Completed first steps for Defy Medical

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pranayama

Some delays today with my blood donation. I went to the Blood bank and they only do the therapeutic donation every Tue, We'd, Thur. I do a have a therapeutic blood donation form on file for whole blood only once per month. They rejected me to just donate, so that was not happening either due to my high hematocrit. I was thinking I could do the double red donation with the form but they said no, that's only for regular whole blood donation.

So, I have emailed Defy asking for a one time RX for Double red cell donation as requested by Dr Saya. The Defy office is closed, but I have sent emails to the main email and Adam, who I have been communicating with. So, it will be done Tuesday hopefully.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Pranayama

Update: The Defy staff and Dr. Saya were very prompt in getting me the form and RX for the Double red donation Monday. Form was faxed so after it processes I am good to go for the double red donate. The blood gods have been testing me the last few days but I am almost there...It's quite a relief after you have donated when you have high hematocrit. You feel much better and less pressurized.

And from the article posted in another thread I started, I read about blood donation and it appears to have many benefits for health. I forwarded a copy of it to my wife. She has always been afraid to donate blood, so maybe this will help her get over that fear.

Last edited:

ERO

FWIW - I donate every 8 weeks year around - the Red Cross comes to my workplace, so its dead easy for me - and even though my hemocrit is not dangerously high, I always feel slightly better after I donate. Its purely anecdotal, but fits with the article on the benefits of blood donation posted in another thread.

Pranayama

Finally got the ball rolling, and the hematocrit dropping, and did a whole blood donation today. I will be doing another one next Tuesday, and then will wait about 10 days to do CBC labs for Defy to see where my hematocrit and hgb is at. I had good news at the blood bank before I donated: My hematocrit was 55, as opposed to my last labs which showed 56.7. I feel better already after getting out a pint of blood.

I am also being mindful and pushing extra H20 throughout the day for maximum hydration.

almsgt

Pranayama , I'm a Defy patient and have had the pleasure of being treated by both DR SAYA and DR CRISLER. Your in excellent care with either one, the level of expertise both of these MD's have TRT is unparalleled. I suffered for over 6 years in my TRT in NYC, most doctors are inept or lack the understanding on how to treat a male on TRT. They treat a number as opposed to treating the patient. My experience with Defy has been absolutely amazing, during my first three months of care I was feeling like my old self. My T levels went from 450-524 to the mid 800, what difference that has made in my life. The comprehensive treatment I received from DEFY included Test Cyp 180 weekly, DHEA and pregnenolone and HCG for my testicular atrophy . In addition because of the constant monitoring DR SAYA saved my life, he noticed a significant blood loss in my labs AND CALLED ME IMMEDIATELY and told me I was bleeding in my G.I. tract. I went to the Gastro Doc to get a colonoscopy and he found 4 polyps two that were bleeding. The Gastro doctor told me that I could've bled out and that I was lucky that MY DOCTORS AT DEFY DISCOVER the loss.

ERO

Nice work! Yes, I always feel better after donating a pint instead of feeling weak or dizzy as the Red Cross always warns you about. I am sure that varies from person to person.

Pranayama

That's amazing almsgt. Thank you for sharing. The older I get the better my sense of " this feels right " gets. And that was a combo of logic and gut saying Defy is the way to go for me. I am glad you resonated with the good Docs of Defy and got your vitality and health back. If only more knew about the level of care they could get with the top TRT docs, we would have greater numbers of happier and healthier guys out there on TRT.

Ero: My sentiments exactly....I feel good after donating blood. Perhaps a smaller person with lower hematocrit levels would have these issues more often with dizziness and weakness.

Pranayama - GREAT work getting the ball rolling and dropping some blood. A little more to go and you'll be all set for now!

Almsgt - thank you for that reflection! I know who you are based on that story...remember it vividly. Hope you are well, my friend!

Pranayama

Good news today ! I had my consult with Dr. Saya. It was very informative, educational and satisfying as Dr. Saya answered all of my questions. He has recommended several things for me to supplement with in addition to the TRT protocols: 1) MWF Test inj. 50mg each inj. For a total of 150 mg per week. HCG on these same days: 250iu for a total of 750iu per week.

He does not want me to start Arimidex at this time as my Estrogen levels were on the lower end. We will wait and see where it is at on follow up labs later. I will be in his words " walking a tightrope " which relates to low iron levels and my propensity for elevated hematocrit levels when using test. For supplements he has advised me to work my way up to 1000mg of niacin. I already take about 200mg daily, but he said for helping to improve my cholesterol Levels, this is the effective dose. I will also be taking Vitamin C twice daily with food, and doubling up my fish oil supplement twice daily.

I am now waiting for the Defy Nurse to call and to get the medications ordered. I am very happy, thankful and ready to get started with it all ! I now feel like I am getting the proper care for HRT. I will keep everyone updated on my progress. Thanks to all on this forum who answered my questions and provided feedback.

I will be doing follow up labs in two months, which should be very revealing and interesting.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Good news today ! I had my consult with Dr. Saya. It was very informative, educational and satisfying as Dr. Saya answered all of my questions. He has recommended several things for me to supplement with in addition to the TRT protocols: 1) MWF Test inj. 50mg each inj. For a total of 150 mg per week. HCG on these same days 250iu for a total of 750iu per week.

He does not want me to start Arimidex at this time as my Estrogen levels were on the lower end. We will wait and see where it is at on follow up labs later. I will be in his words " walking a tightrope " which relates to low iron levels and my propensity for elevated hematocrit levels when using test. For supplements he has advised me to work my way up to 1000mg of niacin. I already take about 200mg daily, but he said for helping to improve my cholesterol Levels, this is the effective dose. I will also be taking Vitamin C twice daily with food, and doubling up my fish oil supplement twice daily.

I am now waiting for the Defy Nurse to call and to get the medications ordered. I am very happy, thankful and ready to get started with it all ! I now feel like I am getting the proper care for HRT. I will keep everyone updated on my progress. Thanks to all on this forum who answered my questions and provided feedback.

I will be doing follow up labs in two months, which should be very revealing and interesting.

thanks for the update :)

Pranayama

Update: I just got off the phone with Defy staff. Meds have been ordered ! I chose overnight of course, as I am eager to start asap. He said the Compounding Pharmacy will take a day or so to produce the products and that it should be here Monday.

Cost of medications: Test Cyp: 10ml vial 129.00$ -- will last 13 weeks.

HCG: 11,000 70$ -- will last 80 days.

Your welcome Vince. Costs, in my opinion, are very reasonable considering I am not using insurance.

Vince

Super Moderator
Update: I just got off the phone with Defy staff. Meds have been ordered ! I chose overnight of course, as I am eager to start asap. He said the Compounding Pharmacy will take a day or so to produce the products and that it should be here Monday.

Cost of medications: Test Cyp: 10ml vial 129.00$ -- will last 13 weeks.

HCG: 11,000 70$ -- will last 80 days.

Your welcome Vince. Costs, in my opinion, are very reasonable considering I am not using insurance.

I also use Defy Medical, and pay everything out of pocket.

Pranayama

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Pranayama

Latest labs, 2 months after starting with HRT treatment with Defy. Some notes: Cholesterol level is better than last labs so the Niacin appears to be helping although the the HDL was lower this time. Iron still low. Hematocrit going back up. Last lab before this it was around 46 after blood donations. Estradiol was low last labs, but now it's high.

I do feel good overall. My excercise program is going well, and I have more strength and endurance. Things need tweaking and improvement obviously, and the low iron does not seem to be effecting my energy level. I have been eating more iron rich foods and taking vitamin c with it.

Last edited:

PAUL-E

At least your on the right path with any new protocol things take time to tweak.
have you been donating blood or therapeutic phlebotomy?
are you primary hypogonadism?
consider lowering your HCG dose.
I have a similar protocol to you very curious what my blood work will show

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel