Sermorelin -What's Your Experience?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

3 years ago I used it for 6 months and really wish I had not wasted the money. It is expensive and you have to use it for 6 months to a year to even begin to maybe, if the lighting is just right, see or feel any difference whatsoever.

Vince

Super Moderator
The cost through Defy Medical is $165 per vial plus shipping. Minimum amount to use, is 500mcg. That will last one month. When your levels increase you will reduce injection frequency.

All indications are that it's not worth it. I don't think I've seen one person really rave about it. Anything less is either placebo effect and/or not backed by any kind of testing. It's a huge commitment in time, money, and supplies (needles).
It will certainly lighten your wallet.

chrismez

You could use the Peptide companies, but I tried the Ipam/cjc w/o dac from a couple different peptide sources. Gave me pretty bad gut issues. Spoke to my Doc about them and he basically said you have no clue what's in those bottles and who's making it.. Couldn't agree more

You could use the Peptide companies, but I tried the Ipam/cjc w/o dac from a couple different peptide sources. Gave me pretty bad gut issues. Spoke to my Doc about them and he basically said you have no clue what's in those bottles and who's making it.. Couldn't agree more

I had terible carpal tunnel like symptoms, really bad at night, think the worst way to sleep on an arm or something and it was so painful it would wake me. Common side with those peptides. I used them for maybe 3 months and gave it up.

What is Sermorelin Acetate?

Sermorelin(GHRH) is a peptide hormone that has recently been genetically engineered to stimulate the secretion of Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH) from the hypothalamus, a gland adjacent to the pituitary gland. GHRH is a peptide that contains the first 29 amino acids of our own GH. These 29 amino acids are the active amino acids of GHRH. It is GHRH that stimulates the pituitary glands to release GH. As we get older, the hormones produced by the anterior pituitary are depleted. It has now been shown that GHRH can restore the GH-RNA to a youthful level causing elevation of levels of IGF-1.

How does Sermorelin come?

Sermorelin is presented in a multi-dosed, injectable vial. Each vial contains a powder disc which contains 15mg (15,000 micrograms) of lyophilized Sermorelin Acetate. The vial is vacuum sealed by the pharmacy for your protection and for the preservation of the hormone peptide. Each Sermorelin vial also comes with a bottle of Bacteriostatic Water as a diluent. The Bacteriostatic Water is mixed with the Sermorelin to provide solution for injection .

How do I take Sermorelin?

Sermorelin is injected into the body fat, subcutaneously, using a very small needle similar to what a diabetic uses to inject insulin. Injections are initially prescribed for every day and are decreased in frequency over time.

When do I take Sermorelin?

The best time to take Sermorelin is prior to bedtime. Growth Hormone is primarily released during sleep and most beneficial to the body's recovery and repair during this time. Sermorelin has a promoting effect on sleep and can therefore make you tired if taken during the day.

How do you measure the effectiveness of Sermorelin?

Due to the pulsatile nature of both endogenous HGH and IGF-1, a single blood draw is not sufficient for accurate measurement. Most physicians who prescribe Sermorelin and similar peptides measure effectiveness in patients through symptomology (the study of your symptoms-see benefits); physical appearance and measurements; and blood analysis.

How will I know its working?

After 4 years of observing patients taking Sermorelin, I have noticed that patients usually report improved sleep within the first few weeks of therapy. Of course, this is only noticed in patients who have trouble sleeping in the first place, however most patients at least notice an increase in sleep quality. This is usually concurrent with increased energy levels and improved mood.
After 3-6 months of therapy patients start reporting noticeable or significant body changes, such as increase in muscle tone and a leaner physique.
Over time patients will also notice a significant improvement in skin tone and health.

How long does it take to work?

Just like most HGH medications, Sermorelin usually has a “loading” period of 3-6 months before full effects are noticed. Once injected, both Sermorelin and rHGH are eliminated from then body very quickly and therefore need to be injected frequently. Its actions are dependent on a chain reaction of biological processes which result in elevated and sustained HGH and growth factors. It takes some time for levels to become optimal and initiate the benefits we are seeking to achieve.

Do I need to take Sermorelin forever to keep seeing results?

Actually, no. Sermorelin has an ongoing effect in which optimal HGH levels can be sustained long after the last injection. Just like synthetic HGH, Sermorelin initially must be injected every day. Unlike synthetic HGH, once optimal levels are sustained with Sermorelin injection frequencies can be decreased or stopped altogether. Once results are achieved, patients are then switched to a maintenance protocol eliminating the need for ongoing daily injections and reducing the total cost of therapy!

Sermorelin Starting Dose: 500mcg-1000mcg (1mg) injected sc before bedtime.

Studies have shown that 1mg of Sermorelin will create maximum stimulation to the pituitary to create a good level of growth hormone within the pituitary. This dose should be used for approx. 6 months as the anterior pituitary is recrudesced. Therefore, a dose of aprox. 500mcg delivered sc each evening has been shown to provide maximum stimulation to the pituitary releasing optimum endogenous growth hormone. After aprox. 12 months of sermorelin injections, the patient can try reducing injection frequency to 1mg 2-3 times per week to maintain levels.

