Awaiting Initial Consult w/Defy

Buy Lab Tests Online

xmd33x

Hello peeps!

I started this process in April with the VA and had a couple blood labs and follow up with urologist.

I gave the VA a shot first so that I wouldn't wonder "what if" down the road. As expected, the urologist didn't think 245ng/dL was too bad for a 35 year old(will be 36 very soon!). He prescribed AndroGel 1.62% at two pumps per day and labs in August before follow up in September.

That is when I decided to go with Defy Medical. The problem I am having is I did not expect the initial consult to be so far out(four weeks) on June 6th.

Should I use the AndroGel in the meantime? I don't want to make any mistakes and create problems for myself or Dr. Saya when the times comes to attack my low T.

Here are some of the pertinent labs:

Test on 4-14-16 245 (249-836) Test on 4-28-16 259 (250-1100)
TSH 1.59 (0.45-4.70)
Total PSA 1.0 (0.00-4.00)
FSH 1.7 (1.0-8.0)
LH 4.8 (1.7-8.6)
Prolactin 10.38 (1.61-18.77)
Free Test 54.9 (35-155)

I will have my Estradiol Sensitive and DHEA-S results tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

As long as Defy has your current blood work - before you start the Androgel (or soon will have it - send it to them ASAP) I don't see any harm in trying the Androgel for the next 4 weeks if you already have it on-hand. Defy is likely to switch you to twice weekly injections, but if you feel awful now because of Low T, give it a shot.

CoastWatcher

Topicals are a reasonable, rational choice, but they don't work for a significant number of men (I was one of them). If, as ERO noted, all your lab work is submitted it might be in your interest to try Androgel. If uncertain, call Defy - there are very few questions they haven't been asked!

Last edited:
Xmd33x - as long as we have your baseline labs as you stated above, then go ahead and use the androgel as somewhat of a "bridge" until our consult.

Welcome to the team!

xmd33x

Hello peeps!

I started this process in April with the VA and had a couple blood labs and follow up with urologist.

I gave the VA a shot first so that I wouldn't wonder "what if" down the road. As expected, the urologist didn't think 245ng/dL was too bad for a 35 year old(will be 36 very soon!). He prescribed AndroGel 1.62% at two pumps per day and labs in August before follow up in September.

That is when I decided to go with Defy Medical. The problem I am having is I did not expect the initial consult to be so far out(four weeks) on June 6th.

Should I use the AndroGel in the meantime? I don't want to make any mistakes and create problems for myself or Dr. Saya when the times comes to attack my low T.

Here are some of the pertinent labs:

Test on April 14, 2016 - 245 (249-836) Test on April 28, 2016 - 259 (250 - 1100)
TSH 1.59 (0.45-4.70)
Total PSA 1.0 (0.00-4.00)
FSH 1.7 (1.0-8.0)
LH 4.8 (1.7-8.6)
Prolactin 10.38 (1.61-18.77)
Free Test 54.9 (35-155)

I will have my Estradiol Sensitive and DHEA-S results tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Here are the results from labs taken 5-5-16:

DHEA-S 165 (102.6-416.3)
Estradiol Sensitive 18.9 (8-35)

xmd33x

What was your decision regarding Androgel? Did you use it?

Yes, 2 pumps per day on the shoulders as directed.

BTW...Since this is supposed to be for clinic reviews etc...I should mention Defy and the staff I have interacted with has been great so far. The only knock as I mentioned before is the lag time between getting setup and the initial consultation.

However, I understand this is a testament to how popular they are and the quality of service they provide. In the grand scheme of things it is a minor trade-off.

xmd33x

Be careful what you wish for...

So I turned 36 yesterday and received a birthday "tele-gram" from Defy which was great.

Today, my birthday wish came true (not being serious). My June 6th appointment with Dr. Saya has turned into a May 24th appointment with Dr. Crisler.

I know Dr. Saya seems to be the more popular choice. What do you guys think might be different in their recommended protocols?

I'm sure there are plenty here on supervised TRT with Dr. Crisler, anyone care to share their experience?

CoastWatcher

So I turned 36 yesterday and received a birthday "tele-gram" from Defy which was great.

Today, my birthday wish came true (not being serious). My June 6th appointment with Dr. Saya has turned into a May 24th appointment with Dr. Crisler.

I know Dr. Saya seems to be the more popular choice. What do you guys think might be different in their recommended protocols?

I'm sure there are plenty here on supervised TRT with Dr. Crisler, anyone care to share their experience?

Back on the first of May Dr. Saya posted the following, in response to a question similar to your own.

"A common question lately and there is really no wrong choice. My goal as Medical Director is for your experience to be the same either way you go...in other words, for you to have a GREAT experience regardless of the choice of initial doctor. We are on the same team and ultimately will do our very best to get you to the same place...success. If you have a preference one way or the other, that is fine as well."

Read more at: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...irst-steps-for-Defy-Medical&p=38749#post38749

xmd33x - Dr Crisler is great and our protocols are very similar, with some very minor variations. Most importantly, both of us treat each patient as an individual case and customize the protocol specifically for you. It is my hope as Medical Director that you will find your care with EITHER of us to be excellent and surpassing your previous experiences (if relevant) with physicians in our field.

With that said, it sounds from your post as if this change was made without your initiation...was this your choice for an earlier appt or was your appointment changed by staff independent of your initiative?

xmd33x

xmd33x - Dr Crisler is great and our protocols are very similar, with some very minor variations. Most importantly, both of us treat each patient as an individual case and customize the protocol specifically for you. It is my hope as Medical Director that you will find your care with EITHER of us to be excellent and surpassing your previous experiences (if relevant) with physicians in our field.

With that said, it sounds from your post as if this change was made without your initiation...was this your choice for an earlier appt or was your appointment changed by staff independent of your initiative?

I asked to be added to the "wait list" in case of cancellations etc. I was contacted today and informed Dr. Crisler had a slot so I elected to switch since it was two weeks sooner.

Apologies for the confusion.

xmd33x

Back on the first of May Dr. Saya posted the following, in response to a question similar to your own.

"A common question lately and there is really no wrong choice. My goal as Medical Director is for your experience to be the same either way you go...in other words, for you to have a GREAT experience regardless of the choice of initial doctor. We are on the same team and ultimately will do our very best to get you to the same place...success. If you have a preference one way or the other, that is fine as well."

Read more at: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...irst-steps-for-Defy-Medical&p=38749#post38749

Thanks, Coast.

I did read that thread and several of the other recent ones.

To be perfectly honest, initially I only decided on Dr. Saya due to the perceived popularity over Dr. Crisler. Because that is really all I had to go on.

Now that I switched due to being impatient, I'm curious to hear more from Dr. Crisler's patients.

I asked to be added to the "wait list" in case of cancellations etc. I was contacted today and informed Dr. Crisler had a slot so I elected to switch since it was two weeks sooner.

Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks for the clarification xmd33x!

I wanted to make sure my staff didn't change your appt without your consent.

All is well and welcome aboard!

xmd33x

Dr. Saya, thanks again and I will report back next week with my recommended treatment.

Had my consultation with Dr. Crisler today. Here's my protocol:

-70mg Test Cyp twice a week

-500IUs HCG twice a week (day before T shots)

Dr. Crisler was very professional and seems to genuinely care about helping me get healthy. I am very pleased to be on the Defy team!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me