My testosterone is absurdly low -- 39.1!

Buy Lab Tests Online
I just turned 40 so I decided I should have a physical. I have had absolutely no health problems, but I wondered if maybe I had low testosterone because I lift weights and really struggle to put on muscle mass. My doctor seemed a little skeptical of TRT but agreed to include testosterone in the lab order.

Well, my bloods just came back, and my testosterone is absurdly low -- 39.1 ng/dl, where normal is between 280 and 1100.

I'm going back in today for a second blood test that will include a full hormone panel, but can anyone give me thoughts on how I should approach this with my doctor? As I said, he seems skeptical of TRT.

And can anyone say why my testosterone would be so low? I'm not that old, I've never used steroids and I've never had any health problems that I can think of that would cause low testosterone. I also don't exhibit most of the symptoms -- I get erections, my sex drive is normal, I'm not depressed, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I agree with Vince, I don't think your levels are that low. I don't see how you can have good erections and strong libido, with that low of testosterone.

davidrn

Wonder if your Total testosterone is actually, 391, not 39.1? I had a test result that when the lab was questioned on a very low CRP, they said that was the case, a typo. I was in pain, knew I had a fair amount of inflammation, and yeah, I was 10x higher than the results were written.

Wonder if your Total testosterone is actually, 391, not 39.1? I had a test result that when the lab was questioned on a very low CRP, they said that was the case, a typo. I was in pain, knew I had a fair amount of inflammation, and yeah, I was 10x higher than the results were written.

Wow, the typo possibility never even crossed my mind. I would hope labs wouldn't make a mistake like that, but I guess that's a possibility.

I went back this morning to have another blood draw. We'll see what they say when those results come back.

Michael Rogers

I've always requested ALL progress reports, labs etc. I FREQUENTLY find errors like I have DIABETES, (not) Recently the tec said I'd gained/lost 40 # again NOT! probably didn't hit the period key hard enough. I know that but will the next person that reads their info? I was+\- 4.0# AGAIN erroneous! I can wear lighter shoes and show that much change so shouldn't indicate higher accuracy than justifiable.
ALWAYS REQUEST ALL YOUR RECORDS AND READ THEM!a nasty comment can screw up your relationship with other MD's

davidrn

Wow, the typo possibility never even crossed my mind. I would hope labs wouldn't make a mistake like that, but I guess that's a possibility.

I went back this morning to have another blood draw. We'll see what they say when those results come back.

Its been a month, how did your second lab results turn out?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me