Rapid weight loss without losing muscle: combine intermittent fasting and cardio

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Rapid weight loss without losing muscle: combine intermittent fasting and cardio

Sports scientists at the University of Illinois at Chicago may have stumbled on a perfect way for overweight people to lose weight. Their study suggests that a combination of intermittent fasting and cardio training results in considerable weight loss while maintaining lean body mass.

Intermittent fasting

The publication of the scientists' study, a few months ago in Obesity, is a triumph for the intermittent fasting movement. They argue that the human body is capable of functioning perfectly well for hours without taking in food. When this happens it starts burning body fat, and holding on to muscle tissue.

Respected scientists and traditional trainers advise athletes who want to lose weight to concentrate on eating small quantities of food during the day. This is believed to keep the body's energy burning topped up and to prevent the breakdown of muscle mass. This is exactly the opposite advice from what the supporters of intermittent fasting recommend.
http://www.ergo-log.com/rapid-weigh...-combine-intermittent-fasting-and-cardio.html

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bama Boy

Sports scientists at the University of Illinois at Chicago may have stumbled on a perfect way for overweight people to lose weight. Their study suggests that a combination of intermittent fasting and cardio training results in considerable weight loss while maintaining lean body mass.

Intermittent fasting

The publication of the scientists' study, a few months ago in Obesity, is a triumph for the intermittent fasting movement. They argue that the human body is capable of functioning perfectly well for hours without taking in food. When this happens it starts burning body fat, and holding on to muscle tissue.

Respected scientists and traditional trainers advise athletes who want to lose weight to concentrate on eating small quantities of food during the day. This is believed to keep the body's energy burning topped up and to prevent the breakdown of muscle mass. This is exactly the opposite advice from what the supporters of intermittent fasting recommend.
http://www.ergo-log.com/rapid-weigh...-combine-intermittent-fasting-and-cardio.html
Its not letting me pull this site up . I am very interested in this !

ERO

FWIW - I had always been somewhat skeptical of Intermittent Fasting, but I have been following it now for a couple of months and I am getting leaner and I have not lost any strength. (Conventional wisdom: if you don't eat 6 meals a day like a pro bodybuilder you are gonna just shrink your muscle away) I do need to add more cardio though - that is my next step.

Fireproof

There are a few different ways to implement intermittent fasting. Some like doing a fast or near-fast for 24 hours a couple days per week. Others fast a portion of each day by limiting the eating window to like 8 hours, and fasting the other 16. I've done this and it's worked very well. It's pretty easy when the majority of your "fast" is when you are sleeping...the rest just amounts to skipping breakfast. So basically I would eat my first meal at 11am and my last meal at 7 or 8pm. Then fast from 7 or 8pm until 11am the next day.

For a book with a fair amount of science on intermittent fasting (as well as myth-busting common myths like "eating 6 small meals per day will boost your metabolism") I recommend Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilon. Http://www.eatstopeat.com

For a website with a ton of scientific research about intermittent fasting (and busting myths) - I highly recommend Lean Gains: http://www.leangains.com/

(Note - I am not affiliated with either of the above or having anything to gain by recommending them. I've just studied IF for a while and found the above to be good references on the subject).

I, too, have done the basic overnight and then skip breakfast and first meal at 11 so I can get about 18hours of only water. But I tend to only do that on a Sunday after I've given myself Saturday to indulge in some sugary pastry or tortilla chips. My diet thru the week I eat "food" as it were but omit the sugary treats whereever I can and try to clean out on Sunday.

CoastWatcher

FWIW - I had always been somewhat skeptical of Intermittent Fasting, but I have been following it now for a couple of months and I am getting leaner and I have not lost any strength. (Conventional wisdom: if you don't eat 6 meals a day like a pro bodybuilder you are gonna just shrink your muscle away) I do need to add more cardio though - that is my next step.

ERO - Was this by design, or did you just find yourself in that pattern due to schedule issues and realize you it was working? I believe I will give it a good-faith try.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Here is the full paper:

https://nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-12-146

"Diet protocol

During the dietary intervention period, ADF subjects consumed 25% of their baseline energy needs on the fast day (24 h), and then ate ad libitum on each alternating feed day (24 h). Energy needs for each subject were determined by the Mifflin equation [7]. The feed and fast days began at midnight each day, and all fast day meals were consumed between 12.00 pm and 2.00 pm to ensure that each subject was undergoing the same duration of fasting. ADF subjects were provided with meals on each fast day (ranging from 400–600 kcal), and ate ad libitum at home on the feed day. All ADF fast day meals were prepared in the metabolic kitchen of the Human Nutrition Research Center (HNRU) at the University of Illinois, Chicago. Fast day meals were provided as a 3-day rotating menu, and were formulated based on the American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines (30% kcal from fat, 15% kcal from protein, 55% kcal from carbohydrate) [8]. All meals were consumed outside of the research center. ADF subjects were permitted to consume energy-free beverages, tea, coffee, and sugar-free gum, and were encouraged to drink plenty of water. Control subjects were permitted to eat ad libitum every day, and were not provided with meals from the research center."

This is the Mifflin equation:
Resting energy expensiture = 9.99 x weight + 6.25 x height - 4.92 x age + 166 x sex (males, 1; females, 0) - 161.
Weight in Kilos and Height in cm.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/51/2/241.short

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale