Is a 316 Total testosterone number normal for my age?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mr_Detail

Hello all.
This is my first post to this forum. I am trying to determine what is a good number to shoot for when you are a healthy, 60 yr. old male? I recently had several blood tests done and here are some of those numbers:

T4, Free= 0.9 ng/dL
TSH = 2.53 mIU/L
FSH = 5.7 mIU/L
LH = 2.1 mIU/L
Total Testosterone = 316 ng/dL

Let me know what you think please.
I am tired of traditional doctor's telling me I am normal for my age.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
It's less than ideal and comes with a host of negative symptoms like poor memory, loss of muscle, weight gain, and so forth. Drs only read a lab result to say your "in range", but in range, sucks and has negative implications to your quality of life. Find a new Dr if you want to get started on HRT, this one, even if they did treat you, it will not be an effective or even competent treatment.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Need to know a lot more about you and your health history.

TSH is slightly elevated.

Let's see all you labs complete with reference ranges.

Your total testosterone serum levels are low but there may be reasons for that.

Can't tell if you candidate for TRT until we know more about you.

davidrn

Need to know a lot more about you and your health history.

I agree, starting TRT is very easy, trying to correct another underlying health issue is time consuming and difficult at times. There are many reasons your Total T is low, but the week before or after that result, it might have been 500. Do some reading about what life style changes you can make to help all of your hormones reach an optimal level. Losing weight, (especially a beer belly) changing poor diet, stop drinking beer, stop eating processed foods or Soy based items, start an weight lifting program, start HITT, all can effect Test levels.(but like I said, its some work to do that first).

Mr_Detail

Gentlemen;
I am 60 yrs. old and I consider myself pretty healthy at this stage of life. I am 6'4" tall and weigh 167 lbs. soaking wet.
The only script I take is for high BP once a day. I don't drink alcohol at all. I work out at my companies gym 3-4 times per week doing cardio, weight machines and free weights for an hour plus. I just went through a TURP procedure in February for an enlarged prostate and not being able to pee. Not fun.
Here is past history for addressing my T-levels:
a) Originally tried Androgel on my shoulder. Never got enough good absorption to make a difference.
b) Next found a doctor (on my healthcare plan) that actually prescribed HCG injections daily and this actually worked in
raising my T-levels upwards of 600. He discovered that the HCG stimulated my pituitary gland to manufacture more testosterone. Unfortunately last year he went off the grid and now charges anyone $200 an office visit. I can't afford that.
c) Went to see another endocrinologist to ask about Testopel pellets that are injected into your buttocks. Turns out that will cost me out of pocket around $750 per year. He wanted to inject 7-8 pellets every 3-4 months.
d) Back to Square one now. Don't know where to turn that is affordable. Even called a compounding pharmacist to ask about him compounding testosterone (Bio-Identical?) cream for me. Still no insurance coverage.

Seems I am destined to a total T of 316 for now.
Thanks for your previous responses.

Sean Mosher

I would definitely contact once of the HRT companies endorsed by this site.
You will do well and excel with either one.
I'm currently with PrimeBody and have no complaints.
I would say stay away from the pellets and there's no need to think that you're stuck at a total T of 316 indefinitely.

davidrn

It sounds like you already discovered what worked, the Hcg. Why can't you call each of the Urologists and Endocrinologists, that are covered by your insurance, and ask a few questions. You might also look if any Functional/ Holistic/ Integrative MDs are covered also. Sounds like you are secondary with your Hcg results, and Hcg Mono therapy may be your best first choice.

Mr_Detail

Mr. Mosher, Since I am new to this site can you please enlighten me as to the HRT companies you referred to in your post? You mentioned "Prime Body". Who or what are these companies? Do they sell certain products that help with low-T?

davidrn, can you please explain what you mean by "secondary" with my HcG results and mon-therapy might be my best choice. is mono-therapy what I was already doing before?

Thanks guys!

davidrn

A forum or google search of primary vs secondary will explain about the pituitary and its relationship to Testosterone. Mono Therapy is what you were doing with just the Hcg.(and it worked, right?) Many of us here are on T Cyp and Hcg, and need an AI (aromatase inhibitor) to control the increase in E2 (estidol).

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me