DHEA - Low Dose Surprising Results

Buy Lab Tests Online

James

Hey guys - I've been experimenting with DHEA and started taking 25mg of ultra micronized DHEA about 3 weeks ago. I took it at night because it felt like I was taking a sleeping pill. This stuff made me very sleepy. I also lost my morning erections, immediately after starting this protocol. I then went to 12.5 mg for about 2 weeks. The tired feeling let up a bit and I felt calm and could focus much better than when on 25mg. Also, I started to develop a 'soft' morning erection. As if it wasn't quite there, but wanted to be. If that makes sense. Just a couple days ago, I cut that dose in half and I'm now taking only 6mg per day. I woke up to a solid morning erection for the first time since starting DHEA. As long as it continues to help with stress, I think I'm going to remain at this low dosage until I can check my blood levels again (and possibly go back to 12.5 if needed). I'm kind of happy that whatever I take, I seem to notice better results with each decrease in dose. I'm wondering if, like TRT, this low dose will be enough to shut down my own production yet not enough to stimulate anything new. I guess I don't know and won't know until after I do blood. I think I feel slightly better at 6mg than on 12.5 mg, and way better than 25mg.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Right you need bloods, bloods would have been helpful in the beginning to see where you started as not every guy needs to supplement DHEA.

canatct

My DHEA tested low on my last labs. I purchased the 25mg ultra micronized dhea tablets. I can't tolerate more than 1/4 tablet at a time. If I take it at night I sleep great, but always have e2 symptoms the next day... very soft wood, moody, puffy face. I'm currently off trt so dhea is the only thing I'm taking. My labs after a couple months off trt showed my sensitive e2 at 18.1.
It's hard to believe that 6ish mg of dhea could cause high e2 symptoms but it does. I tried 2 other brands before the ultra micronized but they were capsules and I couldn't handle 25mg at one time. My labs prove I'm low so I need to supplement. I'm kinda at a loss here. Do I keep taking the DHEA and add in Anastrozole to control e2?

I may be headed in the same direction with DHEA and estrogen, mine since I started using oral micronized capsules my E has been inexplicably high (as well as tested DHEA-S values). I was using a 25/25 Pregnenolone and DHEA capsule so I stopped that and am taking DHEA 25mg separately now. This was very effective at raising my DHEA-S to over lab range so I'm not convinced its the DHEA that is aromatizing, so I dropped the Pregnenolone altogether. I'll test in a couple of weeks and see which one was aromatizing. Id like to keep taking DHEA as I've been low.

I think the only other option is subligual delivery of DHEA. I think it's the pass thru the liver where the aromatase comes in to play though micronized I thought is supposed to be less susceptible to aromatase.

James

My DHEA tested low on my last labs. I purchased the 25mg ultra micronized dhea tablets. I can't tolerate more than 1/4 tablet at a time. If I take it at night I sleep great, but always have e2 symptoms the next day... very soft wood, moody, puffy face. I'm currently off trt so dhea is the only thing I'm taking. My labs after a couple months off trt showed my sensitive e2 at 18.1.
It's hard to believe that 6ish mg of dhea could cause high e2 symptoms but it does. I tried 2 other brands before the ultra micronized but they were capsules and I couldn't handle 25mg at one time. My labs prove I'm low so I need to supplement. I'm kinda at a loss here. Do I keep taking the DHEA and add in Anastrozole to control e2?

Me as well...makes me sleepy, soft wood, puffy face, etc. Yet I was low on DHEA. It's been almost 6 weeks for me and I'm close to dropping the 6-ish mg of DHEA too. I don't necessarily feel bad on it, just felt overall better without it, even though my levels were low. I guess after 6 weeks blood should be done on both DHEA and E2, but regardless of those numbers, it doesn't pass the 'feel test' when compared to how I felt without it. It has its benefits though. I think I can think clearer, but big picture, I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping it soon.

James

I'm kinda at a loss here. Do I keep taking the DHEA and add in Anastrozole to control e2

Vince & Gene - what do you think of canatct's question? I'm not sure, does Adex prevent aromatization to E2 caused by the DHEA he's taking, or does the E2 increase from DHEA come from the testicles (like HCG), resulting in Adex not being as effective?

Vince & Gene - what do you think of canatct's question? I'm not sure, does Adex prevent aromatization to E2 caused by the DHEA he's taking, or does the E2 increase from DHEA come from the testicles (like HCG), resulting in Adex not being as effective?

I think that that's less likely a scenario here. The aromatization of DHEA more likely occurs through the liver. If' I'm not mistaken but I'm pretty sure that that's correct. The micronized delivery is supposed to pass through versus a nonmicronized DHEA orally delivered.

James

It's been some time now that I've been off DHEA and I have noticed a few things. Mainly, I'm feeling better without it. Although the 6mg per day was better than the 25mg or 12mg, I still felt off while on it. I'm so much more calm now. Looking back, I was kind of a horses ass while taking DHEA. My wife noticed and I argued with her a little more than I normally would. My morning erections are back (for a 44 year old guy who lost morning wood at about 32 years old...morning erections are one of the best parts of TRT, in my shallow opinion)! Here's what's crazy though. Although my symptoms looked to others, and felt to me, like high E2...my sensative E2 test and non sensitive test (occasionally I'll pay for both), we're at or very slightly below what they normally would be. So I had the E2 symptoms, without the E2 numbers. Bottom line, I'll deal with low/normal DHEA, as supplementing with, even a high-quality low dose, was not a good experience for me.

I've been off DHEA for 3 weeks now and I'm just fine with out it. Time will tell, last week I switched from EOD to daily Cyp injections so I have that variable in play right now but yeah I'm doing just fine, feel a bit better, maybe as you put it a "horses ass" but I did indeed have high E so that was the basis in eliminating DHEA.

Blackhawk

Seems sensitive E2 of 18 would produce LOW E symptoms if anything.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me