Ropinirole for antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.

Buy Lab Tests Online

HarryCat

Found this and thought it relevant in light of the buspar thread.

Ropinirole for antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.

[h=3]Abstract[/b]Sexual dysfunction is a relatively common side-effect of antidepressants, occurring in approximately one-half of patients, and is associated with significant distress and treatment non-compliance. Dopaminergic agents have been reported to be helpful for the treatment of antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction and, in this report, we examined the efficacy of the dopamine agonist ropinirole for this indication. Thirteen patients (three women, 10 men), aged 42.6 +/- 7.7 years, who reported sexual dysfunction on a stable dose of antidepressant, were treated openly with ropinirole initiated at 0.25 mg/day and titrated up to 2-4 mg/day over 4 weeks, as tolerated. Ten of the 13 took ropinirole for at least 4 weeks, one discontinued due to an adverse event and two because of lack of response. Sexual dysfunction, as assessed by the Arizona Sexual Experience Scale scores, was reduced from 18.8 +/- 3.6 to 13.8 +/- 4.3 after 4 weeks on ropinirole at a mean dose of 2.1 mg/day. Overall, seven of 13 patients (54%) were rated as responders on the Clinical Global Impression of Improvement Scale. The addition of ropinirole may represent a potentially useful treatment strategy for antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Umm....

[h=2]Side effects[edit][/b]Ropinirole can cause nausea, dizziness, hallucinations, orthostatic hypotension, and sudden sleep attacks during the daytime. Unusual side effects specific to D[SUB]3[/SUB] agonists such as ropinirole and pramipexolecan include hypersexuality, punding and compulsive gambling, even in patients without a history of these behaviours.[SUP][8][/SUP]
[h=2]Lawsuits[edit][/b]In November 2012, GlaxoSmithKline was ordered by a Rennes appeals court to pay Frenchman Didier Jambart 197,000 euros ($255,824); Jambart had taken ropinirole from 2003 to 2010 and exhibited risky hypersexual behavior and gambled excessively until stopping the Parkinson's treatment.[SUP][9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ropinirole[/SUP]

HarryCat

Umm....

Side effects[edit]

Ropinirole can cause nausea, dizziness, hallucinations, orthostatic hypotension, and sudden sleep attacks during the daytime. Unusual side effects specific to D[SUB]3[/SUB] agonists such as ropinirole and pramipexolecan include hypersexuality, punding and compulsive gambling, even in patients without a history of these behaviours.[SUP][8][/SUP]
Lawsuits[edit]

In November 2012, GlaxoSmithKline was ordered by a Rennes appeals court to pay Frenchman Didier Jambart 197,000 euros ($255,824); Jambart had taken ropinirole from 2003 to 2010 and exhibited risky hypersexual behavior and gambled excessively until stopping the Parkinson's treatment.[SUP][9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ropinirole[/SUP]

Yes, but that is almost all at the doses used to treat Parkinson's. The doses used in the paper I listed and the dose that I was prescribed for RLS was much lower.
I did not experience any of those sides at 4mg/day.

HarryCat

I had a sleep study done a few years ago. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and RLS. For the sleep apnea I was prescribed an APAP machine and for the RLS I was prescribed Ropinirole. I titrated up the Ropinirole dose to about 4mg/day. I did not notice any increase in libido, most likely because I was doing 200mg shots every 2 weeks at that time. Shortly after that I left that urologist to look for someone else and I also stopped taking the Ropinorole because that is the max dose for RLS and it didn't seem to be helping that condition very much.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me