Cleveland Heart Clinic Labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
I was just wondering if anyone uses Cleveland Heart Labs http://www.knowyourrisk.com/ My clinic http://advlip.com/ will now be using them for all Labs. Will also check my LDL oxidation.

CHL is a spinoff of Cleveland Clinic, I know they do all the advanced tests and I believe they actually are the original developer and hold the patent on the test for the enzyme MPO - Myeloperoxidase

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

roadglide

I've used them before for VAP testing, and had many advanced inflammation testing done as well. I'm still working on getting my lipids in order. LDL, HDL, TRYG are good. LPa is still high. Heard HRT can lower LPa by 25% and I'm hoping so. My inflammation test results were stellar yet I have Calcium score over 1000. So who knows what level of CAD triggers a bad inflammation test?

If it would help I could post my labs.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've used them before for VAP testing, and had many advanced inflammation testing done as well. I'm still working on getting my lipids in order. LDL, HDL, TRYG are good. LPa is still high. Heard HRT can lower LPa by 25% and I'm hoping so. My inflammation test results were stellar yet I have Calcium score over 1000. So who knows what level of CAD triggers a bad inflammation test?

If it would help I could post my labs.

Most preventative cardiologist will tell you, if you slow the growth of plaque to 10% or less a year. You will never have a heart attack or stroke, because of the arteries restructuring themselves. Most uncontrolled plaque grows at 30% a year. I think it's almost impossible to lower LPa.

Vince

Super Moderator
Lowering LPa, you probably know all of this.
High-Dose fish oil--to provide 6000 mg per day of EPA + DHA
High-fat intake coupled with no grains, no sugars
Thyroid management, including maintaining ideal free T3 status

other nutritional and hormonal options, including N-acetylcytsteine, DHEA/testosterone, etc. they rarely add much.

Downside: This regimen takes up to two years to show substantial effect.

roadglide

Lowering LPa, you probably know all of this.
High-Dose fish oil--to provide 6000 mg per day of EPA + DHA
High-fat intake coupled with no grains, no sugars
Thyroid management, including maintaining ideal free T3 status

other nutritional and hormonal options, including N-acetylcytsteine, DHEA/testosterone, etc. they rarely add much.

Downside: This regimen takes up to two years to show substantial effect.

Hey thanks Vince, I just recently switched over to Sam's Club fish oil 900 its been approved by consumer labs. Think I'm taking about 7200 daily. I'll check when I get home. My last Dr who was pretty sharp preventative guy told me to back off and I did for about a year but now I'm back at it.

roadglide

Thanks Vince good video. I plan on sharing that with other family members. I've had many inflammation testing done by CHL and others and my Dr has said he has never seen such good inflammation numbers but yet I have calcium score over 1000 and 20-50% blockage per a CT angiogram in all three of my main arteries.

Kind of bummed today. My LPa is up 256 compared to 176 in October 2015. I didn't fast, but a quick internet search said fasting not required. Supposed to be less then 75 nmol/L

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
There is no question that thyroid normalization improves LDL and Lp(a) independent of niacin. People on niacin alone for years, only to experience marked improvement with thyroid strategies. The two combined can be additive, however. Also, not everybody responds, though the majority show at least some improvement.

Vince

Super Moderator
I think the ClevelandClinic is cracking with the introduction of Mark Hyman and functional medicine.
I would guess in another 10 years Nissen will be gone, and a new bunch of young cardiologists, who grew up listening to Hyman.

roadglide

I've been eating low fat, but on my way to San Francisco for the day to party it up with friends. I'll watch it when I get back. I'm meeting with a top notch research preventative cardiologist at Stanford university in June. I'll also ask him what he thinks of high fat diets.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been eating low fat, but on my way to San Francisco for the day to party it up with friends. I'll watch it when I get back. I'm meeting with a top notch research preventative cardiologist at Stanford university in June. I'll also ask him what he thinks of high fat diets.

roadglide, I switched to low carbs in 2010, I thought my cardiologist was full of BS. But I also thought I had nothing to lose. It was so hard for me to switch from low fat to low carb. The improvement on my lipid panel was unbelievable.
When you have time could you post the name of the preventative cardiologist you are seeing.

roadglide

roadglide, I switched to low carbs in 2010, I thought my cardiologist was full of BS. But I also thought I had nothing to lose. It was so hard for me to switch from low fat to low carb. The improvement on my lipid panel was unbelievable.
When you have time could you post the name of the preventative cardiologist you are seeing.

Driving through a dead spot just lost my long post. Let's try again.

I believe his name is spelled David Moran. Try Google his name and Stanford. My lipids have always been good. My LDL actually was too low on 10mg of Crestor. On 5mg my LDL 66, HDL borderline low or low at 40 I believe last test, triglycerides 36, but a high LPa. I believe the LPa and a poor blue collar lifestyle is what caused advance heart disease for my age. I'll ask this new Dr about diet recommendations. I eat a modified Mediterranean diet with some fat. Mainly fish and chicken breast. Little or no dairy.

Are you eating grass feed, clean, organic?

Vince

Super Moderator
I know I should eat grass feed beef but I don't, I usually eat only twice a day. During the week eggs, non-starchy vegetables, nuts, non processed cheese and turkey. I don't eat a lot of pork or beef, usually only on weekends.

Vince

Super Moderator
I got my results today, all my numbers look good. The one I was most interested in OxLDL was 35

OxLDL 35 LOW <60 U/L Based on a recent study of an 'apparently healthy' and non-metabolic syndrome population-1, the following cut-offs have been defined for OxLDL: A cut-off of <60 U/L defines a population with a low relative risk of developing metabolic syndrome, a range of 60 to 69 U/L defines a population with a moderate relative risk (2.8 fold) and >=70 U/L defines a population with a high relative risk (3.5-fold). (Reference: 1-Holvoet et al. JAMA. 2008; 299: 2287-2293.)

roadglide

CHL1.jpgCHL2.jpgCHL3.jpgCHL4.jpg

Vince

Super Moderator
In all honesty all of your numbers look really good too. When I get a chance I'll try to post all of my results ( numbers ).

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me