If you only could have 5 supplements to take what would they be ?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

johnt

Multi-Vitamin (Life Extension Two Per Day)
Omega 3 (Fish Oil) (Life Extension Mega or Ocean Blue 2100 Professional)
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
DHEA

kds7000

I do love my supplements. Impossible to choose only 5, but here goes.

1. MitoQ (supposed to be better than CoQ10)
2. NAD
3. Curcumin
4. Pycnogenol
5. Shilajit

I believe the Shilajit makes up for a lot of minerals which are missing from the diet. For Vitamin D, I prefer to take cod liver oil.

Gman86

1. Magnesium (Hands down is #1)
2. Grass-fed beef liver
3. Grass-fed NAKED unflavored whey. Not so much for the micronutrients, but just mostly for giving me the convenience of getting my protein in while on the go. Some days it would almost be impossible to get my protein requirements in without it.
4. Vitamin D (low dose). Still not 100% sure if this one is completely necessary. Continuing to test free Vitamin D levels to try and figure it out. Although, even if in the summer it's not necessary, the winter months I think it might be even while consuming cod liver oil.
5. Kelp and Brazil nuts would be tied for 5th. Kelp for Iodine, and Brazil nuts for Selenium.

Also forgot to mention a probiotic. That probably should of been in there. I personally just eat a serving or two of sauerkraut everyday made from red cabbage.

Last edited:

Renman23

I searched for this thread because I was kinda sticker shocked when i was purchasing my own Supplements and wondering how many other guys were taking.

mine are
Magnesuim
Vitamin D3 5000iu
Fish oil 3g daily
Iron w/ Vitamin c

DragonBits

I don't see Magnesium Serum levels in our normal 6-month panel with Defy. Any chance it goes by some other name in the testing? Or is it something that's hard to test for? The Dr's Best is highly rated on labdoor both for quality and review and their normal dosage is 400mg per day. I can't imagine upping that by 1-2 pills will hurt but was wondering if you can overdo it. According to Amazon reviews I'm not seeing the diarrhea issues but I haven't gotten through all of them.

I don't think magnesium serum level check is very good since your body will strive to maintain a constant level in your serum. Your cells can be deficient while your serum levels will be good.

Better but more expensive is a magnesium rbc test.

Best of all is the

EXA Magnesium Test

The EXA Test determines magnesium levels from a tissue sample that is scraped from inside the mouth and then tested for magnesium. Since the majority of magnesium is found in soft tissue, evaluating actual tissue presents a better snapshot of the magnesium content in your system. The EXA test though is hard to find although more doctors are being trained to perform it.

People who get the EXA test tend to be those with problems like afib that are very responsive to magnesium levels, and they report that the RBC test often shows good levels while the EXA test shows a deficiency.

But I wouldn't pay for either RBC or EXA, I would go by just taking enough magnesium to eliminate all cramping and I also know how much I can take daily before diarrhea sets in.

FWIW, if I take ~5 grams of magnesium citrate daily I will get diarrhea. This is about 570 mg of elemental magnesium, and the total dietary requirements for magnesium are 320 to 420 milligrams per day. So I just take less than 5 grams, maybe about 3.54 grams.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me