How to Prevent Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
In the documentary Super Size Me, Morgan Spurlock eats exclusively at McDonald's for a month, and predictably his weight, blood pressure, and cholesterol go up—but so do his liver enzymes, a sign his liver cells are dying and spilling their contents into the bloodstream. His one-man experiment was actually formally replicated. A group of men and women agreed to eat two fast food meals a day for a month, and most of their liver values started out normal—under 30 here for men. But within just one week, most were out of whack; a profound pathological elevation in liver damage.

What's happening is NAFLD, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, the next global epidemic. Fatty deposits in the liver can result in a disease spectrum—from asymptomatic fat buildup, to NASH, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, which can lead to liver scarring, and cirrhosis, which can result in liver cancer, liver failure, and death.

It's now the most common cause of chronic liver disease in the U.S., affecting 70 million Americans—that's like one in three adults. And fast food is a great way to bring it on, since it's associated with the intake of soft drinks and meat. One can of soda a day may raise the odds of fatty liver 45%, and those eating the equivalent of 14 chicken nuggets' worth of meat a day have nearly triple the rates of fatty liver, compared to seven nuggets or less.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

gallan

Banned
What does 14 nuggets worth of "meat" even mean? Heck...most healthy people here interesting in growing and keeping muscle are eating more meat than that.

One can of soda..ok...I avoid sugary drinks like the plague but even just one can of soda a day in an otherwise healthy diet is going to be of little consequence.

Re-Ride

An important topic many primary doctors might still be overlooking from a prevention or early intervention stage especially if liver enzymes "aren't that bad".

McNuggets do not fit my definition of meat. Rotation: bison, cold water sardines, free range chicken, alaskan salmon, free range organic eggs, undenatured whey, sprouted grains, lentils. Lots more sardines.

Re-Ride

Gallan, If you swap, for example, the soda for fresh pressed not from concentrated pomegranate juice you swap potent phyto-chemicals for toxic artificial ones. The sugar is present but has been demonstrated not to cause serum glucose spikes. Search for "one can soda a day" and you'll see it's not as harmless as you think. I add mineral water or carbonated spring water when I occasionally want the pop experience. As you taper down on sucrose you'll find it to be less and less appetizing and agreeable. Same goes for processed starch and wheat flour.

SoCal Guy

McDonalds is hardly health food, but Spurlock's documentary has been discredited as fraudulent, and the video in the OP is by a veggie front group ("Nutrition Facts") which goes to great lengths to hide who they are.

One guy was so incensed by Spurlock's film that he made an entire documentary explaining why it's a crock.

For more authoritative info on fixing fatty liver read Chris Masterjohn.

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2016/04/24/start-here-for-fatty-liver-disease/

Last edited:

BigTex

Here is a very good paper that talks about one of the main contributors to fatty liver disease.....sugar/ high fructose corn syrup.

What do we need to do other that cut our sugar intake???? EXERCISE

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching