average total, high free T

Buy Lab Tests Online

waltkowalski

After being on Androgel for two weeks (3 pumps per day)

I got my total T and free T tested at labcorp

Total T 578 range 348 - 1197

Free T 27.2 range 6.6 - 18.1

I have been feeling somewhat better, noticing spontaneus wood

on occasion. Still tired more than I should be.

Any idea why total is somewhat middling while free seems high?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Guys with lower SHBG typically have high Free T levels at almost any Total T level. It would be good to see sensitive E2, SHBG and thyroid as well to really help see what is going on.

Also, at 3 weeks in your body is still adjusting. Most TRT docs recommend waiting 4-6 weeks before evaluating any change in protocol - or in our case, your first protocol.

PAUL-E

2 week is too early for feedback as things are probably still changing, if I remember right did we recommend looking into your thyroid more?

waltkowalski

will hang on, and wait. Hard not to be impatient.

without looking at my labs what are the tests
for thyroid? I think my provider said he thought my thyroid was ok.

will hang on, and wait. Hard not to be impatient.

without looking at my labs what are the tests
for thyroid? I think my provider said he thought my thyroid was ok.
He probably pulled TSH, or Thyroid Stim Hormone and called it good enough for a Thyroid eval. Find that test result for us.
Typical full battery for Thyroid:

TSH
T3
T4
Free T3
Antibodies
Reverse T3

CoastWatcher

Being on daily gel I'd think its largely irrelevant, right? I mean obvious high Free T as he has but otherwise I think SHBG is null in the daily gel app.

Typically, you're right - assuming he finds success with gels. But my doctor feels that SHBG at either end of the spectrum can pose a problem for topical patients. Correlation, not causation.

PAUL-E

I found your labs and advice from other thread for thyroid
TSH 3rd Generation 4.56 uIU/mL range 2.6 - 6.9
Free T3 4.2 pg/mL range 1.4 - 4.1
Free T4 0.9 ng/dl range 0.8 - 1.9
Total T3 113 ng/dl range 84.0 - 172.0
Total T4 7.2 ug/dl range 4.5 - 12.5
TBG 23.4 ug/mL range 13.0 - 39

Your thyroid needs addressed! FT4 is sitting at the very bottom of the ref range, FT3 is sitting over 100% of the reference range. Suspect T3 pooling, meaning the T3 is building and unable to get into the body/cells. For starters you need a Reverse T3 lab, and you will also want antibodies (TPO & TgAb) to check for autoimmune. Other variables like cortisol, iron, and electrolytes can play into this, BUT, I'd start with the other labs mentioned, and I'd raise the subject for discussion with your physician.

maxadvance

Your Free T is slightly elevated, not high. My last free T reading was over 200, my shbg was 17. With 3 pumps a day who knows what the rate of absorption is, I bet it swings wildly from day to day. I would guess that it's important that the blood draw is first thing in the morning prior to first daily application. That would be your trough.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me