56 just started TRT 3 wks ago.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Randy1776

Greetings to everyone.
Just started with Defy 4 weeks ago.
Free and Total testosterone was 226.
Still waiting for things to kick in.
On an AI, Testosterone .35 & HCG 400 every 3.5 days. Also injectable B vitamin.
I did notice elevated mood and libido after two weeks but it seems to have tapered off.
Not sure if i should call in or just wait it out for my new labs in 3 months.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MG123

Three weeks is definitely too soon to know anything yet. Give it at least six weeks to allow everything to settle in.

CoastWatcher

Greetings to everyone.
I did notice elevated mood and libido after two weeks but it seems to have tapered off.

Welcome to Excelmale. At the three week mark your system is still adjusting to the significant changes TRT involves; it takes at least four weeks before serum levels are stable enough to measure (my doctor holds out for six, but you get the idea).

Last edited:

captq

Randy I started at the same level you are at in early 50's and luckily the nurse who originally gave me my injections gave me some good advice
Relax and let this evolve slowly and it was a year before I settled on the best combination for me and I was careful to introduce variables one at a time including vitamins etc
Lots of great advice on this forum results will come just be patient

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Greetings to everyone.

Randy, welcome to EM! Can you clarify the Total and Free Test values? Those are two independent labs, which should have their own respective values? I would suspect your Total Test is the 226 (ng/dl), free test is probably falling 1% to 3% thereof? Was there an elevation in E2? Thanks

Randy1776

Hi, just saw your question. Free test on 5/24/16 was 8.3.
However i was just about to update my status. A week or so later i had a huge burst in well being and libido. I thought i was finally ok. Three days later it came crashing down. No libido to speak of and not feeling to great. Did bloodwork at labcorp again 8/12/16 test tot & free 1277. Free test 30.4.
DHEA 117
TSH. 4.2
Estradiol sen 18.7
Progestesrone.5
With that high test i thought i would be humping the walls. But it's zero.
Feel tired and in a daze.
Don't have a consult till Aug 29th.

Randy1776

Thanks paul-e. My estradiol on 5/24/16 (before hrt) was 21.5. It did go down slightly on the AI. I thought by the previous comments it may have dropped bue to the AI but my symptoms seemer to go more to high E-2.
I read that
T follows E, and came to that conclusion and kept taking the AI. Wrong!
Just don't know if E of 18.6 is the root of my problem. But i am going to cut the AI.
My DHEA went from 370.4 in May (before starting hrt) to 117.4 in Aug. Progesterone of .5 is on the low side of the range of 0.2 -1.4 and TSH went up from 3.870 to 4.200. I'm reading that lower DHEA can be caused from physical and or mental stressors.

Randy1776

I will have to look at report on t3 t4 but i was told i was within range and it wasn't an issue. I did ask because the t3 was closer to the high end range.

Randy1776

ERO, unfortunately none of my current labs included SHBG. I did talk the nurse about my symptoms and just as most here have suggested, she said discontinue the AI until the next visit. So that's the plan for now to see if that gets things back in line. It's a work in progress.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me