Thyroid Dosing Changes while on TRT? Scary Symptoms

Buy Lab Tests Online

J.James.A

Anyone have to adjust dosing of their thyroid meds after starting TRT?
Been Hypo for 2 years now(10.10 TSH when found back in 2014), Started on 50 Synthroid, brought it to normal range then they switched me to Armour, after a few weeks Armour elevated my Free T3, gave me bad anxiety and skipped heart beats.I have had them off and on before and when I started to get them more frequently we looked into the thyroid.Well the Armour had my Free T3 at 4.7 (2.0-4.4) above normal high.
Dr. said "there you go, you were right, something was off. Took me off the Armour and put me back on the Synthroid.
They subsided when they put me back on Synthroid. Been a roller coaster since. Back in 6/19/2015 my thyroid was off again and we went from 50 to 100 Synthroid. Felt a little better but we found my low T 7/23/15. Back in 9/11/15 Thyroid blood work done and levels were good but I was still gaining weight and was supper sluggish, irate and over all felt blah. Well fast forward to April of this year and I'm on TRT. Feeling good but noticed a few weeks ago my palps where showing up more than usual. My workout routine consists of 45-60 mins on the bowlfex then 15-30 mins on the stationary bike. A few times I felt the palps, especially when I was in bike mode (heart rate lower on the bike than the bowflex) but a few weeks ago (3) I got a new tattoo and couldn't workout for a whole week. That week they really came back and BAD! Had multiple hour long spells. That whole week I was super anxious and on edge (I know that didn't help a bit) but I still can't get use to them, and since they are coming back to back I'm really no way I can just ignore them. Scares the hell out of me.
I've been thinking my Thyroid levels might be off cause I was also getting anxiety spells and hair thinning also night sweats but the palps are the ones that had me really confident they where off. I also had fatigue spells even while on TRT. Well I went to the Dr and got blood work done
5/16/16
TSH 1.08 (0.27-4.20)
Total T4 10.60 (4.00-11.00)
Free T3 4.6 (2.0-4.4)
TPA/TPO 322 (0-34)

As you all can see, my Free T3 is where it was at when my heart palps was bothering me back about a year and a half ago. Today they have been none stop, since my boys baseball game yesterday (5pm) and allday today they have been on my ass. I checked my pulse and it goes 15 thumps then a skip, another 30 thumps then a skip, 5 thumps, skip, 20 thumps then skip. Has me on damn edge BAD fellas!!! I HATE THESE DAMN THINGS.
My Dr lowered my Synthroid back to 100 to see if that will bring down the Free T3 a bit and help calm them down but shit that will take 2-3 weeks. My body is super sensitive so I'm hoping I feel the difference sooner.

My Dr. said the TRT is boosting my thyroid function and is probably helping me covert better so that's why the T3 is above normal high now and why she's lowering my dosage. All the Dr.s I've seen know about my palps, they said anxiety first (before we knew about my thyroid) and since then they blame it on my thyroid/anxiety/stress but when they hit me like this, as you can see it's thyroid related. I am scared to death it's something new like afib or worse.
I feel them in my throat every single time they hit and that's all the damn time as we speak smh.
Anyone take thyroid meds along with TRT? Anyone ever have to mess with the dosing?
Any help out there fellas?

Went ahead and got T blood work down as well
T >1500 (348-1197)
Estradiol 21.7 (7.6-42.6)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HarryCat

I had the same reaction to Armour. Just too much T3 in there for me. I was doing OK on 50mcg Levo for several years, but this past year my TSH shot up to 4.0, even though I was taking the same brand and dose all along.

Past few months I've been trying to dial in again. Seems like somewhere between 50 and 100 is the right dose to keep me from either totally crashing in the late afternoon or going too high and having bad insomnia and heart palps.

J.James.A

I had the same reaction to Armour. Just too much T3 in there for me. I was doing OK on 50mcg Levo for several years, but this past year my TSH shot up to 4.0, even though I was taking the same brand and dose all along.

Past few months I've been trying to dial in again. Seems like somewhere between 50 and 100 is the right dose to keep me from either totally crashing in the late afternoon or going too high and having bad insomnia and heart palps.

How long would your palps last? I've had them where I'm relaxing then get hit with one or 2 then stop and go on with my day. Sometime a few in a day and sometimes a few for a few minutes. This time they are non stop going on all day long today so far. Everywhere I read it says they are normal and not dangerous unless they are non stop. Well I've been having these since 10:30 am and it's now 3:45pm. Not every single beat is a skip but they go between every 10 to every 15 to every 30. Started yesterday afternoon like this. Haven't had a good break but at the moment I'm also anxious as hell and stressed about these damn things.

HarryCat

How long would your palps last? I've had them where I'm relaxing then get hit with one or 2 then stop and go on with my day. Sometime a few in a day and sometimes a few for a few minutes. This time they are non stop going on all day long today so far. Everywhere I read it says they are normal and not dangerous unless they are non stop. Well I've been having these since 10:30 am and it's now 3:45pm. Not every single beat is a skip but they go between every 10 to every 15 to every 30. Started yesterday afternoon like this. Haven't had a good break but at the moment I'm also anxious as hell and stressed about these damn things.

Maybe and hour or two, but I don't suffer from anxiety. Yesterday I had them pretty bad and they were going on for a while so I did some meditation and tried to really relax and they went away.

J.James.A

Maybe and hour or two, but I don't suffer from anxiety. Yesterday I had them pretty bad and they were going on for a while so I did some meditation and tried to really relax and they went away.

I'm averaging any where from 4-8 a minute with resting heart rate being around 77-85. Man I'm trying real hard not to flip out and head to the ER. I also know me being in that state of mine is probably making it a whole lot worse.

HarryCat

Are you taking any supplements? I just took my usual evening supplements and my resting heart rate has jumped to 137BPM. I suspect it's the pregnenolone which I only started taking about a couple of months ago. This seems to be a not uncommon side effect.

J.James.A

Are you taking any supplements? I just took my usual evening supplements and my resting heart rate has jumped to 137BPM. I suspect it's the pregnenolone which I only started taking about a couple of months ago. This seems to be a not uncommon side effect.

No, my TRT injections aren't till tomorrow. Only thing I've been taking are mag pills, and a .25 xanax to try and calm me down. Haven't hit the gym since Thursday.

I'm wondering if at the moment I'm borderline Hyper? My understanding is TSH low and others High you are hyper. Also thought Hashis sometimes makes you switch from one to the other? Or am I mistaken?
TSH 1.08 (0.27-4.20)
Total T4 10.60 (4.00-11.00)
Free T3 4.6 (2.0-4.4)
TPA/TPO 322 (0-34)

J.James.A

Well your T level is certainly on the high side, I would think that could contribute to it as well

I noticed that too, don't know why my levels would be that high though. I take 300ml cypionate split in 2 weekly injections. I was at the 350ish when put on TRT.
I'm wondering, I've read that having your thyroid levels on point helps raise T production in the body, my thyroid on the other had didn't help much. I was on the normal side but it still didn't help much.
I'm wondering if my Dr. is on the spot when she tells me my high T is helping my thyroid function. I'm wondering if boosting my T levels also boosted my thyroid gland and so now I'm converting better on both ends. T helped my phone hydrous so now my thyroid is helping my T production.

kc119

I noticed that too, don't know why my levels would be that high though. I take 300ml cypionate split in 2 weekly injections. I was at the 350ish when put on TRT.
I'm wondering, I've read that having your thyroid levels on point helps raise T production in the body, my thyroid on the other had didn't help much. I was on the normal side but it still didn't help much.
I'm wondering if my Dr. is on the spot when she tells me my high T is helping my thyroid function. I'm wondering if boosting my T levels also boosted my thyroid gland and so now I'm converting better on both ends. T helped my phone hydrous so now my thyroid is helping my T production.

James, what was your outcome - were you able to resolve the heart palpitations and decrease your heart rate, what helped you if so? I never have had elevated TSH or any thyroid issues that I was aware of, everything was in the normal range before I begin TRT

Now I'm having the increased sweating, feeling hot, heart racing and shortness of breath

T4 Free, serum

[TD="class: ltr-value, align: center"]1.42

[/TD]
[TD="class: ltr-value, align: center"]1.19

[/TD]
[TD="class: ltr-value, align: center"] [/TD]

ng/dL​

- - -
TSH

[TD="class: ltr-value, align: center"]2.330

[/TD]
[TD="class: ltr-value, align: center"]3.170

[/TD]

uIU/mL​

0.45 - 4.5
T3 Free, Serum

[TD="class: ltr-value, align: center"]3.0

[/TD]
[TD="class: ltr-value, align: center"]2.8

[/TD]

pg/mL​

- - -

J.James.A

James, what was your outcome - were you able to resolve the heart palpitations and decrease your heart rate, what helped you if so? I never have had elevated TSH or any thyroid issues that I was aware of, everything was in the normal range before I begin TRT

Now I'm having the increased sweating, feeling hot, heart racing and shortness of breath

I reduced my injection level. Went from <1500 to around 800-900.

I think it was a mixture of being on a new medicine that gave me energy at my highest point of my anxiety problem.

I was taking a lot of test, and my HCG has b12 in it. I was also so anxious and stressed my body was already way sensitive. It had be for a while. Work was the main trigger so I’m stressed, anxious and now my body is taking in a medics that gives me energy and a sense of get up and let’s go. That’s why I felt so great when I would work out, hell I was hitting then gym for about 90 minutes daily. And on my off days I would have all this energy and no where to burn it off my body was doing it for me. Of course through anxiety symptoms.

As of now, I hit a wall. I’ve gained all my weight back and then some because through my journey of getting my anxiety under control I decided to take medication to help me have it under control. I’m on the lowest dose of Paxil for about 6 months now. It’s WAY better. That along with new ways of thinking (got into and try and follow Buddhism ways) I’ve learned to just go with the flow and breathe down my worries and anxiousness. It helped before the Paxil big I wanted to just take a break from the day to day of being on edge over nothing.

I still get palps, but I’ve had them for years and only came after my anxiety started. Still get anxious and anxiety symptoms but again I can control it better. I know and understand hat because if things that happened in my past I will probably always be an anxious person. PTSD.

My next step is to get back into working out to get my sexy back lol and get off the paxil. Let the workouts be my meds.

My only recommendations to you is to go see your doctor. Let him know what’s going on and see if you can find out the root of it. Could be anxiety (those are symptoms) but could also be something you have to treat and look into more for health reasons. Better safe than sorry my freind.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me