Sermorelin Dosing protocol for optimizing GH stimulation

Studies have shown that 1mg of Sermorelin will create maximum stimulation to the pituitary to create a good level of growth hormone within the pituitary. This dose should be used for approx. 6 months as the anterior pituitary is recrudesced. Therefore, a dose of aprox. 500mcg delivered sc each evening has been shown to provide maximum stimulation to the pituitary releasing optimum endogenous growth hormone. After aprox. 12 months of sermorelin injections, the patient can try reducing injection frequency to 1mg 2-3 times per week to maintain levels.

Again, because the manufacture of endogenous growth hormone by the pituitary is governed by a negative feedback loop, meaning that if the body recognizes that there is an optimum level of endogenous growth hormone being already being produced, then no matter how strongl stimulated by sermorelin, no more endogenous gh will be produced. Note that in truth, the relationship between sermorelin dosing and endogenous growth hormone production is not exactly linear. However, for purposes of discussion and materiality, the aforementioned relationships and limits between sermorelin and endogenous growth hormone are true. So it makes sense to utilize sermorelin to optimize growth hormone levels as determined by the patient's response itself rather than use exogenous growth hormone through either guesswork or extensive repeated testing.

Using Sermorelin Acetate will promote longevity and lifespan by increasing both production of Human Growth Hormone and increasing pituitary reserves of HGH. Sermorelin does not bypass the pituitary-GH axis therefore allowing control of IGF-1- fluctuating levels as needed to preserve health.

“Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone, called Sermorelin - may provide a superior product for endogenous production of hGH. Unlike exogenous recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH)that causes production of the bioactive hormone IGF-1 from the liver, sermorelin stimulates the patient's own pituitary gland by binding to specific receptors to increase production and secretion of endogenous hGH.”- Dr . Rand McClain, Sports Medicine Physician LA.

Summary of studies using Sermorelin (GHRH) in adults (dose 1mg per day) (from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2544358/) :

"Once daily GHRH injections can stimulate increases in GH and IGF-I at least to the lower part of the young adult normal range (Merriam et al 2000). The University of Washington study of 6 months treatment with daily bedtime subcutaneous injections of GHRH(1–29)NH2, alone or in combination with supervised exercise conditioning, was begun in response to the NIH initiative (Merriam et al 2002, 2003). IGF-I levels rose approximately 35%. As with GH, subjects showed an increase in lean body mass and decrease in body fat (particularly abdominal visceral fat). However, there was no improvement in strength or aerobic fitness associated with GHRH injections. Testing again confirmed the benefits of exercise but showed no effect upon IGF-I levels; thus it appears that GH/GHRH and exercise work through different mechanisms (Vitiello et al 1997). Subjects receiving GHRH also showed no change in scores on an integrated physical functional performance test mimicking activities of daily living, but there was a significant decline in physical function in the placebo group (Merriam et al 1997, 2003; Cummings and Merriam 2003). This tantalizing finding, suggesting that GHRH can stabilize if not improve physical function, needs confirmation. There is only one other published study of chronic GHRH in normal aging, which reported positive effects on exercise testing after 3 months of treatment (Veldhuis et al 2005).
Sleep and cognition were also studied in the GHRH trial, with surprising results. GHRH failed to improve and may even have impaired deep sleep, despite the rise in IGF-I and pulsatile GH. However, GHRH treatment was associated with improved scores in several domains of fluid (but not crystallized) intelligence – those measures previously found correlated with circulating IGF-I levels (Vitiello et al 2006). This intriguing preliminary finding is now being studied more systematically at the University of Washington in a new NIH-funded study (the Somatotrophics, Memory, and Aging Research Trial, or “SMART”).
Thus as with GH, there is a consensus on hormonal and body composition effects but inconsistent functional effects on function; and in addition there is a very encouraging but still unconfirmed positive effect on some domains of fluid intelligence."

Note: The above studies checked for IGF-1 at baseline and week 2. If IGF did not increase by at least 15 percent, they would double the dose. 83 out of 89 people did not require a dose adjustment. Average IGF-1 increase was 30 percent at the 1 mg per day dose.

Using Sermorelin to Decrease Body-Fat

Lipodystrophy is a medical condition that defines the rapid accumulation of adipose tissue (body fat) usually unevenly distributed in certain areas of the body (legs, hips, stomach, lower back). In basic concept, lipodystrophy is very similar to the increase in body fat experienced as we age, accumulating unevenly in different areas of our body. The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published a study in 2008 of the effects Sermorelin had on HIV positive men suffering from lipodystrophy.

The study concluded that patients provided the Sermorelin lost adipose (fat) and increased lean muscle, significantly improving total body composition.

Study Conclusion: GHRH was well tolerated and effectively increased levels of IGF-1 in HIV-infected men with lipodystrophy.

