Severe Polycythemia for Testosterone. What now?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I was on T therapy for 6 years had severe Polycythemia. Stopped cold turkey. I have been off a year .HCG has had no effect on raising T. I am having severe body aches. Doctor wants to try Nandralone. Will I end up in tje same place with adverse side effects? Im a 49 year old career firefighter.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. Your doctor didn't ask you to donate blood? Or order a therapeutic phlebotomy? That, typically, will take care of the problem. And to cut you off, cold turkey, is simply cruel. A new doctor, wh grasps TRT, is what you need.

I was doing therapeutic Phlebotomy.I am in the medical profession. I took myself off T out of frustration. The amount of blood I was having to eliminate to stay safe was in itself unhealthy. Having a healthy T level and being anemic accomplished nothing.

gallan

Banned
Some folks have to do frequent phlebotomies PLUS iron supplementation. You just have to find your balance after a few months of labwork.(Hemoglobin and ferritin).
I got myself dialed in after about 8 months. Basically..I am donating every 6 weeks, taking a small iron supplement daily and eating iron rich food.

BTW...my doc would have not known to do any of this. I had to figure things out on my own like most issues regarding TRT. He just prescribes the meds. :)

maxadvance

I was doing therapeutic Phlebotomy.I am in the medical profession. I took myself off T out of frustration. The amount of blood I was having to eliminate to stay safe was in itself unhealthy. Having a healthy T level and being anemic accomplished nothing.

How severe was it? Did it manifest itself in ways other than hematocrit readings?

Yes very symptomatic. They bone marrow biopsy proved it was testosterone induced but it also stated that there was no iron in marrow whatsoever. I was only on 125 mg a week and at its worst it took almost 2 units of blood a month to stay in the healthy range.

maxadvance

Im wanting to hear from folks who have been on Nandralone and if they have been happy with it,side effects etc.

Currently doing 200mg T and 150mg Deca per week. When I added Deca to protocol Hematocrit jumped 7 points from 49 to 56 and I could feel flushed constantly and blood pressure went up too. Did a donation where Hema went back to 52 and BP normalized and redness reduced. Water weight also increases over first couple months, gained 10lbs quickly.

I've realized improved diet and reduced consumption of alcohol are absolutely imperative on this protocol. Along with an exercise routine that you won't stray from. If you're not going to lift and do cardio, don't bother it'll just make you fat. I'm at a point where 3 months into this protocol I have seen a significant change in body composition, libido is thru the roof, and my ligaments are hardpressed to get tendonitis(reduced tennis/lifters elbow)

ERO

As a "rule" one never wants to do Nandrolone by itself - always use it with at least 100mg of T per week to avoid losing your libido and potentially having major ED. Now I know you have had hematocrit issues with T, but perhaps injecting smaller amounts every other day or even every day may help vs the 100 mg just once a week.

Braun

You would never know how you feel when given something because we're all different so it means that while somebody can get a bad effect from what it is given to him, other people might greatly benefit. I would just follow the doctor's instructions

With due respect to your credentials we like to deal in numbers and lab tests...people are often very wrong in what they *think*, or *feel* or is *safe* and there's nothing here to work to work with; labs.

maxadvance

With due respect to your credentials we like to deal in numbers and lab tests...people are often very wrong in what they *think*, or *feel* or is *safe* and there's nothing here to work to work with; labs.

He did a bone marrow biopsy showing it was Test induced. Sounds pretty conclusive.

Vince

Super Moderator
Polycythemia vera is a disorder of the bone marrow. It mainly causes too many red blood cells to be produced. The numbers of white blood cells and platelets may also be higher than normal.
This is a rare disorder that occurs more often in men than in women. It is not usually seen in people under age 40. The problem is often linked to a gene defect called JAK2V617F. The cause of this gene defect is unknown.https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000589.htm

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me