Testosterone Cream as a Treatment for Dry Eye

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

Brian S. Boxer Wachler, MD, encouraged his colleagues to “keep an open mind” and try this simple solution for the benefit of their patients.

Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) is the most common cause of dry eye, present in about one-third of adults over 40 years of age. Correlation with testosterone deficiency was proved 17 years ago by David Sullivan, PhD, who published 24 papers on this topic, Boxer Wachler said.

“Once the diagnosis of MGD is confirmed, which can be done by simply pressing on the eyelids to squeeze out gland secretions, I treat my patients in two steps,” he said. “First, I clean out the meibomian glands with LipiFlow (TearLab). It is a 12-minute procedure, extremely safe and effective. Then, I prescribe a 10% testosterone cream from the pharmacy to apply on the eyelids every night at bedtime or twice a day for advanced cases.”

This treatment may require about a month to show improvements, but it is effective, according to Boxer Wachler.

“I have used it for over 11 years, and I have seen it work in 95% of my patients, getting relief after 5, 10, even 20 years of suffering,” he said.

From http://www.healio.com/ophthalmology...m-may-provide-relief-from-mgd-related-dry-eye

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I have Sjogren's Syndrome and deal with very dry eyes. My opthalmologist has prescribed this and I'll be starting it first of February. I'll report at the one month mark.

Interesting treatment. Side note I thought my dry eye at its worst was a side effect of Androgel 1.62. My Dr gave me the tear test strips and they were zero. Really bad. But I'm better, mostly, now that I stopped the 1.62

CoastWatcher

I have Sjogren's Syndrome and deal with very dry eyes. My opthalmologist has prescribed this and I'll be starting it first of February. I'll report at the one month mark.

For the past five weeks I have been applying a 10% testosterone cream to my eyes in an effort to see if the improvement noted in the study quoted above could be replicated. My Sjogren's is largely stable, but dry eye is a persistent problem. I'm sorry to report that I feel no change, no improvement, but no worsening. I will continue using it for another month, but would be surprised if anything changes.

M.J

Damn I have dry issues as long as I can remember, I felt some relief when I started injection thought it was placebo effect, but it could be related to my low-t !

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me