Psa

Buy Lab Tests Online

Zillo

Hi, I have been on TRT for six months at 200 mg testosterone ethanate a week along with HCG and anastrazole. When I started the program my PSA was at 1.2 and my last reading from two weeks ago was at 2.1. I have a family history of prostate cancer with my dad who got diagnosed last year at age 67. I went to see a urologist and he performed a prostate exam that he said was OK and suggested I stop taking everything and redo my PSA in one month. He thinks the elevation is due from my test levels at 933 and said it is to high. He suggest using a gel or the pellet injections so I can maintain a steady rate of testosterone that won,t go above a certain level. Of course this is on hold until my next PSA. Another issue I had was high blood pressure. 160/95 at its highest. My hematocrit increased form 47 to 49 which is still in range at the high-end. I donated blood and it did go down a little bit but still fluctuates up-and-down.
My question is if my PSA goes down over the month do you think it's a better option to do the pellets at a low dose for both my Prostate and my B/P?
thanks,
Matt

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

That is quite a jump in your psa. Is it your urologist who is managing your TRT, or someone else? If it is another doctor, can you arrange for them to talk to one another to coordinate your care and decide how you should move forward? My own doctor advises patients that she is available, and very much wants, to be involved in these sorts of discussions.

Last edited:
Whatever you do Matt, pellets are not the answer. This is a stone age protocol that has no place in modern TRT. Once pellets are implanted, you have no control over your Test levels...you're just along for the ride. You can't titrate down if your levels are too high, you're stuck with them.

Your Test level of 933 isn't too high. It's in the upper level of the normal range, and nowhere near supra-physiological levels. What exactly is your injection protocol? You're not injecting the entire 200mg of Test once a week, are you?

Zillo

For the first five months I was doing 200 mg once a week and yes all in one shot. For the last month I switched to 100 mg per week one injection once I noticed that my blood pressure was getting high.

Zillo

No DHT was not tested. I am considering to stop TRT all together. My concern with that is I have read reports that suggest a low level T can cause prostate cancer. I think I will see an endocrinologist if my PSA is still high after a month of no testosterone.

Zillo

No I was at Boston testosterone clinic and then just switched to Defy. I did blood work for them and they said to see a urologist for my PSA.

For the first five months I was doing 200 mg once a week and yes all in one shot. For the last month I switched to 100 mg per week one injection once I noticed that my blood pressure was getting high.

At least switch to a injection protocol that isn't outdated. If you're now down to 100mg/week, split that dosage into 2 injections of 50mg each every 3.5 days. Your levels will be more stable, and you will have less aromatization to deal with.

I wouldn't just stop TRT cold turkey if I were you. Your levels will crash, and you will feel like crap.

Go see your urologist, then consult with Defy. Good luck.

Zillo

Thanks. I will mention that protocol of 50 mg every 3.5 days and then monitor my PSA. Hopefully that will work because I really would hate to have to stop completely.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me