Long Term Low Dose hCG Health/Safety Concerns?

Buy Lab Tests Online

mopes

Any of you guys have concerns about using low dose hCG (~1000 IU or less per week) long term?

I'm comfortable with the risk/reward profile of Testosterone but having a more difficult time getting on board with hCG given the even more pervasive lack of data/long term studies.

Would like to add it to my TRT protocol but want to play devil's advocate first.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This study used 120 weeks.

Int J Androl. 1992 Aug;15(4):320-9.
Therapy with human chorionic gonadotrophin alone induces spermatogenesis in men with isolated hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism--long-term follow-up.

Vicari E1, Mongioì A, Calogero AE, Moncada ML, Sidoti G, Polosa P, D'Agata R.

Abstract
The effects of long-term (14-120 months) hCG-treatment of 17 male patients affected by isolated hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism (IHH) on testicular volume, plasma testosterone levels, and sperm concentration were assessed. Mean testicular volume increased from 3.8 +/- 0.2 (Mean +/- SEM) ml to a maximal of 14.9 +/- 1.1 ml after 22.2 +/- 2.3 months of hCG treatment. Maximal testicular volume correlated positively with the volume recorded before the patients had undergone any previous treatment. Testicular growth was also analysed by sorting the patients into two sub-groups according to whether their initial testicular volume was less than 4 ml (small testis subset, STS) or greater than or equal to 4 ml (large testis subset, LTS), supposedly indicating complete or partial gonadotrophin deficiency, respectively. Testicular volumes in the LTS group were always greater than those of the STS. Plasma testosterone levels reached adulthood values during hCG treatment and no statistically significant difference was detected between LTS and STS patients with IHH. Thirteen patients (70%) became sperm-positive during treatment with hCG alone; five out of eight (60%) were STS patients and eight out of nine (90%) were LTS. In addition, LTS patients always had a greater sperm output than did STS patients. Sperm concentration correlated positively with maximal testicular volume, but not with patient age, length of treatment, or initial testicular volume. The administration of hMG to eight of these patients caused an increase in testicular volume in two patients but the mean volume was not statistically different from that recorded at the end of treatment with hCG alone. Similarly, sperm concentration improved in three patients but again it did not differ significantly from that achieved in the course of hCG treatment. It is noteworthy that one patient became sperm-positive after the addition of hMG to his therapeutic regimen. Among sperm-positive patients attempting conception, seven out of 10 succeeded, two of whom were from the STS group. In summary, this study indicates that hCG alone is an effective treatment to induce complete spermiogenesis in IHH patients regardless of their initial testicular volume. However, a number of IHH patients may benefit from the addition of hMG in terms of testicular volume, sperm output, and pregnancy outcome.

mopes

I have used HCG for over 6 years. I also only have 30 percent of a normal immune system. No problems so far.

Thanks for the response. I know you do your research, so very helpful. Anything in the back of your mind that concerns you enough that you don't see your self continuing it, 10, 20, 30 years down the road?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Mopes

No. Whenever I forget to inject HCG I am reminded by my body. I am still highly value sex drive and better mood. Even if I had a heart attack or cancer I would continue with TRT plus HCG.

mopes

Mopes

No. Whenever I forget to inject HCG I am reminded by my body. I am still highly value sex drive and better mood. Even if I had a heart attack or cancer I would continue with TRT plus HCG.

Thanks Nelson. That's a very strong endorsement. Libido is one of my biggest problems so I will give it a shot. Lol.

Hell of a resource you have built for those of us who have had nowhere else to turn. Much appreciated.

stargate2500

I"m trying a lower dose.. though I want another kid, 2000iu causing tiredness so having to try other stuff. Since I reduced the hcg my energy and calmness is coming back..

frankwhite

This study used 120 weeks.

Int J Androl. 1992 Aug;15(4):320-9.
Therapy with human chorionic gonadotrophin alone induces spermatogenesis in men with isolated hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism--long-term follow-up.

Vicari E1, Mongioì A, Calogero AE, Moncada ML, Sidoti G, Polosa P, D'Agata R.

Abstract
The effects of long-term (14-120 months) hCG-treatment of 17 male patients affected by isolated hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism (IHH) on testicular volume, plasma testosterone levels, and sperm concentration were assessed. Mean testicular volume increased from 3.8 +/- 0.2 (Mean +/- SEM) ml to a maximal of 14.9 +/- 1.1 ml after 22.2 +/- 2.3 months of hCG treatment. Maximal testicular volume correlated positively with the volume recorded before the patients had undergone any previous treatment. Testicular growth was also analysed by sorting the patients into two sub-groups according to whether their initial testicular volume was less than 4 ml (small testis subset, STS) or greater than or equal to 4 ml (large testis subset, LTS), supposedly indicating complete or partial gonadotrophin deficiency, respectively. Testicular volumes in the LTS group were always greater than those of the STS. Plasma testosterone levels reached adulthood values during hCG treatment and no statistically significant difference was detected between LTS and STS patients with IHH. Thirteen patients (70%) became sperm-positive during treatment with hCG alone; five out of eight (60%) were STS patients and eight out of nine (90%) were LTS. In addition, LTS patients always had a greater sperm output than did STS patients. Sperm concentration correlated positively with maximal testicular volume, but not with patient age, length of treatment, or initial testicular volume. The administration of hMG to eight of these patients caused an increase in testicular volume in two patients but the mean volume was not statistically different from that recorded at the end of treatment with hCG alone. Similarly, sperm concentration improved in three patients but again it did not differ significantly from that achieved in the course of hCG treatment. It is noteworthy that one patient became sperm-positive after the addition of hMG to his therapeutic regimen. Among sperm-positive patients attempting conception, seven out of 10 succeeded, two of whom were from the STS group. In summary, this study indicates that hCG alone is an effective treatment to induce complete spermiogenesis in IHH patients regardless of their initial testicular volume. However, a number of IHH patients may benefit from the addition of hMG in terms of testicular volume, sperm output, and pregnancy outcome.

This study was done to show that HCG would help guys to produce sperm. It does nothing to address the OP's concern. I too am worried about a life on HCG when we don't know what it's doing long term other than mimicking LH.

Question: For the guys on TRT for LIFE who are also using HCG, why are you using it? Were you fine on test alone? Are you only concerned with your testicles looking full-size?

Blackhawk

This study was done to show that HCG would help guys to produce sperm. It does nothing to address the OP's concern. I too am worried about a life on HCG when we don't know what it's doing long term other than mimicking LH.

Question: For the guys on TRT for LIFE who are also using HCG, why are you using it? Were you fine on test alone? Are you only concerned with your testicles looking full-size?

I don't have the ultimate answer for duration of use, but for me, it's not about appearance of testicles it is about pain. Without HCG my balls retract tightly/painfully especially during sex and orgasm. It is a quality of life issue akin to the reasons I do TRT in the first place.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me