Labcorp Alternatives When Working With Defy

Buy Lab Tests Online

sustainedenergy

I am thinking about switching to Defy for my treatment based on all the feedback I see on here but there are no Labcorp facilities in my state and it'd be a 4-5 hour drive to the nearest one. Do they use or approve of any alternative blood testing companies?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Call Defy. Explain the situation. I am sure they have arrangements to accommodate patients such as yourself since they draw patient base spans the country. I am not a Defy patient, but have spoken to them - questions are cheerfully responded to.

Weasel

I was just in that situation monday when i had my defy consult. I had just gotten labs done locally as my closest defy is 6hrs away.

Dr Saya didnt have a problem with any of my labs. Even my e2 which ended up not being the sensitive essay.

bako

I have my local DR. Order the labs defy wants. That way my insurance covers it. It's no skin off his nose. He doesn't want to treat me for hormone issues, but he is aware that I am a defy patient and I need his help with the labs.

I use Quest but my insurance pays for that 100%/no deductible/no co-pay. I just tell Defy what I want and they write me a paper script I take to my local Quest patient service center. Discountedlabs is tied to Labcorp and being tied to Defy I'm not surprised that they route to Labcorp. If you have any health insurance look in to if you have a coverage called a "Lab Card". Thats what I have thru my insurance carrier it's good at Quest, but not LabCorp.

sustainedenergy

Thanks, there is actually a Quest lab within 10 mins from me so that would be awesome. Just scheduled my initial consult with Dr. Saya for the beginning of June.

Re-Ride

I have my local DR. Order the labs defy wants. That way my insurance covers it. It's no skin off his nose. He doesn't want to treat me for hormone issues, but he is aware that I am a defy patient and I need his help with the labs.

Same here but doc states that he's getting flack for ordering "unnecessary" tests. The ordering physician is required to code lab orders with the correct diagnostic code for it to be covered. That's not as easy as it sounds as there are multiple codes for essentially the same thing. Secondly, whoever diagnosed the hypo-G and prescribes the HRT should make sure the primary is cc'd all relevant charts which must then be transcribed to the local medical record.

Inter-office bureaucracy can be HELL especially with LABCORP. YMMV. I've used one location for 28 years that was fantastic, never a problem. A few months ago that all changed. A month went by and still I hadn't been resulted. No record of the draw they said. I didn't exist in their system. Two weeks of digging and I'm finally told: "Your doc wasn't signed up so everything was sent to S.Diego".

The b.s didn't end there. "Results can only be released to the ordering physician" LABCORP actually had the audacity to cite "this is to protect the doctor's financial interests." I had to get their West coast compliance office involved. 40 hours of telephone time and weeks later everyone was resulted. A few of the these results were were so out of line that we decided to toss everything. I'm done with LABCORP. YMMV.

Discounted Labs labs is a huge step in the right direction and an important resource for many. Everyone's situation is different. If you go with the above plan understand that the treating physician can not use your copy of the results. They must com directly from LABCORP or the ordering physician. If your HRT prescribing physician is told by LABCORP that he can't have them ( because labcorp hasn't yet gotten around to re-training their people as promised that they MUST result any doctor treating you, no HIPAA release required) your only recourse will be to contact your regional LABCORP compliance officer.

maxadvance

I know I am going to sound like an ******* (I am usually very polite as you all know), but I am getting tired of ExcelMale becoming the customer service department of Defy Medical.

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT DEFY MEDICAL SERVICES CALL THEM AT (813) 445-7342

Lol, I just dropped $280 for bloodtests with Discounted labs and guess what? I just got a free consult with a RN from Defy! Nelson, who should I ask for? :rolleyes:

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me