Pregnenolone – By Gene Devine

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Pregnenolone - Why You Need It
Pregnenolone is a hormone that many Doctors and men are not familiar with or understand its role in the CHOL pathways but it’s critically important to our health as it is a "precursor hormone" to all other hormones in our body. Restoring Pregnenolone to optimal levels is important but seems to get the least attention by Doctors. Remember, the testes are the single largest producer of the hormone Pregnenolone. Pregnenolone is important for proper mental functioning and is the precursor to all of the steroid hormones found in the three CHOL pathways such as DHEA, testosterone, DHT, estrogen, cortisol...

So what are the benefits of Pregnenolone?
In our bodies Pregnenolone is synthesized from cholesterol (CHOL) via the P450scc enzyme. This critical hormone performs many functions in a man’s body, including:
· Promotes healthy brain function and protects against dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Many
men state feeling good when they start supplementing Pregnenolone.
· It can also prevent age related diseases and support the Central Nervous System (CNS).
· Boosts the immune system and increases energy production.
· Protects against coronary disease and improves heart health and can lower cholesterol levels.
· Enhances mood and relieves depression. Many men state their mood betters when they start
supplementation.
· Relieves arthritis pain!
· Fights the effects of fatigue and stress.

The optimal serum levels for Pregnenolone is 180 ng/dl for men. Pregnenolone can be purchased over the counter in a pill form (micronized slow release is the best for oral pills) or sublingual form in addition to transdermal applications. A typical dose is 50 to 200 mg daily best taken in the morning on an empty stomach (transdermal applied in the morning as well).

Pregnenolone is considered safe and because it converts to DHEA which supports all three metabolic pathways. The labs for testing Pregnenolone serum levels are wildly inaccurate and expensive so testing for serum levels is really no more than an estimate.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Great info Gene. I have been using a Pregnenolone creme now for approximately 4 months. I like the mood boost and somewhat calming effect it offers.

Last edited:

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
It has a calming effect because it activates receptor sites in brain cells for GABA (itself a calming agent), enabling more GABA to be absorbed by the cells.

I've been on it for about half of the time I've been on trt. I notice an even better sense of well being and other subtle improvements versus even HCG. I take controlled release tablet.

kyle

Just started a new nootropic stack (adrafinil, phenylpiracetam, and citicoline) and it has been the most productive day I've had in a while. Might have to add pregnenolone to help with the mood boosting...thanks for the info

Gianluca Bonetti

I'm using a 50mg trochee compounded by pharmacy, half before brekfast and half before lunch, helps with mood and I believe libido as well, by the way I saw Pregnenolone sold in supplement form as pills, much cheaper then the trochee I buy from pharmacy, is it worth to spend over $40 a month for it when pills are much cheaper?? my HRT is costing more and more

ERO

I would say "no" the pills work just fine and you can get a bottle of one of the better brands for like ten bucks.

Fireproof

Two questions:

1. One person mentioned bloat above. Does anybody else experience water retention while supplementing Preg? Would love to hear.

2. I have the Preg/DHEA combo. I've read somewhere else that if you have trouble sleeping, it can help if you take it at night. But I do NOT have any trouble sleeping, so is it better to take in the morning for mood-boosting during the day? Thoughts?

RMR

Having just come across this thread.
Can I take the Pregnenolone in the am and DHEA at bedtime? If I take 25mg of DHEA, how much Pregnenolone?
Thanks

Pregnenolone has a half life of 15 minutes in the body. It might be because your body quickly makes use of it than getting rid of it.
HCG tells your brain to release hormones that tells your body to convert cholesterol into Pregnenolone, primarily in the adrenal glands, but other places too. Or you can supplement with Pregnenolone, but due to its short half life, supplementing more than once a day is advised.
Excess Pregnenolone is converted to estrogen in men, which is then peed out. Pregnenolone primarily converts to dhea and progesterone in the brain and body (why supplementing with progesterone only leaves the brain without it), which converts to other hormones. Excess dhea converts to estrogen, which is peed out. Dhea also converts into about 50 other hormones, so it’s really important. All the hormones are pretty important. Brain fog typically comes from a lack of progesterone in the brain or low testosterone or high estrogen (which causes low testosterone symptoms in men where their bodies don’t regulate it anymore).
If you take dhea, you probably need less Pregnenolone. Once enough testosterone, progesterone, etc is made, the rest seems to go to estrogen, which your liver sends to be peed out.

Vince

Super Moderator
Having just come across this thread.
Can I take the Pregnenolone in the am and DHEA at bedtime? If I take 25mg of DHEA, how much Pregnenolone?
Thanks
yes you can split the dose that way, pregnenolone in the morning and dhea at nite. Some prefer to take dhea at nite for better sleep, dhea keeps me up at nite.

meelord

What is a good dose of pregnenolone? It seems to be all over the map (pills that is). Is 50mg too much? Should I take 5 mg? Advice please.

Vince

Super Moderator
What is a good dose of pregnenolone? It seems to be all over the map (pills that is). Is 50mg too much? Should I take 5 mg? Advice please.
I'm presently taking pure brand pregnenolone 10mg in the morning after my breakfast along with my 25mg of DHEA.

meelord

Awesome thanks Vince! You feel like you are realizing a tangible benefit from both? Pregnenolone kind of sounds like a wonder drug for those who react well.

Vince

Super Moderator
Awesome thanks Vince! You feel like you are realizing a tangible benefit from both? Pregnenolone kind of sounds like a wonder drug for those who react well.

I've always felt wonderful on trt. I really don't know if I'm receiving any benefit from supplementing with Pregnenolone and dhea. But I really enjoy my protocol and the whole try experience.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me