Estradiol's Role on Hematocrit? "Study"

Buy Lab Tests Online

luismota

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks Luis. Great paper.

"In this nationally representative sample of men, we found that men with clinically low free testosterone levels had lower hematocrits than men with the normal range of free testosterone. We also observed that high total and free estradiol concentrations were associated with high hematocrit. In addition, both low and high SHBG levels were associated with low hematocrit; the association between high SHBG level and low hematocrit was similar when the analysis was restricted to men aged ≥50 years, whereas the association between low SHBG level and hematocrit was nonsignificant. "

PAUL-E

good information just wanted to ad there might be a correlation between estrogen and homocysteine.
Fasting total homocysteine concentrations were significantly reduced by combined estradiol-progestogen replacement. Women with high homocysteine levels at baseline benefit the most. The progestogens used in this study did not have an unfavorable effect on homocysteine metabolism.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10511346
CONCLUSION:

Our data suggested that hormone therapy (unopposed estrogen or estrogen associated with progestin) may have a positive influence on decreasing cardiovascular risk due to a significant reduction in homocysteine levels.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4424426/
These are study's in women I couldn't find any for men but I think its important not to crash your E2 as well in other words balance is key. Does anyone have any idea what kind of effects progestin alone has on hematocrit and homocysteine?

Last edited by a moderator:
My elevated HCT has been remarkably controlled since I went back to .15mg Anastrozole E3.5D and replaced TD DHEA/Preg with oral micronized. I was "due" to donate blood and ended up with a CBC anc CMP thru my nurse practitioner. Results came back HCT 49...I last donated in Feb (I think) not longer thereafter made the change. My E2 had been consistently very high, 50s and 60s while on that TD regimen. Now that my E2 is down, so is my HCT.

PAUL-E

My elevated HCT has been remarkably controlled since I went back to .15mg Anastrozole E3.5D and replaced TD DHEA/Preg with oral micronized. I was "due" to donate blood and ended up with a CBC anc CMP thru my nurse practitioner. Results came back HCT 49...I last donated in Feb (I think) not longer thereafter made the change. My E2 had been consistently very high, 50s and 60s while on that TD regimen. Now that my E2 is down, so is my HCT.

I am interested to see how mine reacts. I was unintentionally under dosing my AI (exemestane) I thought I was taking 3mg a day but it turned out to be between .5-1 mg a day instead. I crush my pills and forgot to account for the filler I weighed 1 pill then weighed my micro scoop and did the math and figured it out.

stephanfresco

HI VINCE

i always did trt with ai with 2 INJECTION PER WEEK,BUT in december this year,i tried once per week protocol without ai and with very low ai after that, cause bloat ,bad feeling etc!!! FOR THE FIRST time i started to have high hematocrit.

i suppose its the test peak without ai the root....and so estradiol as well

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching