6 month blood work - going to twice per week - update

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jayko

Hi all - quick update on my recent doc visit today. Been on steady TRT since last September. 34 years old had the pit MRI etc when my inital tests came back at nearly zero last summer. Everything checked out and I was diagnosied with secondary idiopathic hypogonadism.

My protocol has been 140mg per week. Been feeling great but always looking to improve. Recently my anxiety has been coming back a bit, I've always had this so not sure if it's hormone related.

My results today were:

Testosterone - 1003 - borderline high but still normal
Free test - mid 300s - doc said I was borderline high
Estradiol - don't remember the number, doc said it was still in the upper range for normal but high
Hemocrit - 55ish - he said it was high but nothing crazy

My blood pressure came back at 160/82 and my resting heart rate was at 113! My blood pressure has never been high until now. I take a beta blocker on occasion when I do public speaking, and the endo recommended I maybe take a extended release propranolol everyday and see how my heart rate and blood pressure and anxiety react. I think I may have been nervous because when he put the blood pressure strap on my arm my heart started racing a bit.

I also asked and he agreed to go to 2 twice weekly injections (monday morning and Thursday night) and we lowered my testosterone to 120 per week (60 each time). I will also be taking and extended release 60mg propranolol everyday.

He also is checking my prolactin again and my thyroid just to see how my pituitary is functioning. I told him I really wanted to get to the bottom of why I had almost zero testosterone last summer, and he agreed and said we could but he said most likely whatever they find it will not change the protocol and it's up to me. I mentioned that I really want to get the TRT dialed in and then maybe try a restart in another 6 months to see what happens.

I'm also going in for my first phlebotomy tomorrow to try and get my hemiocrit lower a bit.

Just basically an update, but to all you experts out there does my protocol sound like a good step going forward and is there anything I should be considering? Thanks all!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hi all - quick update on my recent doc visit today. Been on steady TRT since last September. 34 years old had the pit MRI etc when my inital tests came back at nearly zero last summer. Everything checked out and I was diagnosied with secondary idiopathic hypogonadism.

My protocol has been 140mg per week. Been feeling great but always looking to improve. Recently my anxiety has been coming back a bit, I've always had this so not sure if it's hormone related.

My results today were:

Testosterone - 1003 - borderline high but still normal
Free test - mid 300s - doc said I was borderline high
Estradiol - don't remember the number, doc said it was still in the upper range for normal but high
Hemocrit - 55ish - he said it was high but nothing crazy

My blood pressure came back at 160/82 and my resting heart rate was at 113! My blood pressure has never been high until now. I take a beta blocker on occasion when I do public speaking, and the endo recommended I maybe take a extended release propranolol everyday and see how my heart rate and blood pressure and anxiety react. I think I may have been nervous because when he put the blood pressure strap on my arm my heart started racing a bit.

I also asked and he agreed to go to 2 twice weekly injections (monday morning and Thursday night) and we lowered my testosterone to 120 per week (60 each time). I will also be taking and extended release 60mg propranolol everyday.

He also is checking my prolactin again and my thyroid just to see how my pituitary is functioning. I told him I really wanted to get to the bottom of why I had almost zero testosterone last summer, and he agreed and said we could but he said most likely whatever they find it will not change the protocol and it's up to me. I mentioned that I really want to get the TRT dialed in and then maybe try a restart in another 6 months to see what happens.

I'm also going in for my first phlebotomy tomorrow to try and get my hemiocrit lower a bit.

Just basically an update, but to all you experts out there does my protocol sound like a good step going forward and is there anything I should be considering? Thanks all!

Your total testosterone, depending on your lab's range, is, more than likely, not "borderline high", but that would depend on the individual lab's standards. Can you post up your full blood work (with the ranges)? The same is true for all your labs - ranges provide a context for more thoughtful discussion. Do you know if he ordered the correct estradiol test (LC, MS/MS)? Splitting your dose is a reasonable thing to do, a good thing to do, but I don't understand one thing: what do you mean by wanting to "get the TRT dialed in and then maybe try a restart"? Are you on HCG?

maxadvance

I'd guess it's your hematocrit to blame, 55 is pretty high. I was in a similar boat, 56, and did a double red blood cell last week. But my resting heart rate was still 70-80, still high for me. I was 155/95, after the phlebo it was back to 130/80 within a few days. I'm still guzzling extra fish oil, CoQ10 and magnesium though, all BP lowerers.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me