No libido! decent T, high HT, high SHBG, low Vit D

Buy Lab Tests Online

MinD

So here is the deal. I have low libido and not really sure why. It started a year ago out of the blue and then I took one arimidex for 3 days to see if it'd help and I think that messed me up more. I saw a doctor and she doesn't really know how to solve this either.

I'm 40 - in shape with low body fat, good activity, decent cardio; eat very healthy (lots of veges, some meat and fish, etc...)
High Stress at work and life, 5 to 7 hours of sleep and I wake up throughout the night and have my entire life; high anxiety
I don't take any medications
I take a bunch of supplements; multi-vitamin, hyaluronic acid, green tea, vitamin c, reservatrol, tumeric, fish oil, CLA, Tocomin Suprabio (Vitamin E) and EDTA twice a month.
Took steroids when I was 19 to 21 years old, not since. I messed up my sex drive back then and a doctor gave me arimidex and hcg that fixed me
I've taken some IGF-1 DES3, Sermorelin, GHRP-6, Melanotan-II, Epitalon over the last year in small dosages (and not in 3+ months except for Epitalon)
Test is normal/low DHT is high, SHBG is high for my age, cortisol is high, FSH/LH is in range I think; uric acid, bilirubin and iron are high.
Is the problem my SHBG? If so, how do I lower, how do I fix?

Here is my bloodwork from last week
Testosterone Serum; 636, range 348-1197
Free Testosterone; 12, range 6.8-21.5
DHT; 101, "HIGH"
SHBG Serum; 47.2, range 16.5-55.9
DHEA Sulfate; 358, range 102-416
Estradiol; 24.7, range 7.6-42.6
Cortisol; 21.96, range 6.2-19.4
Prolacton; 4.9, range 2.1-17.7
Vitamin-D; 31.5, range 30-100
FSH; 6.9 ,range 1.4-18.1
LH; 6.9, range 1.5-9.3
TSH; 4.4, range .45-4.5
IGF-1; 165, range 83-233
IGFBP3; 4472, range 2571-5892
Uric Acid; 9, range 3.7-8.6 - HIGH
Bilirubin; 1.4, range 0-1.2 - HIGH
Iron; 189, range 38-169 - HIGH
HDL Cholestrol; 58 mg/dl (negative risk factor for CHD?)
Cholestrol and Trigylcerides are fine

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

First look, your vitamin D is low and your TSH is high. Do you live in a cold weather climate? Supplement your D intake? A more complete thyroid panel would be a good idea - T3, T4, RT3, and antibodies. A four-point cortisol check would yield more accurate information than the blood test you had run.

What made you think it was your estradiol that was causing your loss of libido? Have you documented high E2 in the past (via the sensitive test)? Are their erectile issues as well?

MinD

First look, your vitamin D is low and your TSH is high. Do you live in a cold weather climate? Supplement your D intake? A more complete thyroid panel would be a good idea - T3, T4, RT3, and antibodies. A four-point cortisol check would yield more accurate information than the blood test you had run.

What made you think it was your estradiol that was causing your loss of libido? Have you documented high E2 in the past (via the sensitive test)? Are their erectile issues as well?

How do you lower TSH? I live in Dallas, TX - tons of sun and warm/hot weather. I'm always hot though.. my body is like a furnace but I'm also a bit hyper and have anxiety which probably contributes to that.

Years ago when i was 22, a doctor did blood tests on me and got me on Arimidex to solve my issue.. so i thought maybe that would work again, prior to getting any blood tests.

I just started with 15,000 IU of Vit D today, so we'll see what happens.

CoastWatcher

How do you lower TSH? I live in Dallas, TX - tons of sun and warm/hot weather. I'm always hot though.. my body is like a furnace but I'm also a bit hyper and have anxiety which probably contributes to that.

Years ago when i was 22, a doctor did blood tests on me and got me on Arimidex to solve my issue.. so i thought maybe that would work again, prior to getting any blood tests.

I just started with 15,000 IU of Vit D today, so we'll see what happens.

TSH is a very blunt indicator that "something" with your thyroid needs attention. In the absence of more complete blood work, though, what that may be, and how to treat it is an open question. For that reason, you need to gather more data. As noted, T3, T4, RT3, and antibodies needs to be checked.

Last edited:

MinD

Ok, thank you!
Anything else you think I should test for?

Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH) - Evaluates overall thyroid function
Total Thyroxine (T4) - Measures the total amount of T4 produced by the thyroid gland
Free Thyroxine (T4) - Measures the amount of T4 available to the cells and tissues
Free Tri-iodothyronine (T3) - Measures the amount of T3 (the active form of the hormone) available to the cells and tissues
Reverse T3 - Measures the non-functioning form of the active hormone T3
Antithyroglobulin antibody (ATA) - Often measured along with TPO, these antibodies can attack proteins involved in the production of thyroid hormones rendering them dysfunctional
Thyroid Peroxidase antibody (TPO) - Often measured along with ATA, these antibodies can attack proteins involved in the production of thyroid hormones rendering them dysfunctional

CoastWatcher

Ok, thank you!
Anything else you think I should test for?

Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH) - Evaluates overall thyroid function
Total Thyroxine (T4) - Measures the total amount of T4 produced by the thyroid gland
Free Thyroxine (T4) - Measures the amount of T4 available to the cells and tissues
Free Tri-iodothyronine (T3) - Measures the amount of T3 (the active form of the hormone) available to the cells and tissues
Reverse T3 - Measures the non-functioning form of the active hormone T3
Antithyroglobulin antibody (ATA) - Often measured along with TPO, these antibodies can attack proteins involved in the production of thyroid hormones rendering them dysfunctional
Thyroid Peroxidase antibody (TPO) - Often measured along with ATA, these antibodies can attack proteins involved in the production of thyroid hormones rendering them dysfunctional

A four-point cortisol test and (for reference) a psa.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Testosterone is only one factor related to sex drive

sex drive factors.jpg

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel