Just heard of MSM sulfer. Any thoughts?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JPB

It helped me with joint pain but I believed it caused other problems. It's a very efficient supplier of sulfur to the body and if you get too much of it, the sulfur which shares metabolic transport mechanisms and pathways with other important minerals, can lead to problems when other glands do not get enough of those other minerals. I experienced symptoms (i.e. depression) of hypothyroidism and hypogonadism after taking large dosage of MSM for several months. By large dosages I mean 4-5 grams which is what is typically advised as the maximum safe dose. I've taken it in smaller dosage since but still got some symptoms to it so maybe I've developed a sensitivity somehow.

Vince

Super Moderator
[h=2]What Sulfur Does[/b]Sulfur enables the transport of oxygen across cell membranes, and oxygen is necessary for healthy cellular regeneration in mammals. Plants, on the other hand, require carbon dioxide for cell regeneration, and plants can store sulfur, while man cannot. Man eliminates carbon dioxide, and plants eliminate oxygen. Thus, the sulfur cycle is symbiotic and vital for life as we know it.
When many health professionals are asked about sulfur, they state as if reading from a cue card, "We get all the sulfur we need from the food we eat." That was true until man decided to change the way we grow our food and what we feed our crops.
In 1920, Otto Warburg began his study of cancer in both plants and man, for which he received a Nobel Prize in 1931. He proved that cancer in man is anaerobic. Anaerobic, by definition, is cellular metabolism without oxygen. "Cancer" in plants is linked to too much intracellular oxygen, or aerobic metabolism. The use of a gas we are intended to eliminate for cellular regeneration is not a healthy program for plants or man.
read more at - http://www.naturodoc.com/sulfurstudy.htm

Vince

Super Moderator
The clinical use of sulfur as an adjunct in our diet is becoming progressively more recognized as an important tool for optimizing health.
Certainly, diet is the primary tool for reducing your risk for chronic degenerative diseases. But the practical question becomes, how do you obtain the needed sulfur from food grown in depleted soils?
The nutrient MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is a naturally occurring sulfur compound found in all vertebrates, including humans. MSM is already well-known for its joint health benefits, but it may be important for a whole host of other reasons as well.
Rod Benjamin is the director of technical development for Bergstrom Nutrition, the largest producer of the highest quality MSM that is produced by distillation purification.
MSM is a metabolite of DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide, an organosulfur compound), but DMSO is approved for use in veterinary medicine only, not in humans.
there's more - http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20130303

OMI100

Started out at 1 gram AM and PM.
Have a knee that acts up when I go up or down stairs.
Seems to be handling the stares a lot better now. Don't know if it is all in my head:)
I will start 2 grams AM and PM tomorrow, for a month, and I will go out of my way to take some stairs and see if my knee gets better over another month.
Supplement "crash test dummy" signing out:)
BTW I have a co-worker who has a really hosed up knee and I told him about MSM and he is trying it out. Now he is the REAL test. If his knee improves that will be a slam dunk that it works for at least that.

OMI100

Started out at 1 gram AM and PM.
Have a knee that acts up when I go up or down stairs.
Seems to be handling the stares a lot better now. Don't know if it is all in my head:)
I will start 2 grams AM and PM tomorrow, for a month, and I will go out of my way to take some stairs and see if my knee gets better over another month.
Supplement "crash test dummy" signing out:)
BTW I have a co-worker who has a really hosed up knee and I told him about MSM and he is trying it out. Now he is the REAL test. If his knee improves that will be a slam dunk that it works for at least that.
My knee no longer bothers me at night.
My co-worker has seen a significant improvement with his leg and knee. Some discomfort but no where near where it was at. He is still taking it and I will update as time goes on.

txmx

Somewhere I came across MSM and DMSO being used to increase absorption of testosterone cream. The person using DMSO said he dropped his T cream requirement by 75 percent since the absorption increased so much. It did make me wonder why these have not been discussed before.

OMI100

Last edited:

txmx

Has anyone tried either of these personally to increase T cream absorption? I don't think any providers or pharmacies have ever mentioned them.

OMI100

Hmmmmm
The DMSO would most likely move T into the body quicker and faster.
It could also move some of the ingredients in the cream into the body also.
The article stressed the need to know what you are mixing the DMSO with.
Body odor may be one drawback.
Using it with T cream would reeeeeealy be an off label use:)
Do not think you will find a DR or Pharmacist making that recommendation:)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me