Total and regional body composition improved in response to GHRH, with increased lean mass and reduced truncal and visceral fat. Use of GHRH may potentially be a beneficial treatment strategy for this population. JAMA. 2004;292:210-218 www.jama.com

Sermorelin & Diabetes

Typically the blood sugar issues associated with “growth hormone” are caused by taking high dosages of synthetic HGH which result in a large, unnatural, bell-curve in IGF-1 (Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1). IGF-1 competes for insulin within the same cell receptors and therefore can lead to hyper or sometimes hypoglycemia. Diabetic patients would have a difficult time tracking their sugar and risk taking too much, or not enough insulin.

When it comes to Sermorelin, or even conservative dosages of HGH, there should be no detriment to blood sugar and insulin.

It is still important to instruct patients the importance of eating low glycemic for both the benefit of managing his diabetes, but also to maximize the effectiveness of the Sermorelin's coversion to IGF-1.

Sermorelin and all GH peptides work better in people who maintain lower blood sugar/insulin through a low glycemic diet.

Pfreed

Liver Enzymes elevated?

So I am a 53 yr old male who has been taking 30ML/day Sermorelin GHRP-2/GHRP-6 for about 2 months. I have also been taking testosterone for about 5 years. My AST/ALT numbers have been normal for years and even as late as one week prior to my first dose of sermorelin. The only thing that has changed in the last to months has been the sermorelin. A blood test revealed that I now have a AST of 126 and a ALT of 65, which are both out of the normal range. All other Hepatic readings are in the normal range. Has anyone else had this happen and was it related to the sermorelin?

almsgt

Didn't respond favorably to Sermorelin . initial bw showed my IGF-1 at 108, I was then prescribed by DEFY 1000 mcgs nightly. After 4 months of nightly injections and no carbs 3hours before bed my IGF-1 went to 138. Needless to say I was disappointed. I'm not sure what happened, but im not a fan of the APS pharmarcy that was used. I stopped buying it after the consult with DR Saya. I'm now using Sermorelin with Ghrp2 200mcg nightly and my sleep quality, skin and sex drive have improved nicely. I will be checking my labs in the future and hopefully my IGF-1 levels will improve. The new meds of Sermorelin with ghrp2 are provided by a local M.D. and not DEFY.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Well sermoreline worked for me. Leaned out really nicely and added on even more lean muscle mass. It works over time and it's not magic so one needs to have reasonable expectations...but it does work when used correctly.

LPJF

Nothing yet....it has been 2 weeks. Sermorelin alone...mine does not have ghrp 2 or 6....does that make a difference?

LPJF

How do you know if you are using it correctly? 5mg sermorelin with same amount of bac water (I do not have ghrp2 or ghrp6 mixed with mine) It has been 2 weeks and I do not see any difference. I use about 20 units on the needle. Thanks.

There's nothign you can use and look in the mirror two weeks later and ask if it's working. Sermorelin, and or ghrp2/6, et al.., are long term commitments. 6-12 months minimum.

Pfreed

FYI, I was retested and my AST and ALT are normal. My PSA has spiked but I do not believe it is related.
Thanks for the info fellas!

ebizrobson

What have you all heard about companies that sell sermorelin and other peptides as "research chemicals only"? (peptidesciences.com)
They are a lot cheaper but can they be trusted?

What have you all heard about companies that sell sermorelin and other peptides as "research chemicals only"? (peptidesciences.com)

Many of us obtain things we need and use that way, for a variety of reasons. I've not had a problem with peptides or research chems that I've bought.

CoastWatcher

Go to the Peptide folder or plug in an appropriate term in the Search box. You will find plenty of reading material.

Shane

Didn't respond favorably to Sermorelin . initial bw showed my IGF-1 at 108, I was then prescribed by DEFY 1000 mcgs nightly. After 4 months of nightly injections and no carbs 3hours before bed my IGF-1 went to 138. Needless to say I was disappointed. I'm not sure what happened, but im not a fan of the APS pharmarcy that was used. I stopped buying it after the consult with DR Saya. I'm now using Sermorelin with Ghrp2 200mcg nightly and my sleep quality, skin and sex drive have improved nicely. I will be checking my labs in the future and hopefully my IGF-1 levels will improve. The new meds of Sermorelin with ghrp2 are provided by a local M.D. and not DEFY.

Having higher levels of IGF-1 isnt necessarily a good thing. Chronic elevated levels of IGF-1 can lead to problems. My IGF-1 number was 90 last year this time. I started on Sermorlin but switched to ModGRF 100mcg and Ipamorelin 200 mcg prebed. Ipam is a third generation peptide and doesnt release as much cortisol and prolactin as ghrp2 and ghrp6. I have ghrp6 and I use it sometimes in the morning as I fast and moderately workout(brisk walk)to burn fat. Since cortisol levels are already higher in the morning, the effect is minimized. Im having blood work done in the next month or so but I dont expect my IGF-1 levels to be that much higher. Higher levels are achieved with HGH and/or multiple heavy daily doses of ModGRF/GHRPs. Dont focus on the number, just how you feel.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me