Buy Lab Tests Online

PAUL-E

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]Cholesterol
[/TD]
[TD="class: valueCol"]217 mg/dL
[/TD]
[TD="class: rangeCol"]<200 mg/dL
[/TD]

[TD="class: srchbl, colspan: 3"]LDL Cholesterol is the primary guide to therapy.
The NCEP recommends further evaluation of: patients with cholesterol greater
than 200 mg/dL if additional risk factors are present, cholesterol greater
than
240 mg/dL, triglycerides greater than 150 mg/dL, or HDL less than 40 mg/dL.
[/TD]

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]Triglycerides
[/TD]
[TD="class: valueCol"]213 mg/dL
[/TD]
[TD="class: rangeCol"]0 - 150 mg/dL
[/TD]

[TD="class: srchbl, colspan: 3"]Fasting specimen
[/TD]

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]HDL Cholesterol
[/TD]
[TD="class: valueCol"]24 mg/dL
[/TD]
[TD="class: rangeCol"]>40 mg/dL
[/TD]

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]LDL Cholesterol Calculated
[/TD]
[TD="class: valueCol"]150 mg/dL
[/TD]
[TD="class: rangeCol"]0 - 129 mg/dL
[/TD]

[TD="class: srchbl, colspan: 3"]LDL Cholesterol is the primary guide to therapy: LDL-cholesterol goal in high
risk patients is <100 mg/dL and in very high risk patients is <70 mg/dL.
[/TD]

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]VLDL-Cholesterol
[/TD]
[TD="class: valueCol"]43 mg/dL
[/TD]
[TD="class: rangeCol"]0 - 30 mg/dL
[/TD]

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]Cholesterol/HDL Ratio
[/TD]
[TD="class: valueCol"]9.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: rangeCol"]0.0 - 5.0
[/TD]

I thought I was eating right.
Higher protein mostly meat.
Lower fat whatever's left in the meat after cooking( most fat drained out).
Carb sources brown rice, yams, sweet potato's, and greens.
cardio 4-5 times a week 30 min a day
and look at my lipid profile
I wanted to say thanks to Vince for pointing this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIOnLeriabA
Dr. Mark Hyman: Eat Fat, Get Thin, I watched all 3 videos.
I will give it a try incorporating more healthy fats into my diet
http://ecowatch.com/2016/01/02/mark-hyman-eat-fat-get-thin/2/

Avocados.
Nuts—walnuts, almonds, pecans, macadamia nuts, but not peanuts (one study showed a handful of nuts a day reduced death from all causes by 20 percent).
Seeds—pumpkin, sesame, chia, hemp.
Fatty fish, including sardines, mackerel, herring and wild salmon that are rich in omega-3 fats.
Extra virgin olive oil (a large study showed that those who consumed 1 liter a week reduced heart attacks by 30 percent).
Grass-fed or sustainably raised animal products (I recommend the Environmental Working Group’s Meat Eater’s Guide to eating good quality animal products that are good for you and good for the planet).
Extra virgin coconut butter, which is a great plant-based source of saturated fat that has many benefits. It fuels your mitochondria, is anti-inflammatory and doesn’t cause problems with your cholesterol. In fact, it may help resolve them.
I was worried I am or headed towards pre-diabetes, what do you think?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

How old are you? Family history of heart disease? As far as metabolic syndrome/insulin resistance/diabetes - what are your blood glucose and AIC values?

PAUL-E

Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Skeletal Muscle Health.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26610527
I am in my early 30's my mom had a stroke but was smoking since she was 16. My dad I couldn't tell you MIA.

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]Glucose
[/TD]
[TD="class: valueCol"]79 mg/dL
[/TD]
[TD="class: rangeCol"]70 - 99 mg/dL I don't remember if its fasted
[/TD]

Do you mean the A1c test? I've never had it

maxadvance

Your Triglycerides to HDL ratio is really bad. It is 7.4 to 1, ideally it should be 2 to 1. You need to take twice daily supplement of Omega-3's, preferrably 1500mg of EPA/DHA. 200 mg Daily of high absorbency CoQ10, and some L-Arginine would help too.

Saturated fats will raise your HDL, they are ok. But you need to layoff the sugars and carbs, especially when eating with fats and proteins.

PAUL-E

I wanted to try metformin for a short period of time but it was a no go.
the labs were from the last year so I need to check them again I am hoping for improvement.

Maxadvance thanks for the advice

Last edited:

maxadvance

I wanted to try metformin for a short period of time but it was a no go.
the labs were from the last year so I need to check them again I am hoping for improvement.

Maxadvance thanks for the advice

That fish oil supplement doesn't look very impressive, 1 pill is only 194mg EPA and 120mg of DHA. I would take 5-6 of those each a day. EPA is the primary inflammation fighter of the 2, so personally I prefer a super higher ratio than that. In fact I take three of these a day,

http://www.amazon.com/OmegaVia-Phar...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

epa.jpg

If you have a Trader Joe's near you - try their Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. I just bought two 16oz jars for $5.99 each.

My HDL is constantly below 40, but my totals are within range. I have a sweet tooth - and eat too many cookies. :)
Otherwise my diet was good. Skim milk, no cheese, no ice cream and eat lean meats and fruits vegetables. After watching Dr. Mark Hyman's videos - I decided to try it too. The last 2 days since buying the coconut oil - I have a full teaspoon before every meal. Tastes good, a little weird to swallow so much oil, but not bad and no digestive issues. I'm hoping this bumps my HDL. I will update in a month or so.

PAUL-E

I know the fish oil isn't that impressive I just like the company because of their full label discloser. I picked up some walnuts, pecans, avocado, and organic extra virgin coconut oil. Also a recent post on the board reminded me that my AI exemestane lowers HDL I have been crushing my pill and taking 3MG a day instead of the 6mg EOD figuring it would keep my levels more stable

Vince

Super Moderator
The A1C test is a common blood test used to diagnose type 1 and type 2 diabetes and then to gauge how well you're managing your diabetes. The A1C test goes by many other names, including glycated hemoglobin, glycosylated hemoglobin, hemoglobin A1C and HbA1c.
The A1C test result reflects your average blood sugar level for the past two to three months. Specifically, the A1C test measures what percentage of your hemoglobin — a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen — is coated with sugar (glycated). The higher your A1C level, the poorer your blood sugar control and the higher your risk of diabetes complications.http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/a1c-test/home/ovc-20167930

PAUL-E

Thanks Vince for the informative video.
I will be getting new blood work as soon as I get the orders. I will be checking lipids and A1C I will post the results when I get them.

Lancealot

Just a suggestion, I would read the book "The great cholesterol myth". You can read a short review of it in the book section of this forum. Really opened my eyes to the "facts" that we have been fed on cholesterol and especially statins. Best of luck

PAUL-E

Just a suggestion, I would read the book "The great cholesterol myth". You can read a short review of it in the book section of this forum. Really opened my eyes to the "facts" that we have been fed on cholesterol and especially statins. Best of luck
Thanks makes me feel a little better. I did the blood draw yesterday so hopefully I will get the results this week and post them.

PAUL-E

Lipid Panel
Cholesterol, Total 196 mg/dL 100 - 199 01
Triglycerides 198 High mg/dL 0 - 149 01
HDL Cholesterol 22 Low mg/dL >39 01
VLDL Cholesterol Cal 40 mg/dL 5 - 40
LDL Cholesterol Calc 134 High mg/dL 0 - 99
T. Chol/HDL Ratio 8.9 High ratio units 0.0 - 5.0
Hemoglobin A1c 4.9 % 4.8 - 5.6

I was hoping my HDL would go up more and triglycerides would go down more than they have hopefully with more time?

Last edited:
Paul-E,

While the numbers on your lipid panel aren't real pretty, they don't mean that you're going to drop dead tomorrow. Regarding the cholesterol myth...my Mom had total cholesterol of over 300, but was never fat and never had diabetes, and she lived to be 97 years old...(yes, I'm one of the resident "old guys" here on excelmale). You may be one of those guys that has a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol, and altering your diet will have minimal impact on those numbers. Live your life, eat as healthy as you can, and don't get too wrapped up on numbers.

Your glucose and A1C numbers are not indicative of someone headed towards type 2 diabetes. If fact, they are really good.

Just curious if you have any history of heart disease in your family? You don't smoke, do you?

PAUL-E

Paul-E,

While the numbers on your lipid panel aren't real pretty, they don't mean that you're going to drop dead tomorrow. Regarding the cholesterol myth...my Mom had total cholesterol of over 300, but was never fat and never had diabetes, and she lived to be 97 years old...(yes, I'm one of the resident "old guys" here on excelmale). You may be one of those guys that has a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol, and altering your diet will have minimal impact on those numbers. Live your life, eat as healthy as you can, and don't get too wrapped up on numbers.

Your glucose and A1C numbers are not indicative of someone headed towards type 2 diabetes. If fact, they are really good.

Just curious if you have any history of heart disease in your family? You don't smoke, do you?

Thanks my mom had a stroke in her 60s but smoked since 16, dad=MIA so I couldn't tell you on that side. I don't smoke or drink alcohol. I eat healthy and exercise. It could be genetic because my mom never had the best lipid profile and neither have I.

PAUL-E

I just started taking 100mg of COQ10

I have been thinking about cutting out carbs during the week.
Using this http://tools.acc.org/ASCVD-Risk-Estimator/ ASCVD risk estimator its says lifetime ASCVD risk is
36% calculated risk and 5% with optimal risk factors. what does that mean and how would I calculate risk factors I'm guessing family history but not sure how to apply it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me