Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protien

Buy Lab Tests Online

bako

I recently switched Whey powders after discovering labdoor.com. They test supplements and this one rated very highly. There are several great whey products out there, unfortunately there are many more that are absolute junk. I encourage you to do a bit of research to find out how your protein powder rates. Anyway, I picked the Optimum Nutrition Whey and it's been a great choice. My 16yo son and I both think it taste great, and mixes well. I bought the chocolate flavor. I have tried many whey powders this one is my favorite. I was SUPRISED to find that the last several protein powders I had used were full of fillers and we're spiked with aditives. Especially since the last two were quite expensive. I highly recommend ON Gold Standard.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fireproof

Yes - I've been a big fan of Optimum Nutrition for many years now. Their Gold Standard Whey has been awesome and consistent, and it's great to see that it's high quality per Labdoor's assessment!

However - I get tired of the taste of certain brands after a while. So I periodically seek out different brands. Taste is very subjective as well, and some taste better than others.

Beverly International - though not rated on Labdoor - is very high quality and probably one of the best tasting I've had:
http://www.dpsnutrition.net/i/942/beverly-muscle-provider-choc-1-lb-14-68-oz.htm

My nephew has recently bought the MyProtein brand, which is rated an A on Labdoor - and he said it tastes great. So I'll probably try that one next.

NOW Foods has always been a great brand for quality supplements - so it's nice to see it play out that way on Labdoor.

ON has been the only Whey I've been using, tried a few other "natural", "denatured", "unflavored" brands out there and I just like ON Gold Standard for the flavor and only 2g of sugar. Most anything else I tried was heavy in sugar or just tasted plain awful. With ON it has enough flavor that it's easy to drink and has a little bit of the psychological "treat" response for me.

phunk311

I've been using ON exclusively and I think it tastes great.

If you want a real treat try this out:

Sludge
In a bowl:
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop ON (chocolate)
1 tsp peanut butter
Add coconut milk slowly and mix until consistency is how you like it

I've been using ON exclusively and I think it tastes great.

If you want a real treat try this out:

Sludge
In a bowl:
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop ON (chocolate)
1 tsp peanut butter
Add coconut milk slowly and mix until consistency is how you like it

I make a similar snack with peanut butter and honey, one scoop of ON. I add in some minichocolate chips, too.

personally i dont like gold standard whey i prefer scitec over many brands.. i dont know why gold standard and any ON product when open a brand new tub the sealing in side is not really sealed wonder if thats how it is all over the worldor just here and im buying it from the official distributer

Sakuraba39

Are you guys worried at at about the artificial sweeteners they put in a lot of these powders? I have used ON natural flavored for a long time, but now I'm switching to a brand that has only whey isolate and lecithin. It probably tastes like crap, but that's why I put berries in the shake.

Stpfan

I've been studying a lot of Whey Proteins.... and you simply can't go wrong with ON Natural formula. Simply one of the best... if not... THE BEST.

Rabbit91476

Vanilla ice cream from Costco mixed with 8-16 oz pink lemonade is my new post work out. Taste so good. Accident forgot and left in in freezer one day. Made a nice popsicle.

The chocolate I add to. Oatmeal with some blueberries for breakfast

BigTex

Give this place a try. Best Bulk Whey Protein | New World Nutritionals I go through 4 servings of whey protein a day so I need a lot. This place sells whey isolate very cheaply. I usually order the same product through Ebay and paid $111.97 for 15 lbs, shipping included. Quick turnaround (4-5 days).

@camygod, by all means, please tell us why whey is toxic.

Last edited:

camygod

Give this place a try. Best Bulk Whey Protein | New World Nutritionals I go through 4 servings of whey protein a day so I need a lot. This place sells whey isolate very cheaply. I usually order through the same product through Ebay and paid $111.97 for 15 lbs, shipping included. Quick turnaround (4-5 days).
@camygod, by all means, please tell us why when is toxic.

madman

Super Moderator
Whey is toxic

I hope Will does not see this!

*Current literature suggests the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-obesity, and blood-pressure-lowering effects of whey proteins

*Whey proteins are rich in essential amino acids and bioactive peptides.

BigTex

Las proteínas mejor ingerirlas en una dieta de forma natural
Sergio, have you ever lived on a farm? If you had you would understand that whey is about as natural as you get. My wife's grandfather use to take the milk from the cows and let it sour/curdle. It separates to a solid curd (casein) on the top and the liquid whey at the bottom. The top portion is strained to make cheese and the whey can be used to either cook or feed to the pigs. If you eat any dairy products you were most likely consuming whey and casein. To get whey powder you just have to dehydrate the liquid and put it in a blender to get a nice natural powder. My wife just did this yesterday with a gallon of whole milk. She got a 3/4 gallon of a real nice cheese and the other 1/4 gallon of liquid whey. I used it this morning to make pancakes. My wife even puts it in her coffee.

Here you go......1 quart of liquid whey and 2lbs of a nice white mozzarella cheese. Mozzarella chess goes for $7-$15/lb here in the USA so my wife made 2lbs out of a gallon of whole milk we paid $2.35 for. Plus, the quart of liquid whey that is very good to use with cooking.

You just don't get any more natural than this. My wife also makes Italian sausage and meats.

Here is a nice cheese ball and the Italian sausage is curing in the wine cooler.

Here is the small bowl of cream cheese

Whats left of a loaf of home made bread, using whey liquid. This is all natural food, no additives, no gums, it just doesn't get any better than this.

Last edited:

BigTex

Are you guys worried at at about the artificial sweeteners they put in a lot of these powders? I have used ON natural flavored for a long time, but now I'm switching to a brand that has only whey isolate and lecithin. It probably tastes like crap, but that's why I put berries in the shake.
I always try to find one that is unflavored.

camygod

It's not toxic I'm obviously being silly
Still don't think there is any positive for it either
Feel much better not having it in my diet
but what do I know

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones