SAM-E has been a huge help for my joint & tendon soreness

Buy Lab Tests Online

ERO

Now this is just my anecdotal experience, but about 5 weeks ago I started taking 1600 m of SAM-E a day (800 morning, 800 evening). I started taking it for reasons unrelated to joint and tendon pain, so this effect was a surprise. I am 51 and I notice that when I train hard its my tendons and joints that get sore more so than my muscles. I began to wish that there was a legal source of Nandrolone available so I could take just a small weekly dose due its known ability to help eliminate joint and tendon pain.

Long story short, without changing my workout routine or diet or sleep, I now no longer have lingering tendon/joint pain after my workouts and I no longer have to skip an arm workout at times because my triceps tendons are sore and I don't wish to risk a debilitating injury. I have read many articles and studies showing that SAM-E is great for arthritis pain so this fits with the known benefits.

FWIW - Just wanted to share in case it can help anyone else.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

PAUL-E

Thanks for sharing I have never heard of SAM-E, nandrolone has been a big help for me in that department but its good people have alternatives.

ERO

My mood is very good. No real help on energy though - that is what got me started on it - the idea that it might help with my energy levels, which are always low.

Jay

ERO,

Dealing with a lot of tendon pain in elbow (golfers elbow and tennis elbow) I am willing to try anything at this point. (had surgery on one arm 4 weeks ago)
1 - What brand do you get ERO?
2 - I read that 400 mg (200mg morning 200 eve) is the recommended dosage. Why is your dosage so high?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
These are the doses used for osteoarthritis. No studies on joint and tendon soreness per se.

http://pmmp.cnki.net/Resources/CDDPdf/evd\base\Journal of Family Practice\系统评价\jfp20025105425.pdf

SAMe osteoarthritis.jpg

ERO

ERO,

Dealing with a lot of tendon pain in elbow (golfers elbow and tennis elbow) I am willing to try anything at this point. (had surgery on one arm 4 weeks ago)
1 - What brand do you get ERO?
2 - I read that 400 mg (200mg morning 200 eve) is the recommended dosage. Why is your dosage so high?

Jay-

I have been using the Now Foods brand 400 mg and after reading about dosing in many different articles there general consensus is that 200 mg AM and 200 mg PM is considered a general starting dose, but for liver health and arthritis larger doses like 1200 mg/day or 1600 mg/day are often needed to get relief. I had tried SAM-E in the past at 200 mg twice a day and noticed nothing so I figured this time I wanted to give it a true test by going higher and sticking with it for a full 6-8 weeks before I decided if I was wasting money or if it was helping in any way.

I had hoped it would help my energy which has been low on TRT even with thyroid support and working with a top TRT doc. So far it has not helped with that, but I have noticed that it makes for an overall 'good mood' feeling and now the huge help it has provided for tendon and joint pain.

It is expensive, but definitely worth it if it works for you. Here is another great article on SAM-E.

ERO

It is expensive so I will soon try dropping to a lower dose with the hope that it still works for tendon/joint pain. I am going to go one more week at the current level.

Jay

Thx for the info ERO.

When you drop your dosage and still see benefits, can you post on this thread?

I just bought some from Amazon (Jarrow brand) https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formu...0013OVW0O/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I read that the pill needs to be "foil-protected 200 mg-capsules since it tends to lose its effectiveness when exposed to air." (Nelson) It looks like the brand you buy is just in a bottle?

torrential
Are you taking it as well? Any benefits?

ERO

I was concerned about that as well and my next buy I am going to get the foil-packed SAM-E. Though what I have seems to be working very well. Considering I started taking it for increased energy, but found it resolved my joint pain instead (a totally unexpected benefit for me), I doubt it is a placebo effect.

I will indeed update this thread in a couple of weeks and I hope you find relief with it as well!

Vince

Super Moderator
Costco sells Nature Made brand, 60 tabs x 400mg, for about $30 on sale. It's considered to be a high quality SAM-E.

I've been told by my health provider, not to use Nature Made products. Her patients have had, bad results with Nature Made brand.

Last edited:
I've been told by my health provider, not to use Nature Made products. Her patients have had, bad results with Nature Made brand.

Over on Phoenix Rising folks love it. And those people tend to have the most serious long term health issues and pretty good heads for science. I don't have a dog in this fight but I wouldn't toss out this product so quickly.

Vince

Super Moderator
Over on Phoenix Rising folks love it. And those people tend to have the most serious long term health issues and pretty good heads for science. I don't have a dog in this fight but I wouldn't toss out this product so quickly.

My doctor checks her patience levels, through Cleveland Heart Clinic labs. http://www.clevelandheartlab.com/company/about-us/
But if you like Nature Made and it works for you, you should use it.

Fireproof

Back when I had some tendon/ligament issues, I tried the following:
- glucosamine/chondroiton - seemed to help a little bit
- SAMe - didn't notice any benefits - BUT I was taking a low dose. Nowhere near EROs - so I'm curious about trying it again at higher dosage. I have a nagging golfer's elbow issue I would like to strengthen/heal
- Cissus Quadrangularis - seemed to help a little bit, but I also changed my training at the time and went MUCH lighter weight, so that may have contributed vs. the supplement

Anyway - good discussion guys.

Fireproof

ERO, interesting post. I'm just wondering what is the cost, for the amount of sam-e that you are using.

For the Jarrow brand that was linked - it's $20 for 60 caps. So that would last about 7.5 days if you take 8 per day (4 in the AM and 4 in the PM).

So roughly $80/month.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching