New member blood test results questions for the experts

Buy Lab Tests Online

Imazephed

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am 44 and by chance my cardiologist did blood work on me and had my testosterone levels checked and they came back low. He sent me to a urologist who did more blood work and it came back low also. He offered to start me on testosterone but I asked if maybe we could figure out why I am not making it on my own and he referred me to an endocrinologist.

The endo did more test and says that I am borderline low and he referred me to a sleep dr to see if my sleep is causing my low testosterone. That appointment isnt for two more weeks. I had a sleep study done six months ago and I sleep with a cpap machine. I gave him my sleep study but he still wants me to see this dr. I do not sleep a lot (5 hours a night average 6 every now and then) but the sleep I get is good sleep and I am no longer tired during the day since starting cpap.

Not so sure I am seeing the best dr what do you guys think? What do you think my next course of action should be? Should I keep on with this endo or find a new guy or go back to the urologist and let him start me on hrt? I have read a lot here the last few days and no dr has discussed most of the things that are here on the forum like HCG or HGH. I kind of feel lost with all the info here yet the dr's dont even mention any of these things. Seems like if this is your business you should be up to date on what it takes to best treat it.

Thanks
Jason

[/FONT]

Attachments

• dr moralles test results.jpg
    dr moralles test results.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 200
  • testosterone 1 6 16 dr watson-1.jpg
    testosterone 1 6 16 dr watson-1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 270
  • testosterone 1 6 16 dr watson-2.jpg
    testosterone 1 6 16 dr watson-2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Testosterone Dr Frieze 1st time.jpg
    Testosterone Dr Frieze 1st time.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Dr Frieze sbh.jpg
    Dr Frieze sbh.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 411
  • Dr Fieze Iron.jpg
    Dr Fieze Iron.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 208
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Your average Endo or Primary Care doc is typically decades behind the times when it comes to TRT. Best bet would be to get a consult with Defy Medical as you can use the tests you already have (if they are under 3 months old) and get their opinion. They are TRT experts, they do great work and they won't try to twist your arm into starting TRT if it's not right for you or try up up-sell you on anything. You may be able to re-start normal T levels with Clomid, or TRT may be right for you - either way, you will find out.

CoastWatcher

Finding the right doctor to help you manage a TRT protocol is the biggest single challenge most of us face when we confront the fact that we are hypogonadal. If your instincts are pushing you toward seeking care elsewhere, heed those feelings. You may be able to find capable medical care locally, and I would urge you to consider that, but it is worth your time to investigate the large, national practices. It is only a phone call.

Imazephed

Will my insurance pay for a large national practice that is not local? How does that work? I never thought about seeing a dr that I did not actually see in person. How do you guys who do this like it?

CoastWatcher

Will my insurance pay for a large national practice that is not local? How does that work? I never thought about seeing a dr that I did not actually see in person. How do you guys who do this like it?

Use the search feature on the site - countless testimonials to Defy Medical. Their medical director, Dr. Justin Saya, regularly posts here - search his name to get a sense of the man. Then go the website http://www.defymedical.com. Any questions you still have after that review can be answered by calling them.

I should point out out that I am not a Defy patient, but would turn to them if circumstances changed.

Imazephed

Ok I have done some more reading and now understand a little better about Defy. I have begun a correspondence with them and am reading over the info they sent me.

From what I see the cost of labs and visits is very reasonable. The thing I would most care to know is the actual cost of Testosterone and HCG that I will most likely require. For you guys who are patients what kind of money can I expect to spend on a monthly basis for t and hcg?

I could probably search this information out but since I already have this thread started and all of my questions seem to be rather easy for you guys to answer. I am really warming up to the idea of Defy if this endo I am seeing doesn't make me feel better about his knowledge of hrt. Thanks for all the info

The thing I would most care to know is the actual cost of Testosterone and HCG that I will most likely require. For you guys who are patients what kind of money can I expect to spend on a monthly basis for t and hcg?

Test and HCG is very reasonably priced at Defy. A 10mL vial of Test Cyp costs about $129, and an 11,000 IU vial of HCG costs about $70. They will last you 2-3 months each, depending on your dosage.

Imazephed

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I have Humana insurance and just checked their covered prescription list and it covers these

testosteron cyp 1,000 m g/10 m l MM

testosteron enan 1,000 m g/5 m

testosterone cyp 200 m g/m l MM

are any of these the one I would most likely be prescribed

anastrozole 1 m g tablet MM is also on their covered medicine list

I do not see HGC anywhere so I guess they do not cover it. My question is anyone have experience with being reimbursed after coming out of pocket for these? I dont want to pay for something that I could get locally and it be paid for by my insurance but not be paid for since I am ordering it online. I dont mind paying upfront as long as I get reimbursed later. Anyone dealt with this? It seems like a lot of hassle. It looks like Defy will not write you a prescription to have filled locally. Can anyone tell me why that is an issue. Maybe its a law thing I dont know but it seems like they should be able to call in a prescription to your local pharmacist that accepts you insurance as payment.

I am sure learning a lot more today than I have learned in the last six months seeing dr's locally. Thanks everyone for the help

ERO

Several states have laws about using out-of-state prescription for controlled items like Testosterone. Between varying state laws and insurance companies - which want to minimize their payouts in order to maximize profit - it gets complicated. Many if not most of us go out of pocket because there is no such thing as "good enough" TRT care which is what you will have with insurer-covered care. You can forget about HCG (Its off-label for TRT) just for starters.

However, you may be able to get a Test prescription from a local Doc (which would be covered) and then get your HCG and consults from Defy thereby minimizing your out of pocket and still getting HCG and consults with a cutting edge TRT provider.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me