Bi Weekly T Shot Protocol Effect On SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

1Draw

I'm currently injecting 100mg (.5) 1xwk to help lower my estradiol E2. Was injecting 140 mg (.7) 1xwk prior to blood work taken on 4/28 for upcoming consult with Defy.

Results of blood work showed Total T = 1411, Free T = 24.1 (1.7%) (6.6 - 18.1) estradiol sensitive 41.8 pg/ml ( 8.0 -35.0) and SHBG 65.8 nmol/L (19.3 -76.4 ). I have always been a high SHBG guy.

Symptoms are fatigue, body aches, mental fog and low libido like something is just not right. I am not taking an AI at this time. Symptoms are definitely related to estradiol being high IMO.

I was advised to lower weekly dosage to .5 or 100 mg week to lower E2 until consult.

My question is, if I go to injecting 50mg 2 x week to help lower conversion to E2, will it cause my SHBG to rise and lower my free T%? Does anyone have personal experience doing this with labs to share? Have searched all over and can't find this anywhere in a thread or sticky.

Just curious and I'm not going to do anything until I have my consult with Dr. Crisler next week. Thanks for any advice from all the experts!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Twice weekly at the lower 100 mg per week (50 mg per injection) will help with E2 to some extent.

Your symptoms are related to your elevated E2 and not SHBG.

Elevated SHBG, as long as Free T is within a good healthy range, is not something to be overly concerned with.

You need to lower your E2 a bit and the twice weekly at the lower dose will help with that before your next pull and discussion with your Physician.

That's a curiously high Free T given the high SHBG, that's why, with the TT number, I questioned that that's a trough reading. His Free T doesn't correlate with what we usually see with that SHBG number.

1Draw

That's a curiously high Free T given the high SHBG, that's why, with the TT number, I questioned that that's a trough reading. His Free T doesn't correlate with what we usually see with that SHBG number.

Vince and Gene: Yes the 1411 T was a trough reading. Blood drawn 0630, injected .7 140 mg 0745 on Thursday so blood was drawn before injection.

Was switched to TCypionate w/seasame oil on Feb 3 after 2 months on TGels. Blood work on gels were Total T -785 free T was 10.2, E2 was 19.7 and SHBG was 104. I felt pretty *****y.

By the way, the Free T % is still only 1.7% of Total T so, SHBG still lingering and having an impact.

It is obvious the gels did not work for me hence the switch to IM shots. After blood work on 4/28 was in and noticed elevated levels for T and E2, nurse Jill recommended lowering dosage lowered to .5 or 100 mg weekly until consult with Dr. Crisler.

Again original question guys (Listen up!) - Will bi-weekly shots cause SHBG to rise or stay the same? 140 mg 1xweek dropped SHBG from 104 to 66 and Free T rose from 10.2 to 24.1 so, don't want SHBG to climb a lot and affect FreeT.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me