Intra workout carbs

Buy Lab Tests Online

Davet

I am running a low carb regime. Focusing on protein and good fats.(just about to hit the big 60).
My goal is to put on size (lean) and achieve the best shape I can for a guy of my age with the mileage on my clock...still got a annoying layer of fat around my midsection...which is slowly dropping
I know we have to look more closely at factors as age to avoid taking things in the wrong direction.
Been training hard since 2009 ... 3 times a week and have had lots of hurdles to overcome.
Which by sheer determination and tenacity I have kept on track.
My carb intake is normally below 100g a day....vegetables and fruit.
I think I may have been borderline insulin resistant. when I first started training I could handle a hi glycemic carb shk after my workout to replenish glycogen.
But after a few years training I had to drop the hi Gi shk as I found it used to spin me up so I wouldn't sleep and would burn up all night.
Last time I had my bloods done my blood sugar level was ok and when I had my Hba1c levels done they were within range so I am hoping my T regime has helped rectify this issue.

Do any other guys here take intra workout carbs to help move things on or does the science behind this not stack up for an older warrior ?

cheers guys

Davet

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Personally I stay away from carbs, I won't even eat fruit. For whatever reason carbs fuel my appetite and make me fat.

shan1784

Personally I stay away from carbs, I won't even eat fruit. For whatever reason carbs fuel my appetite and make me fat.

Yes, I'm in the same boat thanks to you... You responed to my blood test post with a video for me to watch "Eat Fat to Get Thin"... Opened up my eyes to a whole new way of eating.. Since then I've dropped about 30lbs and close to 5% bodyfat... Thank you...

To the OP, look at ketogenic diets as an alternative way of eating... It's amazing and the science behind it is very solid... I personally researched on Ketogains.com and their reddit as well... It's a tweaked version of keto with a higher protein intake.. It's geared more towards weight lifters who want to do Keto... Take a look... Not going to lie, first 2-3 weeks of eating this way can be a lil rough and hard to get use to but stick it through and you won't look back...

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes, I'm in the same boat thanks to you... You responed to my blood test post with a video for me to watch "Eat Fat to Get Thin"... Opened up my eyes to a whole new way of eating.. Since then I've dropped about 30lbs and close to 5% bodyfat... Thank you...

To the OP, look at ketogenic diets as an alternative way of eating... It's amazing and the science behind it is very solid... I personally researched on Ketogains.com and their reddit as well... It's a tweaked version of keto with a higher protein intake.. It's geared more towards weight lifters who want to do Keto... Take a look... Not going to lie, first 2-3 weeks of eating this way can be a lil rough and hard to get use to but stick it through and you won't look back...

Wow "good testimony".

I'm working on gaining mass I eat 1.5g carb per bodyweight, 1.5g protein and .5g fat. I will cut down to. 5g carb when I'm ready to start losing fat.

Currently post workout I consume 20-30 grams of fast digesting carb along with a protein shake. Gummy bears work or any sugar candy, or you can buy a supplement powder.

The idea is the spike in insulin post work out prime the muscles for growth and helps push the nutrients they need to them. If this is true or not I don't know, but I've been having some success.

I also Low-Carb, but for non-Low-Carbers who don't have a lot of fat to lose, I sure as hell don't see what's wrong with the gummies.

As I've always said my body responds well to low-carb. More energy, more alert, happier mood etc. However I do not think that everyone needs it. Dr. Peter Attia did some interesting research on doing grueling type workouts (he is a rower) without needing to carb-up.

http://eatingacademy.com/

Again, I only emphasize this to people who only carb-up around workouts you might not need to be doing that. If you are not a low-carber I have read that Pre and post workout carbs can be helpful.

I also Low-Carb, but for non-Low-Carbers who don't have a lot of fat to lose, I sure as hell don't see what's wrong with the gummies.

As I've always said my body responds well to low-carb. More energy, more alert, happier mood etc. However I do not think that everyone needs it. Dr. Peter Attia did some interesting research on doing grueling type workouts (he is a rower) without needing to carb-up.

Again, I only emphasize this to people who only carb-up around workouts you might not need to be doing that. If you are not a low-carber I have read that Pre and post workout carbs can be helpful as well. I think the gummy idea is damn cool

Davet

Intra workout shk.

Again, I only emphasize this to people who only carb-up around workouts you might not need to be doing that. If you are not a low-carber I have read that Pre and post workout carbs can be helpful as well. I think the gummy idea is damn cool
Thanks guys..

I think I am just reaching the stage where I have dropped enough body fat to slow down aromatisation ...so i am going to to try lowering my arimidex down to 2 x .25mg instead of the 2 x.5 mg.
(tried the Prog route to control my E but as previously mentioned it caused me to crash big time)
At the moment I seem to be able to maintain intense workouts for around 6 weeks (after a weeks rest) then I seem to hit a low ebb and lose that feeling you get when you really get hooked into a workout and get it right.
Since I started my training in 09 I have burnt of a hell of a lot of fat and looking back at my lifestyle, I can see now I was probably an estrogen dominant pile of poo...with my sh*te diet and alcohol consumption.....along with all the other xenoestrogens products I had in my life.

In my post work out shake I have 40g of milled oats in with my protein powder...which equates to around 26g of carbs.
Guess it will be worth giving the intra workout shk a shot... but monitor things closely to avoid blunting my fat burning...cuz that is my main goal.
I will order some dextrose and work with 20g and some BCAA's and electrolytes to see if I can push through the 6 week wall and get it up to 12 weeks before I take a week off.
I know its a fine line to achieve fat burning and put on size at the same time and over the last 7 years its been one hell of a learning curve.........

All the best guys.

Davet

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale