TRT & Recovering Fertility

Buy Lab Tests Online

Chase Smith

Hi all,
I've learned a lot from Nelson's content and the forum members over the last several weeks - thank you for all the information you put on here. This seems to be a recurring theme: I have questions about TRT and regaining fertility.
Background: I'm 35 years old.
June 2015: Tested due to the usual symptoms and the recommendation of a friend. T @ 213. I didn't expect that it would be that low.
July: Pelletted with BioTE.
August: 5-week checkup. T @ 1100.
September 2015: By week 8 after pelleting I feel amazing. I had no idea how bad off I was before. Wife decides she really is serious about having a third kid. We weren't really discussing it before, but why not?
October: T @ 660.
December: What a terrible month. As I transitioned from pellets back to my body's own T, I crashed pretty hard.
January 2016: I'm back to baseline based on how I feel by the second week of the month.
February: T @ 230.
March 31: Most recent sperm test (started testing monthly at the end of December). No swimmers.

I've read about men retaining fertility with TRT/HCG (Lipschulz (sp?)). Do you know of anyone who regained fertility by using HCG while on TRT? I haven't restarted TRT, but I would like to.
I've asked my BioTE doctor about it and I've started the consultation process with Defy, but I really don't want to pay for all the labs and the consult just to be told to wait for my body to recover on its own.
Any input would be appreciated. If I really have to wait I will, but I feel like crap. If there's a better answer out there I figured you guys would know.
Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

It is possible, although its probably fair to say that it may not be possible for everyone - we are all a bit different in how we react to TRT and HCG, etc...

Also, you can use your existing labs with Defy and just do the consult as long as the labs are within, I believe, the last 90 days.

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale - we're glad you're here. We have a member who recently posted that, despite being on TRT, his second child is due later this year, so it's certainly possible. ERO, however is correct to point out that each of us is different. Your experience with pellets is typical. It's not a TRT protocol that physicians considered to be at the cutting edge of androgen management embrace; it simply doesn't work for the patient.

Chase Smith

Thanks for the link, Vince. I've read that article and the abstracts of several of the studies. Lipshultz, specifically, offers good data that indicates fertility may be maintained with HCG. The difference I'm wondering about is if I might be able to resume TRT with HCG and regain fertility.
Other studies, and one in particular, show that men regain fertility after stopping TRT. Though it took 2 years for 100% of them to do so. That's a long time!

PAUL-E

I thought I would add this (the HCG dosing protocols seems high and I would worry about desensitization/damage to the laydig cells and E2 conversion):

Types of male fertility drugs
If your partner is facing male infertility due to abnormal hormone levels, his doctor may prescribe one of the following gonadotropin treatments.
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)
Gonadotropin treatment for men can include human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) injections of 1500 to 2000 IU about three times a week for up to six months. Your partner's blood testosterone levels will be monitored and adjusted if needed.

Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) works by prompting the testes to produce testosterone and sperm.
Human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG) with hCG injections
If your partner's sperm count has not improved after six to nine months of hCG treatment, your doctor may recommend human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG) with the hCG injections.
Recombinant human follicle stimulating hormone (rhFSH)
If sperm counts don't increase on hCG alone, another option to boost the effect of fertility drugs is to incorporate recombinant human follicle stimulating hormone (rhFSH).
Treatment with hCG (and hMG or rhFSH if necessary) is not a quick fix. This treatment can sometimes take as long as one to two years for a man to achieve normal fertility.
Gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH)
If your partner's infertility is a result of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism due to hypothalamic disease, he may start treatment with gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH). This medication is delivered via a portable pump that looks similar to a beeper with an attached needle and catheter. The drug is delivered through the pump via injected pulses into your body.
This can be a difficult form of male infertility treatment. It needs to be worn daily for one to three years in order to boost healthy sperm production.
Clomid
One of the most common fertility drugs prescribed to women, clomiphene citrate (Clomid) is another option for male infertility. The general dose for men is one pill of Clomid per day for about three to six months.
Clomid works for men by signaling the pituitary gland to produce luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), which communicate with the testicles in order to produce testosterone and sperm. However, while Clomid is very effective for many women, studies have shown that Clomid tends to have low success rates for men.
http://attainfertility.com/article/fertility-drugs-men

Outcome of gonadotropin therapy for male infertility due to hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19838805

Henry

I'm on TRT with hCG and I get sperm tests done every year. I started at 250m, went down to 50m after a year and now sit at 75m. Under 20m is considered sub fertile and I've been on TRT for 3 years. It lowered it for me but I'm still fertile with hCG

HealthMan

I'm on TRT with hCG and I get sperm tests done every year. I started at 250m, went down to 50m after a year and now sit at 75m. Under 20m is considered sub fertile and I've been on TRT for 3 years. It lowered it for me but I'm still fertile with hCG

Henry
What is your HCG dosage and frequency?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale