthy. I later (read a warning from) the University of Virginia Health System:

"research has demonstrated that NAC can cause the body to believe that it is experiencing hypoxia by forming a molecule that signals the blood vessels are low on oxygen. The body responds by increasing pulmonary blood pressure, which then causes the heart to swell. "

NAC is a swell supplement but should I really take it?

If the answer is still YES
perhaps we can roll regular caps in a mouse sticky trap. I'm fairly certain they'd stick to my gut as well or better than Sustain.

Re-Ride

You can see free lab results on mutivitamins at labdoor.com. NOW products do very well and are highly rated.

The 64 week study and the progress of one Now voyager in particular, before and after:

Attachments

• nowVoyager_bettyDavis.jpg
    nowVoyager_bettyDavis.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 844
  • betteOnEdge.jpg
    betteOnEdge.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 833
  • now-voyager-7.jpg
    now-voyager-7.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 843
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors