"Leftover Medications" after switching to Defy, your thoughts?

Buy Lab Tests Online
For a number of reasons, I switched my current care over from a clinic in Missouri to Defy Medical. Dr. Crisler said I was on a pretty good protocol just tweaked it a bit and added a few things. For instance, I went from one intramuscular injection of 1cc of 200/mg test cyp per week to .5cc of 200/mg test-cyp in grape seed oil sub q twice a week. Also has me taking .25mg of anastrozole mixed with DIM on shot days. Lastly changed my 500 i/u of HCG twice a week to 100 i/u of HCG daily.

I look forward to getting this dialed in but here is my question. I have some test/hcg/anastrozole left over from my 10 week supply from my prior clinic. The HCG has not been mixed yet (5000 i/u), the anastrozole is by itself (not mixed with DIM in a capsule) and the Test-cyp is pre-loaded in syringes (I have 5 of them).

Should I just throw the 'old' stuff out and start with Defy's medicine, or should I use up what I have to make everything last longer and save me some money? I don't think the HCG will be a problem but the Test-Cyp is pre loaded and the anastrozole is not mixed.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fireproof

Yeah - I would keep the HCG since it's not mixed. Whenever I received HCG from Defy - I got one 5,000 IU vial and one 6,000 IU vial. Instead of getting a new 11,000 - tell them you have unused / unmixed 5,000 IU, and see if they'll just prescribe 6,000 initially. That'll save you a bit of money. Not a ton, but money is money, right?

And I'm with you - I'd throw out the preloaded syringes. Not only are you moving to half those doses, but those needles are likely much larger than you'll be using for SubQ.

And on the Anastrozole - same - I'd toss it, and get the Anastrozole/DIM compounded caps and start fresh. (Of course - if money is tight - you could see if you can just start with DIM-only caps and use existing Ana.

Superman

use up what you have first but order at the frequency as if you started fresh with theirs imo. you never know when you may need it. defy has shipped my meds to the wrong address before so shit happens.

You paid for it and it's not otherwise expired, you should absolutely use it, according to your new protocols. Mp reason at all to waste it.

MG123

I would definitely keep it and use it, but go ahead and get the testosterone from Defy so that way, if you refill on time every time, you will always still have quite a bit of testosterone left. This way you never have to worry about running out.

The thing is, I've already got the 'old' meds and in hand and just received Defy's as well. So i'm not necessarily saving any money currently but will in the future because if I use the 'old' meds first I can push out the refills from Defy longer.

The HCG is a no brainier I guess since its not mixed. The bigger question is the test-cyp. I have 5 pre-loaded syringes of 1ml each. However, they are are in big long needles for intramuscular. Dr. Chrisler wants me to go to sub q. So how could I use that pre loaded T? Still do IM and just use half of it and toss the other half? Empty it into some type container and re load into sub q needles? thoughts?

chrismez

Not sure what your dosage is but just back fill some insulin syringes with your old t and use those first. I wouldn't toss any of it...It lasts quite awhile

PAUL-E

Not sure what your dosage is but just back fill some insulin syringes with your old t and use those first. I wouldn't toss any of it...It lasts quite awhile
good idea surprised I didn't think of this as I back load myself just be careful to maintain sterility

If you only have 5 pre-loads I would just toss them and switch to the multi-dosed vial you just received. Pre-loaded syringes are going to become obsolete after evidence shows that sterility is not well preserved, in addition to the rubber stopper degrading within the medication after sitting (causing further contamination). I stopped using pre-loads once this became evident, and most pharmacies are discontinuing due to FDA pressure.

For subQ to work well its best to use a compounded testosterone suspended in grapeseed oil. Most experienced compounders (Empower and APS) use less preservative and less viscous oil which allows for easier sc administration with reduced irritation.

One thing to always remember when it comes to testosterone. It is a controlled substance so before throwing any out always be sure you can obtain a refill first. If your try to refill too early the pharmacy will deny it and make you wait until your previous prescription was supposed to run out. In your case, this is irrelevant as you already received your next refill. This is something to keep in mind for the future.

Personally I would keep the HCG since its still in lyophilized form (shelf life will preserve). You can use it up and order less at your next refill, therefore saving money. I prefer to keep an extra on hand for traveling etc. I have lost or broken HCG bottles before. The anastrozol should also be okay to keep as you may need it for emergency. The capsule/tablet form will not go "bad".

Last edited:

James

in addition to the rubber stopper degrading within the medication after sitting (causing further contamination).

Jasen, what's the approximate time on this? I have to imagine the plastic in quality syringes is pretty unreactive, but how long would it take to have leaching be a problem?

UPDATE: So I decided to back load my sub q syringes using my pre loaded IM syringes. Either I am completely crazy or I am missing something because my pre loaded syringes were filled to the 1ml mark, when I back load into the smaller Sub Q syringes, re insert the plunger and remove the air I only have .5ml of oil??? I know i lost a little through the needle when the air pushed it out but not .5ml worth! Maybe I'm missing something here but my wife stood beside me when I did the second one and she saw the same thing, am I crazy?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me